IFBB SOUTH ISLAND BODYBUILDING FIGURE AND BIKINI CHAMPIONSHI

bigmd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IFBB AUSTRALASIAN/SOUTH PACIFIC

SOUTH ISLAND BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS

QUALIFIER FOR THE "COUNTRY OF ORIGIN" HELD AT THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS OCTOBER 23RD AND 24TH 2010 SYDNEY.

Saturday, September 25th, 2010

Aurora Centre, Burnside High School, Christchurch.

Categories:

Bodybuilding

Classic Men’s

Figure (IFBB/NPC)

Bikini "NEW"

Body Figure (Old Figure Class)

Women’s Fitness

Overalls

Entries

Pre Entry Registrations $30

Must be received to the organizer by Monday 20th September PO Box 3152, Christchurch

Late Entries $40

Friday 24th September 6pm to 6.30pm Gymeez Sports

ATHLETE Check in (All Athletes must attend)

Friday 24th September 6pm to 8pm.

NO SAT REGISTRATIONS OR CHECK IN

Contestant Briefing

10am.

Pre-judging:

11am start

Finals:

5.30pm start

Tickets: (available Late August)

Available at all Ticketek Outlets

Service fees will apply

Pre-judging: $15

Finals: $30

Pre-judging & Finals: $40

ON THE DOOR ON THE DAY

Information & Inquiries and Entries:

COMPETITOR RULES FOR BIKINI (NEW CLASS)

National and Regional level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding, Fitness or Figure at the same event. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with district chairperson approval.

Competitors will compete in a two-piece suit.

The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped.

No thongs are permitted.

Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit.

All swimsuits must be in good taste.

Competitors must wear high heels.

Competitors may wear jewelry.

COMPETITION JUDGING

Presentation

Competitors will walk onstage alone and perform their Model Walk (personal preference)

The Model Walk consists of the following:

Walk to the center of the stage, stop and do a front stance then a full turn and do a rear stance then turn to the front again in front of the judges and then proceed to the side of the stage.

Comparison Round, Two-Piece Swimsuit

Competitors will be judged wearing a two-piece swimsuit and heels.

The competitors will be brought out in a group and directed to do a full front and rear stance.

Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in half turns. (No side judging permitted, front and back only.)

Judges will be scoring competitors on the following items:

Balance and Shape

Overall physical appearance including complexion, skin tone, poise and overall presentation.

PROMOTOR: Mike Debenham 02188 5212 or email mike@debenhamfitness.co.nz or IFBBASP C/O PO Box 3152, Christchurch.

Just to clarify something, your calendar still shows http://www.nzfbb.org.nz as the website? I had thought it went to http://www.nzfbb.co.nz ? Both sites are live! :grin:

That's true, nate. I resigned from the NZFBB Exec a few weeks ago and I made an offer to the Exec last week for me to continue maintaining the .org.nz site (if they give me the access codes) and also to arrange for the .co.nz domain name to point to the original site - meaning both sites will be in sync.

Perhaps they (NZFBB) have someone else lined up to maintain the site - we'll wait and see.

Great to see you back organising the event, Mike! I'll be there to help out and I also plan to compete if all goes well with my training, health etc between now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

Did you attend the recent Chch NABBA/WFF show?

After the positive response to the one show format will NZFBB be considering a similar approach in the future? I know a number of feds use this in Aussie & it works well (Ultimate BBing Comp @ Ultimate Strongman Champs was brilliant - short, sharp, exciting).

Nate

• 2 months later...
Mike,

Did you attend the recent Chch NABBA/WFF show?

After the positive response to the one show format will NZFBB be considering a similar approach in the future? I know a number of feds use this in Aussie & it works well (Ultimate BBing Comp @ Ultimate Strongman Champs was brilliant - short, sharp, exciting).

Nate

Somebody has to be the first, you like to rock the boat so start rocking! :pfft:

NEWS FLASH

DUE TO THE MANY ONGOING DISRUPTIONS AND POOR MANAGEMENT OF THE NZFBB I HAVE CUT ALL TIES WITH THE NZFBB AND AM NOW RUNNING THE SOUTH ISLAND SHOW UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF IFBB AUSTRALASIA SOUTH PACIFIC.

THIS WILL MEAN THE SOUTH ISLAND EVENT IS NOW A QUALIFIER FOR THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS WHICH WILL INCLUDE AN "AUSTRALASIAN COUNTRY OF ORIGIN" CLASS.

THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS WILL BE HELD IN SYDNEY ON THE 23RD AND 24TH OF OCTOBER.

THIS DECISION HAS NOT COME LIGHTLY BUT HAS BEEN BOUGHT ON OVER TIME WITH MANY OF THE INCIDENCE THAT CURRENTLY PLAGE THE NZFBB

THESE INCIDENCE INCLUDE POOR TREATING OF MANY OF THE PAST NZFBB JUDGES, OFFICIALS, AND EVENT ORGANIZERS.

THE CONSTANT RULE CHANGES ON THE DAY OF EVENTS.

MAKING WOMEN BE SPRAY TANNED IN VEIW OF PUBLIC BY THE MALE EVENT ORGANIZER.

CHANGING OF DATES OF THE NZFBB NATIONALS AT LATE NOTICE.

INCLUSION OF JUDGES WHOM HAVE NOT ATTENDED OR PASSED ANY JUDGING TRAINING OR TESTING BUT WHOM ARE ASSOCIATES OF THE CURRENT NZFBB LEADERSHIP AND WHOM HAVE ALREADY BENEFITED FROM RULE CHANGES IMPLEMENTED BY THE CURRENT LEADERSHIP WITHOUT CONSULTATION.

THE COMPLETE BREAKDOWN OF ANY CONSTITUTION OF THE NZFBB AND THE DISSOLVEMENT OF ANY GOVERNING COMMITTEE TO INSURE IN THE DEALINGS WITH THE NZFBB AND ITS MEMBER AND DECISIONS MADE ARE FULLY TRANSPARENT.

THAT THE CURRENT LEADERSHIP HAS NOT, AS THEY AGREED, IMPLEMENTED AN AGM TO RECTIFY MANY OF THE ISSUES WITH THE NZFBB.

DISSATISFACTION AMONGST ATHLETES THAT THERE EFFORTS WILL BE REWARDED AND RECOGNIZED BY BEING SHOWEN RESPECT WITH WELL RUN AND APPROPRIATE SHOWS.

I LOOK FORWARD TO RUNNING A GREAT SHOW ONCE AGAIN IN THE SOUTH ISLAND THAT WIL THEN GIVE QUALIFIED ATHLETES TO GO ON AND BE JUDGES IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT IS FAIR AND JUST

REGARDS MIKE DEBENHAM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One week to go and to this point just on 40 registered athletes which is great. i still have a number of entries that i know are on there way and id say there would be a few de carbed athletes who will get to thursday and go "oh i forgot" so expecting a few late entries.