Financially Subsidized team to Country of Origin (Australia) in October

Steve Orton

Lee Lynch

Kally Howlet

Lauren McLellen

Paula Signal

Karyn Kelly

Yoram Kalev

From the selected athletes, athletes who decide not to Travel to Australia will have there Travel Subsidy Donated to the Brest Caner Society in Memory of Nola Tonks who Passed away on Thursday 23rd of September.

Mike Debenham

This is a spectacular example of one man seriously giving a serious shit about NZ Bodybuilding (not NABBA/INBA/NZFBB/WFF but bodybuilding and bodybuilders), putting his time and energy into the sport....putting all politics aside and getting a real result for the athletes.

Then to put money into Breast Cancer awareness instead of his own well deserved pocket.

I'd invite anyone from any federation who has had negative things to say, particularly from an official level, about this show (and the CNI) and ask them to - using their own name - criticise Mikes work, the end result, and the charitable support.

Better yet, I'd invite ALL promotors and officials to make the same committment to the athlete funding and the community by matching Mikes effort.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol getting back to the show, sounds like you did a fine job MD awsome! and your protege steve orton is something else! brilliant a true champion in the making! very gifted genetically and must work his arse off, its great to see someone gifted giving 110% as it is normally the gifted ones who are lazy and its the ungifted ones who work hard when both are put togther this is the result, i look forward to 5 years down the track and seeing him on stage. and for the rest of us who thought we are doing well with our training and eating we must all stop kidding ourselves... lol

your protege steve orton is something else! brilliant a true champion in the making! very gifted genetically and must work his arse off, its great to see someone gifted giving 110% as it is normally the gifted ones who are lazy and its the ungifted ones who work hard when both are put togther this is the result, i look forward to 5 years down the track and seeing him on stage. and for the rest of us who thought we are doing well with our training and eating we must all stop kidding ourselves... lol

haha so true.. I feel so inferior now.

your protege steve orton is something else! brilliant a true champion in the making! very gifted genetically and must work his arse off, its great to see someone gifted giving 110% as it is normally the gifted ones who are lazy and its the ungifted ones who work hard when both are put togther this is the result, i look forward to 5 years down the track and seeing him on stage. and for the rest of us who thought we are doing well with our training and eating we must all stop kidding ourselves... lol

haha so true.. I feel so inferior now.

use it as a positive, an inspiration.

We had many great athletes compete in the weekend with some great battles

We had to rejudge no less than 3 classes at the night show!

The stand out classes from me were mens 70 to 80kg 4 fantastic bodies on show.

the classic mens wow. i wish this class was around when i started a great win by Lee Lynch and a big mention to Daniel Rowbotham in that class who placed 2nd its very hard to fill out a big frame like his and he has done that very well!

Womens Open Short bod figure. Lauren Mclellan and Paula Signal very very close infect a draw in the morning and 1 point in it in the evening, in the end taken out by Lauren but so close the judges felt it was only the right thing to do to offer both athletes Subsidies if they compete in Australia.

In the overall figure the ever smiling Karyn Kelly took out the top prize with her incredible shape.

As for Steve Orton this boy astounds me, obviously as his coach im a bit one eyed to his ability, but he looked terrific and i just got off the ph from one of his competitors in the overall who said it was an honor to compete against him, and loose! Stve had a lot of expectations place on him by people and it took its toll a little on him but in the last week he bought it all together and yesterday he was back in the gym like a man possessed!!

So well done Steve!

This is a spectacular example of one man seriously giving a serious shit about NZ Bodybuilding (not NABBA/INBA/NZFBB/WFF but bodybuilding and bodybuilders), putting his time and energy into the sport....putting all politics aside and getting a real result for the athletes.

Then to put money into Breast Cancer awareness instead of his own well deserved pocket.

I'd invite anyone from any federation who has had negative things to say, particularly from an official level, about this show (and the CNI) and ask them to - using their own name - criticise Mikes work, the end result, and the charitable support.

Better yet, I'd invite ALL promotors and officials to make the same committment to the athlete funding and the community by matching Mikes effort.

A BIG UPS to Kaye and Darryle at the CNI they have raised a number of thousand dollars at there show with one of the Ladies Shaving her head on stage now thats awesome!!!!!!

