newb cardio

michael581

hey guys ive been pumping weights and bulking for nearly 6 months now and i think its about time i need to cut and was wondering if you guys can give me advice on how to approah cardio slowly... i get puffed out doing 10min of jogging :shock:

i hadnt done any cardio this year at all, and have been bulking like hell. i just started to do cardio 40min fast walk on the treadmill seems to be ok so far. remember you dont want to take it too fast

hey guys ive been pumping weights and bulking for nearly 6 months now and i think its about time i need to cut and was wondering if you guys can give me advice on how to approah cardio slowly... i get puffed out doing 10min of jogging :shock:

i hadnt done any cardio this year at all, and have been bulking like hell. i just started to do cardio 40min fast walk on the treadmill seems to be ok so far. remember you dont want to take it too fast

Just take it nice and slow at the start, 20 mins of walking if you cant jog. You want to be doing 20 mins at the least to burn fat.

• 8 months later...

old topic I know, but does it do any damage to potential growth if you lift and then do cardio straight after? Say a 4k run?

I know u are meant to do cardio early in the day before eating, but it isnt possible with time constraints. so...thoughts on a 5 day split with cardio on 4 of those days, vs say 4 days split and cardio only on the other 3 days??

Start slow.. I would start with twice a week sessions and watch my body.

If I started dropping off a whole lot of weight quickly, its pretty obvious I am loosing muscle and I would tone it back.

I think it is cardio dependant,, if you were to go for a 40 min run after weights then by the end off it you would be in a pretty catabolic situation.

However I dont see any harm with 10 - 20 mins off cardio about thrice a week after weights, provided u have top notch pre and post workout nutirtion.

Then again I aint a bb'er, so take my advice with lots of caution.

Start slow.. I would start with twice a week sessions and watch my body.

If I started dropping off a whole lot of weight quickly, its pretty obvious I am loosing muscle and I would tone it back.

I think it is cardio dependant,, if you were to go for a 40 min run after weights then by the end off it you would be in a pretty catabolic situation.

However I dont see any harm with 10 - 20 mins off cardio about thrice a week after weights, provided u have top notch pre and post workout nutirtion.

Then again I aint a bb'er, so take my advice with lots of caution.

I agree with this, for me I do 40-50 mins cardio after weight twice a week after doing weights though I have a rest of 20 mins or so long enough to get post workout nutrition in and sometimes an energy drink or something similar, I just jog very slowly, though I dont do this after doing legs.

Take things slowly at first and see what works for you and adjust it from there. I would aim for the 4km to do in around 25 mins nice steady pace, find out what works for you

on leg days i do 10mins on the bike pre workout and 15 mins post workout (to warm up legs and afterwards because i find they are less sore the next day if i do biking/walking straight after.

if i do cardio straight after a workout id just take a protein shake and tht would last me for the 20mins cardio and 15 mins to get home and start eating.

thats what I was trying to get at- anabolic vs Catabolic state.

I have already managed a 15kg drop this year, and I am just trying to balance now between some toning & growth vs getting rid of the remaining belly which has plateu'd, never going to do comps or anything like that.

From what I have heard, that last bit of fat is very stubborn and cardio alone will not kill it.. really watching your diet and some supplements may do the trick.

Ask 2 guns, looks like that lucky bugger can stay lean all year round.. the last time i saw my abs I was 7 years old :lol: