NZ Muscle Post & Photo of the Month competitions

Pseudonym

3 hours ago, PETN said:

Serious question...what does getting more likes on instagram acheive? Does it mean youre more likely to get sponsorship or place higher in bikini class? Or is it just you want more likes with no ulterior motive?

Think about it as another medium for advertising. If someone has a large following, supplement companies realise the opportunity to reach this audience by "sponsoring" the person and having them advertise their products.

3 hours ago, PETN said:

Serious question...what does getting more likes on instagram acheive? Does it mean youre more likely to get sponsorship or place higher in bikini class? Or is it just you want more likes with no ulterior motive?

more random supplement shops will give u discount codes for 5% - 10% off ur next order over $300 bro, #livingthedream

18 hours ago, PETN said:

There's a motive to a degree. Long term goal would obviously be some sort of sponsorship by way of supplement company and clothing line. If companies see you have a good following and people are responding to your posts (likes, comments etc), they are more likely to sponsor you because they know your posts about their products will reach a wider audience.

hashtags actually just help people find your photos and account I was taking the p when I said for likes haha.

14 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

more random supplement shops will give u discount codes for 5% - 10% off ur next order over $300 bro, #livingthedream

#livingthedream when my supps are free and yours are still only 5% off...

• 4 weeks later...

Alrighty. Coming in finally with the results for... ahem... March. :blush:

(sorry about that, but in our defence, we have been very busy!)

Photo of the Month goes to Beefneggs, with his Flex Friday pic. Well done mate - you're looking, err, beefy!

CIXP2309.jpg

Meanwhile Post of the Month goes to Cory_huges for his topic BENCH: Why won't you grow? What followed Cory's question was a great discussion on how to fix a lagging bench press. Lots of excellent opinions were offered, and all of them are worth the read if you haven't already done so.

Congrats guys. You've just won $100 worth of supplements for yourselves, courtesy of the good chaps at NZ Muscle. Check your PMs for the details.

• 1 month later...

Another month, another two deserving winners...

This month's Post of the Month goes to Bigken1985, for his journal entries about competing at the IPF Canterbury Champs. His post about the event itself is here, but it's worth reading before and after as well, for some good discussion on cutting water to make weight - and how that worked for him.

Meanwhile, Photo of the Month could only go to Wheels. This pic says it all, really:

IMG_0276.JPG

Well done guys. There's $100 worth of tasty NZ Muscle supplements awaiting you both. :-)

• 5 weeks later...

And the winners just keep on coming...

I'm bending the rules a little this month, because while there wasn't a standout Post winner, we had two very worthy contenders for Photo.

So, congratulations to our Photo of the Month winner, PugRolla. Her progress updates are showing awesome progress, and she's well on track to looking slim and trim. In fact, at the rate she's been going, she may well have hit slim-and-trim status already. Probably time for an update, PugRolla!

Check out her results so far: 

First.jpgimage.jpeg

Meanwhile, our other Photo of the Month winner - Mrs Beefneggs. 

11885215_10208883818677863_4949948007713108619_n.jpg IMG_3253.PNG

Now if that's not an incredible transformation, I don't know what is!

Well done, ladies! You've just won yourselves $100 worth of supplements each from the good people at NZ Muscle. (And Mr Beefneggs, you're not to eat all your wife's prizes!)

On 6/29/2016 at 0:10 AM, Pseudonym said:

And the winners just keep on coming...

I'm bending the rules a little this month, because while there wasn't a standout Post winner, we had two very worthy contenders for Photo.

So, congratulations to our Photo of the Month winner, PugRolla. Her progress updates are showing awesome progress, and she's well on track to looking slim and trim. In fact, at the rate she's been going, she may well have hit slim-and-trim status already. Probably time for an update, PugRolla!

Check out her results so far: 

First.jpgimage.jpeg

Meanwhile, our other Photo of the Month winner - Mrs Beefneggs. 

11885215_10208883818677863_4949948007713108619_n.jpg IMG_3253.PNG

Now if that's not an incredible transformation, I don't know what is!

Well done, ladies! You've just won yourselves $100 worth of supplements each from the good people at NZ Muscle. (And Mr Beefneggs, you're not to eat all your wife's prizes!)

Lol Mrs Beef n eggs was sleeping and I woke her up to the message she won- she was stoked as .

Shes a sharing wee thing so Ill indulge in the isolate she got "us" lol

Thanks again for the support , she was humbled 

• 4 weeks later...

OK, we're back again with another two NZ Muscle vouchers for another two deserving winners. And this month, they are...

Post of the Month

@Skeletor for his excellent topic on Correct spotting of the squat. Some great discussion in there - definitely worth a look.

Photo of the Month

@Englishman88 for his competition log as he prepped for the British championship. Thanks for posting it, mate - it was a good read. Oh, and your abs are insane.

received_1049462411815131.jpeg

As always, thanks to the peeps at NZ Muscle, there's a $100 supplements voucher awaiting you both. Enjoy! :-) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dishing out the prizes once again...

Post of the Month

This month's Post of the Month goes to EliteProAli, for his journal as he works his way towards becoming an Elite powerlifter, and a Pro bodybuilder. And at the rate his lifts keep increasing, the first goal won't be far off. With loads of lifting videos, this journal is one to bookmark...

Jack of two trades, master of none!

2015-07-25 17.37.10.jpg

Photo of the Month

This could equally have been a Post winner, but our Photo of the Month winner is FellowshipOfTheRon. Check out the story of his first powerlifting comp in his journal, Think less, eat more. And it's a philosophy that seems to be working for him. (It's worth skipping forwards a few pages to see his latest progress pics, too.)

DSC_2896.JPG

Good stuff guys. You know the drill...  The excellent people from NZ Muscle are standing by to shower you with free supplements.

whoa, thanks again gymnation and @nzmuscle ! kinda dont feel like i deserved this one, it was the gymnation community that i owe everything to. defs appreciate it and will do my best to keep contributing to the community that has made me strong and restored my will power to keep powering on when everything seems so dark.  good stuff @EliteProAli, hope to be on your level some day , atleast in powerlifting !

• 3 weeks later...
On 1 April 2016 at 10:02 AM, Georg said:

There's a motive to a degree. Long term goal would obviously be some sort of sponsorship by way of supplement company and clothing line. If companies see you have a good following and people are responding to your posts (likes, comments etc), they are more likely to sponsor you because they know your posts about their products will reach a wider audience.

hashtags actually just help people find your photos and account I was taking the p when I said for likes haha.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG WTF IT'S A MASSIVE TWO MONTHS WORTH OF WINNERS IN ONE POST! :-o

Admittedly, that's because our announcements have gradually been slipping later and later, so this is catch-up. (We took a few liberties with the timeframes, too.)

Anyway, moving on to our two-announcements-in-one…

Our “Photos of the Months” winners are Trainlikeafreak and Maccaz.

Trainlikeafreak for his competition pics from the recent NABBA-WFF Hawkes Bay show. He’s clearly been working hard on his symmetry and on bringing up a few lagging parts – and it worked, as he took out his class and had a good crack at the overall.

image.jpeg

Maccaz wins the category for “Most Improved Powerlifter’s Physique, 108-110kg Male”. Good stuff, Maccaz – you’re just a few weeks and a shave away from joining Trainlikeafreak on the bodybuilding stage.

image.jpeg

Now for our “Posts of the Months” winners.

There are good posts, there are great posts – and very very occasionally there are exceptional posts. The ones that take guts to write, and boy, do they make an impact.

Both of these posts fall into that category, so congratulations to Bang_bang and Psyke.

Bang_bang’s account of the darker side of his tren cycle is a must-read post if you’re thinking about using that compound. As we discovered, he’s far from alone in his experience.

In the middle of a fairly frank discussion (to put it kindly) about transgender athletes entering competitions, long-time member Psyke came out to give his perspective on life as a female-to-male gym junkie. It's an eye-opening post.

Thanks for sharing your stories, guys – I know they will have helped some of our members and visitors.

In fact, thanks to all of you for posting. Check your PMs. Your NZ Muscle vouchers await. :-D