NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Railway_Man

What is the opinion of most users on this forum on Marijuana

agree with you optimass. however i think it should be decriminalized if you are caught smoking or in posession of small amounts i.e a 50 bag which is only for yourself and obviously not being used to sell/make money from others

You buy protein in bulk to save, same with weed. What if you don't want to be ripped off and get an O or 2 purely for yourself. Not fair that someone with a small amount on them gets of the hook and you don't :o

yea but your a lot more likely to get caught blazing up in a car than your house and if your carrying round a couple of o's n ur car with u when u blaze ur either sellin or stupid and should be caught lol

My opinion of the matter is that everyone who has the potential to make informed decisions should be free too to a point(18+) e.g alcohol, cigarretes, drugs etc. When those decisions start to effect not just the person consuming but other innoccent people e.g passive smoking, drunk driving, druged driving etc then there need to be controls e.g tax, criminalisation etc. to which degree is out of our hands. A major concern of mine tho is from some of the comments on here. As people who are so quick to judge others in regards to incoorect technique, laziness and eating badly yet they are so ready to take something (cannibis) which they know has no way of enhancing performance, quality of life, and is poisoning themselves baffles me a bit.

I cant get my head around it!

My 2 cents

im with Luigi on this one 100%.

i can say that in all my years of smoking and association with stoners that i have NEVER encountered a violent stoned person.

the reason for this is simple.

pot, in any form on its own, is a SEDATIVE.

jimjim, i encourage you to source information that supports your claim.

i would be very interested in reading it.

even studies on animals.

and yes, i will eat my humble pie if you find it :D

but i doubt you will.

Im not debating with you Im telling you. There are people out there who smoke cannabis and become violent. Is not a wonder drug where everybody holds hand and cuddles. Like I said we must deal with different people because the folks I know you wouldnt want to know.

Its not a sedative its a depressant similar but different.

Im not debating with you Im telling you. There are people out there who smoke cannabis and become violent. Is not a wonder drug where everybody holds hand and cuddles. Like I said we must deal with different people because the folks I know you wouldnt want to know.

well for argument sake, i AM debating with you :lol:

i dont believe you.

and http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hem ... /bruin.htm fifth paragraph down.

debate started :D

lets do 'dis!

haha

My question is 'How was it classified as a DRUG in the first place?'. Ganja is a natural herb found all over the world and is not harmful. Who and why was it classified as a drug? Part of the answer is probably that in the Western world people began to manipulate it and lace it with other things to make it more potent. But anyway there could be all sorts of explanations. I just want to know the classification as a drug part of it. Anyone!

Search DuPont and Henry J Anslinger,you best bet to search is on Youtube as well

well for argument sake, i AM debating with you :lol:

i dont believe you.

and http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hem ... /bruin.htm fifth paragraph down.

debate started :D

lets do 'dis!

haha

Well I just smoke a big fat joint and your giving me the RAGE and im about to become VIOLENT. :madman:

In all seriousness Im talking from personal experiance. You might mellow out and so might your friends but I know people who loose the plot big time and are more than happy to stick a gun in your face after smoke a blunt.

im with Luigi on this one 100%.

i can say that in all my years of smoking and association with stoners that i have NEVER encountered a violent stoned person.

the reason for this is simple.

pot, in any form on its own, is a SEDATIVE.

jimjim, i encourage you to source information that supports your claim.

i would be very interested in reading it.

even studies on animals.

and yes, i will eat my humble pie if you find it :D

but i doubt you will.

I understand what you're saying. If someone is predisposed towards aggression then weeds not going to make them a nice person. Especially not if the weed makes them paro. But f*ck people like that, seriously in that case drugs aren't even the issue, their fucked up way of thinking is the issue. Being raised wrong, having the wrong friends not getting a decent education those are the sources of their problems.

Everyone seems to be concentrating on whether or not stoners get violent, and using that as an argument for or against legalising it.

There are other effects of drug use that I find more concerning. Primarily, we already have enough of a problem with successive generations getting dumber, lacking focus and discipline, and just generally disproving Darwin. I really don't see how making it easier for people to fry themselves is going to halt this evolutionary backslide.

