NZ Muscle Post & Photo of the Month competitions

Pseudonym

It pays to be an active member on NZBodybuilding.co.nz. Not only can you get great advice, you can also win great prizes. For instance...

Post of the month

Every month we're giving away a supplements voucher worth $100, thanks to the guys at NZ Muscle. When you see a post you think is extra special, hit the "I like this!" button to give it kudos. Every month, the mods will use the kudos to help them select a Post of the Month. The winning post could be an excellent question, or an excellent answer. It could be a journal entry, or an in-depth competition report. Let's see what you've got!

Photo of the month

Here's another $100 supplements voucher from NZ Muscle! And just for taking a photo. There's one catch - we're only interested in photos in the Competition (and Event calendar) forums, in the Recipes forum, and of course in Post your Pics. It's a perfect reason to take those progress photos you've been putting off - get out the camera and start snapping!

(Obviously the photos you submit have to be your own. We may require proof of this before awarding any prize.)

A few days after the end of each month (giving last-minute posts a chance to be nominated), the mods will select a winner using your nominations as a guide. This ensures we don't have the same people winning every time. Not that we're restricting people to one win only, but we want to spread the joy.

Older Post and Photo of the Month winners have been archived.

You can see the archived winners here.

• 1 year later...

Well, after a lot of deliberating, we have our June 2011 winners!

There were quite a few contenders this month, but our Post of the Month award goes to someone who consistently posted sound, logical contributions, despite taking a pretty controversial stance in a pretty heated debate. And his soaring kudos score reflected that. So Post of the Month goes to ThePman, for his multiple posts in YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT!!

We've always been suckers for a good story, so when Big John combined that with some very impressive transformation pics, he was a sure winner for Photo of the Month. If you're in need of inspiration, check out his Fat to skinny, then weak to strong!

19872_298164398741_631548741_3480698_3903922_n.jpg

Well done guys! You've both won $100 worth of supplements, courtesy of our good friends at NZ Muscle. :clap:

Long overdue recognition for the Pman! Easily one of the most informative and well considered posters on the forum. Fighting bro science one badly informed noob at a time!

And Good work BJ! Mean transformation. I reckon Powerlifting can have you for a couple more years than we will steal you back to Bodybuilding :wink:

And Good work BJ! Mean transformation. I reckon Powerlifting can have you for a couple more years than we will steal you back to Bodybuilding :wink:

ooooooooooo *ponders* dunno about that SG, would have to be some good incentives!!! haha

• 4 weeks later...

Would the following July winners please step up to the podium?

Post of the Month goes to Drizzt for his excellent advice on how to use the Smolov training programme to bring up a crap squat. Having been through Smolov's heavy squats four times a week (and survived!), Drizzt shares his best tips and helpful information.

Meanwhile Katie1309 takes out Photo of Month with an updated set of progress pics. Well done Katie - you can definitely see your shape changing in all the right directions!

You guys have both won $100 worth of supplements from the wonderful people at NZ Muscle. I'll send you a PM with the details shortly.

(And incidentally, NZ Muscle have just opened a new store in Queen St, Auckland. If you're in town, pop in and say hi!)

• 1 month later...

Our august, August winners are here. Are they here? They are here. Here they are.

It's not something you'll ever hear a bodybuilding magazine say. It's certainly not politically correct. It totally rubbishes the "If you can dream it, you can do it" mantra. It's the cold, harsh truth, and it won HumanPerformance the Post of the Month award. The fact is, says HP, if you don't have the genetics of a top pro bodybuilder, you will never be a top pro bodybuilder.

We've said it before, and we'll say it again - we're suckers for dramatic Before/After transformations. And Bartz' Journey so far is pretty damn dramatic, earning him a well-deserved Photo of the Month award. (Bobsta also deserves a special mention - not only for being Bartz' trainer, but also for being this month's Post runner-up with a great post in Why do we want to look this way?)

file.php?id=10512&t=1 file.php?t=1&id=10513

As always, the guys at NZ Muscle have $100 worth of supplements waiting for each of the winners. I'll send you gents a PM with the details. Thanks NZ Muscle!

BTW, NZ Muscle is celebrating its 2nd Birthday for the Constellation Store this weekend (10-11 September). There are discounts, goody bags, samplings and more. Click here for details.

I guess NZ Muscle started sponsoring in July? Thought it was Punch Supplements, what happend to them? Interesting that you removed all the older "Post & Photo of the month prizes" posts...

Just a note on NZ Muscle... My mate wanted me to start a topic on them but I decided against it. But this seems like a good place to put it.

DRWK, you're welcome to post a review of any supplement retailer, but it's better to do it in a new topic so it doesn't derail this one. I've split your posts out here. Let's leave this topic for the monthly winners.

As far as the change in sponsor goes, Punch decided to take a break, so NZ Muscle grabbed the opportunity to step in. As for removing the Punch-sponsored posts, well, I think that's fairly self explanatory. If you're sponsoring something, you don't want to be advertising your opposition. Try finding a beer that's not Heineken at the Rugby World Cup. :grin:

DRWK, you're welcome to post a review of any supplement retailer, but it's better to do it in a new topic so it doesn't derail this one. I've split your posts out here. Let's leave this topic for the monthly winners.

As far as the change in sponsor goes, Punch decided to take a break, so NZ Muscle grabbed the opportunity to step in. As for removing the Punch-sponsored posts, well, I think that's fairly self explanatory. If you're sponsoring something, you don't want to be advertising your opposition. Try finding a beer that's not Heineken at the Rugby World Cup. :grin:

I understand the need to let people know who the sponser is now but I also think in a way it is unfair to Punch Supplements. To any new members they will have no idea Punch Supplements supported as at one point in time. It seems that this history has been erased and only the new sponser matters. Also I find it kind of sad that this topic is no longer a complete history of the "Post & Photo of the month" to keep a sponser happy. Just a few opinions...

I understand the need to let people know who the sponser is now but I also think in a way it is unfair to Punch Supplements. To any new members they will have no idea Punch Supplements supported as at one point in time. It seems that this history has been erased and only the new sponser matters. Also I find it kind of sad that this topic is no longer a complete history of the "Post & Photo of the month" to keep a sponser happy. Just a few opinions...

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: