old fella - Thread Wrap Up

oldfella

Hi,

been perusing the forum for quite a while now, and see a lot of Q & A's re steroids and young guys.

I'm far from young and in the throes of going to the dark side. So I thought I'd head down to the right section and post up what an old guy goes through when cycling. Won't be massively detailed but hope to be informative.

If you're interested head down there from time to time and offer advice, comments (constructive) or ask questions.

Just getting back to full health after 6 weeks off before I begin. Going to shed a few kilos with cardio first and feel positive before I begin.

cheers.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of background.

Going into this I'm wary of 2 things.

My health and the impact it'll have on it, and my relationship. Have heard many stories where relationships have ended due to the roids. My wife isn't happy with me taking them, but will support me anyway. :D

Age - old enough to know better.

BP - round 120 / 83. This will be closely monitored.

Weight - 86kgs

Plan is to cardio consistently for 2 weeks. This will help get the BF down which is most likely round 23% atm. Taking Lean FX twice a day to help get the metabolism up, plus a bit of glutamine and omega 3.

If the main muscle is pumping fine then we'll begin.

This may be TestE stacked with Proviron. Will confirm shortly.

Workouts are split between light and heavy weeks.

Mon - Quads, calves

Tues - Chest, bis

Wed - Hams, tris

Fri - Back, calves

Sat - Delts, abs

Fuel

M1 Oats, PP, yoghurt / banana

M2 Chicken, crackers / bread

M3 Chop Chop, crackers, yoghurt, bar/nuts

M4 Chicken

M5 Post workout – shake

M6 Steak, vege

M7 Shake

cheers.

Question - would you lead into a cycle with 1/2ml teste for a couple weeks to acclimatise the body before you took 1ml? I know it takes a few weeks for it to kick in but was thinking a lead in may be easier on the heart.

Bearing in mind older people don't produce as much testosterone as younger people.

Question - would you lead into a cycle with 1/2ml teste for a couple weeks to acclimatise the body before you took 1ml? I know it takes a few weeks for it to kick in but was thinking a lead in may be easier on the heart.

Bearing in mind older people don't produce as much testosterone as younger people.

There will be no difference in using 1/2 or 1ml. 1 ml TestE is 250mg Test. In fact it equates to less than that after you take out the ester weight. So you are only playing with very low doses which is fine & will result in a considerable increase in total serum test levels given that you are probably only producing naturally around 50mg if you are an "Old fella" :lol: There will not be a big Wow Factor I would suggest but gradually you will find strength, endurance & recovery picking up. I like your idea of stacking Proviron with your Test . This is a very good option for us "older folk" :pfft: Not only for its estrogenic properties (& pumping out big loads :grin: ) but for its effect on SHBG. Maybe 25-50mg ED would be sufficient.

Interested to know what your goals are?

He Old fella. I will read with interest your progress as I too have have been tempted by the dark side.I am also an "old fella" but there seems too many variables with this stuff. I am looking at alternatives instead. Are u planning on doing a comp? What do u call and "old fella"?

He Old fella. I will read with interest your progress as I too have have been tempted by the dark side.I am also an "old fella" but there seems too many variables with this stuff. I am looking at alternatives instead. Are u planning on doing a comp? What do u call and "old fella"?

Nope, will not compete this year. Competition dieting would be too hard on an "older" body in conjunction with steriods. I think that would be a bit hard on the heart and liver.

The other side of 50 but not 60. Kids have left home (this can be good).

What sort of variables are you talking about? To me test is a basic. They give it to "really" old people and kids (though through the medical farternity). Then it comes down to what you personally think your body can handle.

Just like diet - all in moderation and keep a close eye on what's happening as you take it.

Interested to know what your goals are?

Look good in a tight tshirt :pfft:

Short term want to be in a nice shape to hit the Gold Coast next Jan. :nod:

Long term............

Basically gain some good quality muscle and maintain it to a certain level.

Maintain a good healthy lifestyle and diet.

Carry good muscle through the years to ensure good health.

Don't won't to wind up shuffling round the place through lack of exercise and poor diet. Plus continue to create good habits for the future.

Probably my only remaining vice would be a bit of wine or whiskey. Don't get me wrong I don't want to live like a saint (far too late for that) but to be habitual in what goes in doesn't reverse any of the hard work.

And we all know that takes a bit of work.

Which may lead to the question - why crossover?

