old fella - Thread Wrap Up

oldfella

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have increased teste to 0.75 ml twice a week.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere but what did you start with oldfella??Two half ml shots?

EDIT: found it :pfft:

has your weight dropped a couple kgs did I read somewhere on here you went up to 88kg what made you dump weight ??

How many mg?

1ml = 250mcg.

You mean mg i think pal, so that would be 375mg a week..... ok thats a random dose

hope ur well..

Taking the gentle approach. 0.5ml, 0.75ml - may go to 1ml. All depends on how the body handles things. Monitoring bp which can have an impact.

Have increased teste to 0.75 ml twice a week.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere but what did you start with oldfella??Two half ml shots?

EDIT: found it :pfft:

has your weight dropped a couple kgs did I read somewhere on here you went up to 88kg what made you dump weight ??

Haven't managed to really drop any weight. Seem to be hanging around 87ish. The jump to 88 would have been the initial fluid retention. Best I've been since this began is 86.20. This morning 86.80. But the BF has reduced which I'm pleased about. BF check in 2 weeks.

Maybe if you did just a little cardio it could stimulate your appetite, also make sure you are taking all your water soluble vitamins at least a couple of times a day. A deficiency in b vits can cause insomnia and lack of appetite. Vit c is great as an anti oxidant and a good calcium/magnesium supplement will help with water transport across cell membranes. So better pumps, no cramps etc etc etc

OH and a little cardio goes a long way on a cycle to help keep your appetite up!! Even just 20 mins 2 or 3 times a week and doesn't even have to be strenuous.

Maybe if you did just a little cardio it could stimulate your appetite, also make sure you are taking all your water soluble vitamins at least a couple of times a day. A deficiency in b vits can cause insomnia and lack of appetite. Vit c is great as an anti oxidant and a good calcium/magnesium supplement will help with water transport across cell membranes. So better pumps, no cramps etc etc etc

OH and a little cardio goes a long way on a cycle to help keep your appetite up!! Even just 20 mins 2 or 3 times a week and doesn't even have to be strenuous.

Cheers. Appreciate any feedback.

Currently walking with a weight vest on, 40 odd minutes every morning and approx 60 in the weekends (apart from wet days).

Sleeping is no issue. Lights out when the head hits the pillow. Only vitamin I take at the moment is Vit D. Took multi vits for such a long time thought it time to give them a break. Would only take a specific vit if it had a specific purpose now.

Cut back the chicken to 170gms (raw weight) for M2 and M4 today. Feels right amount.

It's been suggested the orals are most likely causing my lack of appetite. This isn't really great as I need to feed growing muscles.

Anyone got any suggestions - bearing in mind I'm trying to lose body fat. All help appreciated.

Legs tonight. Tried to focus on the pump with reps but didn't really get there.

Leg ext - 15 x 40, 15 x 50, 15 x 60, 15 x 70. Slow reps.

Squats - 10 x 60, 10 x 80, 10 x 90, 8 x 100, 3 x 110 (first time at this weight)

Leg Press - 12 x 160 (x 4)

Hams.

Haven't done squats for a helluva long time. Just don't like them and never had decent strength to do them properly. As the leg press was in use thought I'd give them a crack. Have to admit they went pretty well. Thought my head was gonna explode on the 110's though.

Old fella Ive been thinking about your picture and your guesstimate that your 23odd %bf................I think there is an age where the nutritionist changes graphs from say where Id be 15% (27 years) and yet if I were 30 Id be 19% my old nutritionist used to use the younger graph for anyone who was consistently training Id be interested to see your BF in the younger person chart as your pic doesnt show you being 23% IMO. I have a pic of me when I was 22% and was a horrible sight......

Keep up the good training 12 weeks youll be ripped up ready for the beach :nod:

End of week 4.

Appetite - still not flash.

Weight - no major changes.

Strength - still increasing.

Mental - too bloody tired to care.

Getting more red in the face under exertion. Will need to keep a closer eye on my blood pressure. Last check it was 130, suspect it's more likely 140ish.

Feeling absolutely stuffed at weeks end. Either from good intensive training and increasing weights, or not getting enough food in to fuel the increasing weight being shifted. Was pretty grouchy at work yesterday which I reckon comes from the tiredness. Had a couple glasses of plonk (just for mental reasons), and got a good solid sleep last night. About 12 hours.

Flagged some cardio this week so I don't go to work tired. Achilles are taking about 10 minutes to loosen up in the mornings now and the knees feel swollen.

Some exercises this week.

Chest

Incl Press - 12 x 18, 12 x 24, 10 x 28, 10 x 32, 8 x 36. Went for more reps

Bench - 12 x 60, 10, 70, 4 x 80 (didn't feel safe) 8 x 80 (had a safety spotter)

Flat Fly - 10 x 20, 8 x 22, 8 x 24

Tris - this went well for a change.

Pullover Push - left elbow tweaked so kept them light

DB Pullover - 5 sets

V bar PD - about 7 sets here, all the way to the bottom of the stack. Those tris were pumped - felt brilliant.

Back

1 Arm Row - 12 x 20, 12 x 20, 10 x 22, 10 x 24 - real slow

CG Seat Row - 12 x 50, 12 x 60, 12 x 70, 10 x 80, 8 x 90 (leaning slightly forward, pulled right in and up to nipple level)

T-Bar - 12 x 40, 12 x 60, 6 x 75, 6 x 75

WG PD - 12 x 40, 12 x 50, 10 x 60, 10 x 60 (pulled down, hold, slow release)

Straight arm PD - 12 x 20, 10 x 30, 8 x 40

That was me fried.

BP 140 is still fine. What is your bottom line like (diastolic). reduced carbs may be causing u some issues with tiredness & energy but I guess that is the bain of a pre contest diet. hope you have made some change to BF levels :D Keep it up OF. Doing well.