I certainly agree it was a wonderful event in Christchurch on Saturday - congratulations and a big thank you to Mike and his expert team of helpers for another top quality event!! :clap:

I always love competing in my home town, and it was nice to get on stage there again with my parents in the audience. Christchurch has been extremely fortunate in having (during my time in bodybuilding since 2001) Jean Scott and Mike Debenham as event organisers .. it's such a shame Mike is leaving NZ soon as it will be a huge loss for the sport - especially in the South Island. Hopefully you'll be back in the not too distant future, Mike? :pray:

It was also great to see Jean, Gary, Leanne, Mike and Jazz on the judging panel. Steve Orton looked amazing as always and thoroughly deserved the Overall title - likewise Lee Lynch was in top shape to take out a very competitive Classic Mens lineup and the Novice Men 70-80kg class was another standout with the guy who finished 4th in such good shape he probably would have won the class at most other events. A great line-up of ladies in all classes - and nice to see the judges taking the trouble to re-judge several of them at the night show to ensure the competitors got the fairest possible result.

The night was tinged with sadness due to the passing of Nola Tonks last Thursday - a much-loved and very respected member of the South Island bodybuilding community. The way she was remembered and honoured at the event was very poignant and dignified.

I would also like to give a big up's to Kaye and Darryle at the CNI show and raising thousand dollars at the show and I thought the photo of the ladies getting there head shaved which I saw on Go figure I thought that was very awesome and good on them for doing it for a good cause :clap: :clap: .

I certainly agree it was a wonderful event in Christchurch on Saturday - congratulations and a big thank you to Mike and his expert team of helpers for another top quality event!! :clap:

I always love competing in my home town, and it was nice to get on stage there again with my parents in the audience. Christchurch has been extremely fortunate in having (during my time in bodybuilding since 2001) Jean Scott and Mike Debenham as event organisers .. it's such a shame Mike is leaving NZ soon as it will be a huge loss for the sport - especially in the South Island. Hopefully you'll be back in the not too distant future, Mike? :pray:

It was also great to see Jean, Gary, Leanne, Mike and Jazz on the judging panel. Steve Orton looked amazing as always and thoroughly deserved the Overall title - likewise Lee Lynch was in top shape to take out a very competitive Classic Mens lineup and the Novice Men 70-80kg class was another standout with the guy who finished 4th in such good shape he probably would have won the class at most other events. A great line-up of ladies in all classes - and nice to see the judges taking the trouble to re-judge several of them at the night show to ensure the competitors got the fairest possible result.

The night was tinged with sadness due to the passing of Nola Tonks last Thursday - a much-loved and very respected member of the South Island bodybuilding community. The way she was remembered and honoured at the event was very poignant and dignified.

You didn't look too bad yourself Young Man :grin: Awesome routine as well. Deserved your win.

Thanks very much, musclenz - I had fun all day and it was nice to be in a good lineup on Saturday.

I had a word with the MC after my routine as he forgot to read out my compere sheet - apart from it mentioning what a great job Mike did with the show I also wanted him to note that my Mum and Dad were in the audience. At least after my prompting he did acknowledge them - my Mum (who is never shy) was happy to jump out of her seat to identify myself, while I'm sure my very conservative Dad was probably sinking into his seat saying to himself "what the hell is my 50 year old son doing prancing around like that with next to nothing on!!" :pfft:

South Island & Pro Formance Tauranga BB Championships Report:

Hi Everyone & Bodybuilding Followers.

On the 25th September 2010, The South Island BB Championship Promoted by Mike Debenham & The Po Formance CNI BB Championship in Tauranga Promote by Kaye O’Neill & Daryl Schumaker were held on the same weekend.

Both Championships were attended & contested by over 120 Competitors.

Both Events were sold out at the Finals with both Prejudging three quarter full.

Well done to Mike, Kaye & Daryl.

I had the privilege to judge at the Tauranga Event & it was great to see so many Competitors, Sponsors & Audiences supporting & getting behind Kaye & Daryl.

Based on the feedback I have, the South Island was also the same. It shows that when you have fantastic Promoters promoting BB events, to give & treat Athletes, Sponsors & the General Public what they deserve & with respect, they will show up in force.

I had a bit of time to speak to some Athletes, Sponsors & Audiences and they were all overwhelmed with Kaye & Daryl’s event.

I will now have some work cut out to repeat what these great Promoters did with their events.

South Island & Tauranga event gave out some fantastic prizes including athletes selected for trips to Australia.

I personally would like first & foremost thank Mike, Kaye & Daryl for their hard work, dedication & promoting such fantastic & most enjoyable BB Events to be associated with.

I would like to thank all the Athletes for getting behind, competed & in supporting these great Bodybuilding Event Promoters.

To all the Sponsors that help these three Promoters to host such unique BB Events, thank you all for your kindness & your sponsorships.

To the Audiences, what a great turnout to both Events. Thank you all for your support not only to your family & friends that competed but your show of appreciation to the Promoters & Sponsors.

Note!!

We will look forward the Harbour Fitness BB Event in Auckland 9th October at the Auckland Girls Grammar.

There will be more great prizes & trips on offer for the Athletes to Aussie.

Take care & wishing you all the very best.

Mark Stewart

Auckland Event Promoter.