Hey people

RippedSurfer

My name's Luke, based in Wellington...

Been going to the gym constantly for about 1 1/2 months now...

When I first started this is what I could pretty much do...

40kg flat bench

12kg incline over head raises with dumbells

80kg leg press

etc....

Not alot of weight anyway... after going to the gym constantly with a spotting partner I am now lifting much more...

100kgs + flat bench 3 sets of 12

46kgs incline bench (over head dummbell raises) 3 sets of 12

400kg leg press 3 sets of 12

50kg preacher curls

I haven't really got in to squats and stuff yet, so i'll needa get in to that at some point...

Supps include:

Balance Protein Whey Protein Isolate through out the day, before and after workout

BZAAs before bed time

Creatine after work out

And I have gone from stripping tonnes of fat and started at 69kgs, now weigh in at 76.5kgs

The reason I have not gained much weight is while I've been putting on lean muscle, I have been stripping fat as well.

Good times, anyway just here to say hi and what not.

Catch yaz round. :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea man, no bull or anything, just being real man...

People talk about newbie gains only last so long, that is complete BS...

If you go to the gym and lift heavier using a spotter and protein like an Ox on rocket fuel then you gain hard...

But yea, genetics helps, but it's mostly from doing heavy heavy heavy and always stretching between my sets, used to do martial arts, so I remember some real good stretches that help the chest and rib cage which is cool.

yep it certainly helps to have a spotter, that's for sure. i'm amazed you've increased your bench that much, must feel pretty satisfying! benching over 25 kilos above your bodyweight is a solid effort, especially for a month's work at the gym. are you making sure you've got the technique right?

what's your diet looking like?

Gymsta

lol you can mock me all you want I don't care bro, come to my gym if you want :)

when I bench too heavy I push too much with my right wing, i'm actually finding it hard trying to get good form with heavier weights, so i'm having a bit of trouble on that side...

What is a good technique for balancing and pushing correctly?

I have my feet placed sort of outwards and arch my back a little.... ?

lol you can mock me all you want I don't care bro, come to my gym if you want :)

when I bench too heavy I push too much with my right wing, i'm actually finding it hard trying to get good form with heavier weights, so i'm having a bit of trouble on that side...

What is a good technique for balancing and pushing correctly?

I have my feet placed sort of outwards and arch my back a little.... ?

When you have the chance stand in front of the mirror(Before exercise) with your normal posture,take note whether or not your knuckles can be seen in the mirror, you might see more knuckles on one side more than the other.

Report back....

Hey Elite, done what you said, it's pretty much the same ?

So you can see your knuckles on both sides pretty clearly?

So where am i going with this? I see a lot people with internally rotated shoulders so if you can see your knuckles you are one of them, if its not corrected you might be looking at shoulder injuries in the future, I'd look at a ratio of 2:1 pulling vs pushing to balance out the shoulder joint.

In bench pressing your scapular humeral rhythm is out of balance, may be contributing to the issue you have in conjunction with the internally rotated shoulders.

If your hand positions in front of the mirror is neutral then all good, but I'd still advise a 2:1 ratio of pulling to pushing.

People talk about newbie gains only last so long, that is complete BS...

Um no its not.. by your theory that your so calls gains will continue you will be benching 160kg in 6 weeks time - You wont be!

If you go to the gym and lift heavier using a spotter and protein like an Ox on rocket fuel then you gain hard...

When you say lift heavy using a spotter your meaning that you load the bar up with 100kg on it and lower it a couple inches then have the guy deadlift it off your chest. Oh yeah I know that technique there are a bunch of guys who employ this technique at my gym and none of them look any bigger but it looks real impressive when the bar is racked and they are standing around looking at it for 10minutes between sets.

Go hard bro.

When you say lift heavy using a spotter your meaning that you load the bar up with 100kg on it and lower it a couple inches then have the guy deadlift it off your chest. Oh yeah I know that technique there are a bunch of guys who employ this technique at my gym and none of them look any bigger but it looks real impressive when the bar is racked and they are standing around looking at it for 10minutes between sets.

Go hard bro.

Repped.

Go hard bro.

Repped.

+1

co-sign.jpg

Go hard bro.

Repped.

+1

co-sign.jpg

+2

:nod:

Lmfao, you wanna be a cool guy and make judgemental statements without knowing jack.

Come to my gym and see for yourself bud.

I lift the weight by myself my spotter only helps a little bit with my last lift... I guess there must be cool people like you on every forum?

post a vid up brah. then we might believe you

Lmfao, you wanna be a cool guy and make judgemental statements without knowing jack.

Come to my gym and see for yourself bud.

I lift the weight by myself my spotter only helps a little bit with my last lift... I guess there must be cool people like you on every forum?

post a vid up brah. then we might believe you

+1