Working on the BF. Will get it checked shortly. Machine is giving some odd readings so will get a GP to check BP for a sure reading. Last night's reading had the missus heading for the paddles. Bottom line hasn't gone past 82 so far.

As I've missed a few cardio sessions I tried to combine it a bit with legs today.

Leg ext - 5 x 20 (50kgs)

Squat - 6 x 15 (60kgs)

Leg Press 1 x 100 (120kgs) various sets just went for 100 reps

Seated Leg Curl - got 45 out before they started to cramp

After the squats I was buggered, my heart rate was flat out. Got the closest to the bucket for a while halfway through the leg press. Good session though, lot of cardio involved and the lactic acid was flowing freely through the quads.

MNZ is right Distollic pressure is the one to watch 80 is normal rating.

The thermos "turbos" are what are causing the appetite supression. Germainium has similar effect to BZP and other much cooler recreational supplements.

IMO drop them out for two weeks and just let your body re-adjust. Your bodyfat will still go down provided your meals are clean and you maintain intensity in your training.

Chicken can be a bit dryer to eat also - have you tried mincing it. Alternatively switch to beef - more protein in smaller size meal.

:)

The thermos "turbos" are what are causing the appetite supression. Germainium has similar effect to BZP and other much cooler recreational supplements.

IMO drop them out for two weeks and just let your body re-adjust. Your bodyfat will still go down provided your meals are clean and you maintain intensity in your training.

Chicken can be a bit dryer to eat also - have you tried mincing it. Alternatively switch to beef - more protein in smaller size meal.

Thanks for that. Will certainly give that a try.

I hope he is not taking Germainium Opti, as it is a carbon based metalic semi conductor. What is in Genesis Turbos is the drug dimethylamylamine (DMAA) or Geranamine.

"1,3-Dimethylamylamine is a derivative of geranium oil which resembles the body’s own chemical messenger, epinephrine (adrenaline). Like adrenaline, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine is a powerful CNS stimulant, for added energy, increased clarity and a boost in physical performance, especially valuable to athletes during calorie restriction or when a high level of focus is needed. For fat loss, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine works through a similar chemical pathway as ephedrine, causing a rise in cAMP, the chemical messenger that triggers fat release."

OF has it in mainly for fat loss & performance training. I personally do not have issues using it with respect to appetite. But many CNS stims can effect you in this area.

I hope he is not taking Germainium Opti, as it is a carbon based metalic semi conductor. What is in Genesis Turbos is the drug dimethylamylamine (DMAA) or Geranamine.

"1,3-Dimethylamylamine is a derivative of geranium oil which resembles the body’s own chemical messenger, epinephrine (adrenaline). Like adrenaline, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine is a powerful CNS stimulant, for added energy, increased clarity and a boost in physical performance, especially valuable to athletes during calorie restriction or when a high level of focus is needed. For fat loss, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine works through a similar chemical pathway as ephedrine, causing a rise in cAMP, the chemical messenger that triggers fat release."

OF has it in mainly for fat loss & performance training. I personally do not have issues using it with respect to appetite. But many CNS stims can effect you in this area.

I don't know how much of that chemical is in Turbos but i know from my own experience of taking it is those new party pills late last year that there is no Way that i would be eating much, just not nesscessary, Why eat when you feel that good? :pfft:

and usually i am hungry all the time.

:oops: ... i had my periodic table upside down :shifty: don't you hate it when you get your compounds and substances mixed up - can be potentially fatal at times :pfft:

Geranamine

This trademarked extract from geranium oil provides potent thermogenic and appetite-suppressing actions. It's considered a sympathomimetic amine, which means that, like ephedra, this high-powered flower extract provides effects similar to norepinephrine (NE), the adrenalinelike neurotransmitter that revs up metabolic rate, increases fat mobilization from fat cells, decreases appetite and provides one hell of a pick-me-up.

:oops: ... i had my periodic table upside down :shifty: don't you hate it when you get your compounds and substances mixed up - can be potentially fatal at times :pfft:

Geranamine

This trademarked extract from geranium oil provides potent thermogenic and appetite-suppressing actions. It's considered a sympathomimetic amine, which means that, like ephedra, this high-powered flower extract provides effects similar to norepinephrine (NE), the adrenalinelike neurotransmitter that revs up metabolic rate, increases fat mobilization from fat cells, decreases appetite and provides one hell of a pick-me-up.

Nice. Its a fine balance. I tend to use only on heavy training days. Perhaps if you are using every day it will suppress appetite more.

Geranamine

Nice. Its a fine balance. I tend to use only on heavy training days. Perhaps if you are using every day it will suppress appetite more.

Either that or you just like your food too much MNZ!

How are those Angus burgers, chips & a large coke by the way - I haven't had any since last time I was down :^o !!!

Others have also commented Turbos suppress their appetite, not to the same extent as the old compound turbos though.

Cheers guys, some really good info here. Many thanks for that. :nod:

Been listening to some sound advice :nod: and have decided to stop the dbol to get my appetite and feeling of wellness back. Have realised the queezy feeling :puke: has affected me more than I thought.

Will drop the turbos for a week as well and see what happens.

That was interesting. Went to the doc for a blood pressure check today and came away with nothing conclusive.

First attempt 136 / 100. 2nd attempt 5 minutes later 150 / 96. Reckoned there were various stress triggers happening. She's not that good looking. :pfft: Said to come back in a few days and get the nurse to recheck it.

All I got was the above and a blood test. Apart from the normal she's doing a full liver test. Be interested to see what the results are.

Asked me what I was taking and had to help her spell everything. I believe I'm the only one she ever gets who's getting "assistance".