My diet

bob26

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gymsta, it's generally crab consumption you would worry about when going bed time, not fat. Steak is a great final meal imo, due to the slow digestion rate, hence staying anabolic wile sleeping.

Crabs make you fat? :shock:

yes.. Crab meat is fine, but the STD will have a negative effect on your body composition.

feel free to give your advice but don't go round bagging people's opinions like you always do. all i was saying is that if he's trying to lose fat maybe he should consider eating the steak before exercising rather than an couple hours before he goes to bed

And yet you have absolutely no factual information to back it up...i.e. youre just talking out of your arse.

Why not just correct him, then both the author of the topic and the person your trying to be-little will have learnt.

What a Douche bag lol

yeah great advice comming from the parnell panther once again, teach what you preach =P~

I've trained with parnelpanther before, he's weak as hell. His best bench lift is 80kg for 6 reps. :shock: :clap:

interesting, because in one post he was talking about himself weighing in at 90kgs can out lify the big boys weighing in at 140kgs, what was it he called them..... oh 90kgs with 50ks baggage :^o

You guys are in your own little world, 3 hours in the gym wanting to be 140kg, 140kg for what.... I know guys 90kg who are stronger than you. do your body a favour and re assess your training. I know it all sounds wonderful on paper but you prob dont look very impressive

"parnell panther"

Safe to assume he isn't one of the 90kg guys hes talking about above huh :pfft: :naughty:

and just like that my thread was hi jacked, lol :clap:

any ideas on pre / post workout meals? rather than having a shake.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

whilist i was having a 40g shake with water the other day pre workout my friend that goes to the same gym was having a feed of smoked fish cooked in coconut cream mixed with a bit of rice...

so jealous, haha. but what do the rest of you out there do??

yeah sorry dude, i usally have a shake, banana and muesli bar post work out before i get home or to work to have a meal (usually tuna or chicken chop chop) pre work out not really taking anything at the moment bowl of oats and toast, thinking of trying a pre work ous supp like super pump or jak3d \:D/

ah okay. haven't tried jack3d, superpump 250 was really good the first few times i tried it but seemed to build up a tolerance to it really fast.. definatley made me feel like being at the gym though even on a day where i didn't feel like going.

cheers for the info though 8)

:)

Oops! so easily the threads go on a tangent huh?

I eat steak and potatoes postworkout. Any kind of meat/carb combo would do, they are good recovery food.

:)

Oops! so easily the threads go on a tangent huh?

I eat steak and potatoes postworkout. Any kind of meat/carb combo would do, they are good recovery food.

do you worry about taking any glutamine ?

Personally like Creatine, Leucine, HMB around training times and I don't take L-glut (but thats more because I'm a Layne Norton fan haha)

I also have glucose pwo but a third the amount, with water and whey. Wouldn't have any fruit around training time either because it's the wrong type of sugar.

I also don't have fish caps when eating my fat meals and have a split of CLA and fish caps.

I think the issue with steak to late in the day is not that it is a source of fat but that it can have a lot of cals. Obviously you are more anabolic when you are asleep which is a double edged sword. Yes you are going to heal more muscle, but you are also going to replenish more fat cells if you aren't careful. and being that you are focusing on losing fat rather than gaining muscle it can be a detriment. The more important factor with this tho is your genetics/persoal factors; I don't know when you sleep, your body type, your insulin sensitivity or how your body deals with fat sources compared to carbs.. so to say you shouldn't have steak at 8pm is as silly as saying you should.

i know it seems like a no brainer if i am trying to lose fat to ditch the steak and just have fish every night but i am just going to keep going like this for the next couple of weeks anyway untill i go and get my measurements / bodyfat re checked & atleast then i still have more room to move with the diet ay.

Cheers for your comments though guys.

:clap:

oh know !!!!!!!!!!!! i just ripped into my evening meal which was 200g of cottage cheese as per usual , umm it tasted a little bit creamier than usual... i went and checked the packet and we have bought the 3 tubs of lite cottage cheese and 1 tub of normal..... :shock:

glad i didn't quite finish the cup of it off, looks like the puppy is going to get dog biscuits with cottage cheese on top for dinner tonight, lucky him... :!:

ah well back on track tomorrow.