Yeah let's legalise weed, we need more people to wake up in the morning, get stoned and not get off their asses for the rest of the day except to grab a bag of doritos. We need less people to go to work, earn a living, pay taxes. But it's ok, the government will be able to tax the dole money that gets spent on the weed, enabling them to put more money back into paying more dole to the stoners who got too stoned to go to work. Can you say viscious cycle?

In general, I am all for personal freedoms, and vehemently opposed to the "nanny state". But in this instance, I think the status quo should stand.

Everyone seems to be concentrating on whether or not stoners get violent, and using that as an argument for or against legalising it.

There are other effects of drug use that I find more concerning. Primarily, we already have enough of a problem with successive generations getting dumber, lacking focus and discipline, and just generally disproving Darwin. I really don't see how making it easier for people to fry themselves is going to halt this evolutionary backslide.

Yeah let's legalise weed, we need more people to wake up in the morning, get stoned and not get off their asses for the rest of the day except to grab a bag of doritos. We need less people to go to work, earn a living, pay taxes. But it's ok, the government will be able to tax the dole money that gets spent on the weed, enabling them to put more money back into paying more dole to the stoners who got too stoned to go to work. Can you say viscious cycle?

In general, I am all for personal freedoms, and vehemently opposed to the "nanny state". But in this instance, I think the status quo should stand.

good post mate. that deserves a nomination :lol:

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

interesting debate all round but this post does some it up really well weed definitely makes the young ones lazy and less motivated and generally just slow all round!

Evolution isn't about going forward or backwards. It's simply change due to environmental pressures. These people are actually proving Darwin right in a certain way, which is that they are adapting to an environment and finding the easiest way to survive. And by these people I am not referring to cannabis users I'm referring to people who happily walk down to work and income every week to get their dole check. Lack of education and being raised badly is the issue here.

You made a broad generalization about cannabis users based on what I assume is conjecture to create an argument against it's legalization. I will retract that statement if you show me even one study which would indicate that most heavy cannabis users regularly wake n bake to a point which incapacitates them and prevents them going to work. And that it actually causes a significant amount of lost productivity.

I'm not really for or against this, but I will happily debate the issue because it's interesting to see how people think.

Weed is definitely better than alchohol, but I dont think you should be driving or around/looking after kids while you are high.

I remember one time I WAS driving while high with a car full of friends years ago (don't worry they are still alive), we'd been taking hits from the bong at my place before heading off out to a mates house party, and all of a sudden I said "I can't feel my legs".

One of my mates ordered me to pull over and park and we walked the rest of the way.

Good times. :)

Weed is definitely better than alchohol, but I dont think you should be driving or around/looking after kids while you are high.

I remember one time I WAS driving while high with a car full of friends years ago (don't worry they are still alive), we'd been taking hits from the bong at my place before heading off out to a mates house party, and all of a sudden I said "I can't feel my legs".

One of my mates ordered me to pull over and park and we walked the rest of the way.

Nice one,I wouldn't mind trying it once its legalized

Did the same thing. First time I got blazed. My mate packed a cone for me, 20mins later I was driving. First I went around the roundabout the wrong way and then I kept on cruzing at about 20k/hr in a 50k zone all the way to BK. Good times.

^^ i agree with there bud, where is any study or evidence of truth bar your own ideas of "pot heads"...

As i stated before and i deal with those wonderfully happy and lovely people of which Ronin was referencing to and you know what there not stoned there drunk. As he said above its our social structure, they way people are being raised and morals, all of which these days a severally lacking.

A number of times weekly i get these great champions of society reminding me of why it is that i don't drink. The truth of your argument my man has no base in pot or the people that use it, but more in people them self's and they way our society is turning out.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that some people shouldn't have kids, but they do and completely freely.

The problem is working out what exercises to do... I have had a smoke a couple of times before training and wound up doing a million sets of one exercise cos "it just seemed like a good idea" ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

The problem is working out what exercises to do... I have had a smoke a couple of times before training and wound up doing a million sets of one exercise cos "it just seemed like a good idea" ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

shot bro :-s