My diet

bob26

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BOB if theres ever a world wide famine guess who's joining you for dinner! :?

Have you tried the meat at butchers block in Silverdale...some really good cuts there IMO...of course price is another issue...but well done on the purchase looks to be one hell of a stir fry!! :D

there already is a world wide famine, but us bodybuilders are too selfish to care about the excesses of food consumption :lol:

that's a solid amount of chicken, Bob! how much did it cost?

the checkout person must have given you a strange look :wink:

*liked*

Have you tried the meat at butchers block in Silverdale...some really good cuts there IMO...of course price is another issue...but well done on the purchase looks to be one hell of a stir fry!! :D

these cuts were a lil ruff but i trimmed them up real nice so there was no fatty bits on it, MY DOG is very happy about this :lol:

i think out of the 25kg i bought i ended up with about 1kg of chicken / fatty bits for him.

there already is a world wide famine, but us bodybuilders are too selfish to care about the excesses of food consumption :lol:

that's a solid amount of chicken, Bob! how much did it cost?

the checkout person must have given you a strange look :wink:

*liked*

yeah man 25kg total approx so around $270, but i mean sometimes when we get stuck without chicken we end up paying $23.99 a kg for boneless skinless @ foodtown close to home. so under half price in the long run.

Freezer is fully stocked now, cause i did the same a few weeks ago with rump steak when they had it for $8.98 a kg, was really nice too..

& bought 10 bags of 1kg frozen hoki a few weeks ago aswell when it was $9.95 a bag.

No excuses now to eat bad food :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys it was that time again today so went and got measurements done.

I will start with my previous results so any one reading this for the first time gets the picture of how things are going :wink:

15/04/2010 98.3kg at 24.8% BF (lean Body Mass 73.9kg & 24.4kg FAT)

13/05/2010 95.2 kg at 23.1% BF (Lean Body Mass 73.2kg & 22kg FAT)

10/06/2010 90.7 kg at 19.6% BF (Lean Body Mass 72.9kg & 17.8kg FAT)

& tonight 13/07/2010 :toilet:

87.4kg at 17.1% BF (Lean Body Mass 72.5kg & 14.9kg FAT) 8)

really happy with these results, moving in the right direction at a reasonable pace.

goals are to get to 10% BF as fast as possilbe without losing to much Lean Body Mass in the process.

The diet that i have been eating for the last 8 weeks is approx 2800 calories a day.. i am dropping this two approx 2550 a day for next 4 weeks to see how i go with results. It is a little higher in protein per day & i am cutting out simple sugars in the morning (v8 juice with breafast sorta thing).

So over the course of 1 week i will be eating 1600 calories less than i was but a extra 76.5g of extra protein to help with the loss of muscle.

I would like to thank Alymer Porter (Human Performance) my PT from Club Phsyical in Albany for all of his advice / training program.

Also cheers to Damian (Steak) at Coast Bar Bell for setting up a awesome club to train at, also his advice & help training.

Just gotta keep trucking along now and get this mission complete :pfft:

• 3 weeks later...
Shit better thank the fiance for preparing 60 meals a week as well... :shock:

haha, yea seeing that pile of chicken would have been daunting as hell!

awesome progress man :clap:

have u noticed any loss of strength in the gym?

yeah definatly, when i was up @ 102kg i wass still training 4 days a week but only weights and i could do 200kg deadlift for 1 rep max. Now it is harder to do 160kg for 1 rep. Still just push as hard as i can though (staying between 8 - 12 reps), not doing low weight high rep crap :lol: .

15/04/2010 98.3kg at 24.8% BF (lean Body Mass 73.9kg & 24.4kg FAT)

13/05/2010 95.2 kg at 23.1% BF (Lean Body Mass 73.2kg & 22kg FAT)

10/06/2010 90.7 kg at 19.6% BF (Lean Body Mass 72.9kg & 17.8kg FAT)

13/07/2010 87.4kg at 17.1% BF (Lean Body Mass 72.5kg & 14.9kg FAT)

12/08/2010 83.1kg at 15.0% BF (Lean Body Mass 70.64kg & 12.46kg FAT)

So that means over the last month i have lost Approx 1.86kg of LBM & 2.44kg of FAT :nod: .

Really happy with these results how ever i would like to hold onto my Lean Body Mass a little more than what i am as i would get a bigger change in %. Any advice here guys would be much appreciated. :roll:

awesome bob

the 1.8kg lean mass you have lost is most likely internal body fat from around your internal organs. The skinfold test represents subcutanous fat under the skin. It doesn't represent fat loss from inside your abdominal wall. If your waist has lost cm's then the its likely to be internal fat.

Your protein intake and frequency and workout carbs will prevent muscle wastage. You will only lose muscle if you train lighter or over-train or back off on your protein.

I've skin fold tested guys who measure just 8mm thickness on the waist yet have a 115cm waist and weigh 130kg (no bull!) With these guys, all their abdominal fat is internal. When they lose weight it shows up as a loss of muscle yet you get significant cm reduction in waist.

You wont be losing muscle in reality, only on paper due to a short coming of calliper testing. See you at 10%

Good work man, excellent effort.

cheers man (i am following your log also doing well there old fella :wink: )

Great stuff, Bob! A 10% drop in 4 months is fantastic. I hope you've been taking piccies!

Hungry, I never realised that internal fat storage could change so dramatically - I'd always thought any fat stored there was more or less static. Guess I just learnt something. :)

Cheers dude, yeah i took some picks @ 19.6% & @ 17.1% anything prior to that was too embarrassing :lol: I am going to take some more tonight & put them up to track it and to keep me on track.

Nice work keep it up :clap: :clap:

cheers man

awesome bob

the 1.8kg lean mass you have lost is most likely internal body fat from around your internal organs. The skinfold test represents subcutanous fat under the skin. It doesn't represent fat loss from inside your abdominal wall. If your waist has lost cm's then the its likely to be internal fat.

Your protein intake and frequency and workout carbs will prevent muscle wastage. You will only lose muscle if you train lighter or over-train or back off on your protein.

I've skin fold tested guys who measure just 8mm thickness on the waist yet have a 115cm waist and weigh 130kg (no bull!) With these guys, all their abdominal fat is internal. When they lose weight it shows up as a loss of muscle yet you get significant cm reduction in waist.

You wont be losing muscle in reality, only on paper due to a short coming of calliper testing. See you at 10%

Ahh okay, i had never thought of that side of things, lucky i have had my measurements done aswell. What you have just said makes perfect sense because one thing that blew my mind was the drop that i got in waist size in particular this 4 weeks. When i got measured at 17.1% i was 38". When i got measured last night @ 15.0% i was 35.5". So 2.5" Drop in 4 and a Half weeks. My Bicep measurement on the other hand was 15" @ 17.1% bodyfat and was 15" Last night @ 15.0%. Ah and also the measurement around my shoulders was exactly the same as the previous measurements.

Thanks heaps for mentioning that (i was starting to wonder what i needed to change diet wise) but now i am thinking i might just stay on the same track \:D/