I'm a hard gainer. Been going to gyms on and off since I was 18. Mainly just for good health. Didn't take the muscle building seriously till around 5 years ago. Never gave the juice a thought. Now I like what I see happening and appreciate I'm at the tail end of making any real serious gains.

So I'm gonna give it a go and see where it takes me after a couple cycles. Pretty good at keeping measurements so I'll keep you posted.

Thought I'd post up a few weights so I can track progress. Not gonna do whole weight sessions as it may get boring.

Not striving to be the strongest guy in the gym. I'm there to build muscle. But strength will come with shifting weights.

First workout back after 6 weeks. You definitely lose some strength when you've been out of it for a while. The rest was good though as I hadn't really had any time for for around 18 months.

Felt like a newbie.

Monday

Leg extensions

Leg press - 8 x 120, 8 x 200, 6 x 240, 4 x 280 (form dropping), 6 x 240, 8 x 200. (Lets see what it's like in a month).

Hack squats

Calves

Tuesday

Pec Dec

Dips - BW (gone backwards from having a 15 strapped on)

Incl Flys - 10 x 18, 10 x 20, 10 x 22, 10 x 24

Incl DB Curls - 10 x 12, 10 x 12, 8 x 16, 6 x 18

X Body Curls

what does your Mrs have to say about it>? :pfft:

oh and pec dec as first exercise??? please dont do that.

Yep - pec dec as a pre exhaust / warm up.

It went like this - we have a discussion, shes says no, I say yes. Marriage eh. :nod:

Outcome was "you'll do what you want anyway" :naughty: (bit harsh) but my promise is to monitor everything very closely. Should my health deteriorate or anything happens to cause a strain anywhere then I pull the plug. She does love me after all and would like me round for a bit longer. \:D/

Huge shock this morning. Went in for "spec" check pre cycle. BF is up to 28% :shock:

Knew it was up due to the layoff but that's massive. Cardio, clean eating and thermos for the last 10 days has managed to put my weight up to 87.25kg this morning as well.

So a new diet begins tomorrow.

Will begin on teste this weekend, will go 1ml twice per week.

But josh have you not heard about pre exhausting your pecs like leg extension pre exhaust :pfft:

pre exhaust so he can struggle at BW on dips, do some flys and call it a day??!

Sorry Old fella I dont often comment on a workout but this one looks paticularly bad. :S

Seriously Old fella i would recomend hiring a trainer to set you up with a good program if your going to do a cycle.

Good luck

But josh have you not heard about pre exhausting your pecs like leg extension pre exhaust :pfft:

pre exhaust so he can struggle at BW on dips, do some flys and call it a day??!

Sorry Old fella I dont often comment on a workout but this one looks paticularly bad. :S

Seriously Old fella i would recomend hiring a trainer to set you up with a good program if your going to do a cycle.

Good luck

Like I said earlier I'm not going to go into a whole lot of detail on workouts, just post up some weights so I / you can see the changes in strength.

Pec dec was only 3 warmup sets. Didn't go heavy at all.

Do have a traner by the way. And very experienced.

As an almost old fella interested to see your results.

How about a couple of before and after pics to help see if it really did/does help you.

Was hoping no-one would ask that. :roll: See how much time I've got on the weekend how and good my photoshop is. :pfft:

Should be a change as I'm crap at the moment. :nod:

i just want to know

if your an 'old fella' why is the main reason you want to use gear is just to look good?

im 20 and that would be an excuse a douchebag my age would use...

i really dont want to blow smoke up your ass but you gotta make sure your training and diet is very good before you start.

im about to start a cycle very soon...started out wanting to "look good" but already had experience in lifting but wanted to get serious this time round. was a skinny guy at 5'10 63kgs now im almost 90 kgs 1.5 years later.

i may have put on alot of weight up until now in a matter of time but that all means nothing when i consider my short term goals. squat x deadlift x OHP x bench x....bigger this body part or that...ive been getting bigger and stronger pretty consistently but the long term goal means nothing its more like an image. you cant get to that without short term goals and everything you accomplish short-term means nothing after its done.

when i begin my cycle im gunna train 6 days a week...currently training 4 days sometimes 5 depending on work roster. right now with one of the management members out for a month ill be working weekends and training twice a day on thursdays and fridays. more volume more intensity more frequency. expect to bump up the eating to 5000-5500 calories a day and drink 11-12L of water.

not only do you have to be ready but you have to have a plan to maximise the gains on your cycle.

look forward to hearing your plan.