cheapest and most effective brand

shannon

2.25kgs........... $70

5kgs................$90

:pfft: :pfft:

Not sure where you will get the pure protein for $70, but the muscle fuel is a mass gainer, I guess $90 is still really good for 5Kg

hey hennie just ordered some Bcaa's from you and asked for a protein sample of them nutra whey's ,been on some bad tasting crap for the last 3 months (all max nutrition's allwhey and red 8 whey ,horrible is an understatement)so hoping to buy some great tasting protein next!

Sounds great, I am confident that you will be impressed.

2.25kgs........... $70

5kgs................$90

:pfft: :pfft:

5KG for $90 where?

In England mate, have a look at this site http://www.myprotein.co.uk I get a lot of stuff off these guys. The prices will really depress you. :lol:

i.e. 5 kilos whey concentrate £34.95 approx $74.00 NZ

Just did a trip back to NZ and only had like one set of clothes to wear as I had 20 kilos of protein powder in my pack for a bro in Tauranga. :pfft:

Unfortunately you guys in NZ pay a premium price for a lot of stuff associated with bodybuilding. Even items like tins of tuna, eggs, w/m bread are more expensive in NZ.

However in saying that I do miss things like spearfishing at Mayor Island and pig hunting in Te Urewera so NZ still a pretty cool place. :)

hey hennie just ordered some Bcaa's from you and asked for a protein sample of them nutra whey's ,been on some bad tasting crap for the last 3 months (all max nutrition's allwhey and red 8 whey ,horrible is an understatement)so hoping to buy some great tasting protein next!

Yeah that Red 8 whey taste like complete shi*, had to mix milo into it even though it was chocolate flavour just to make it semi-drinkable

Who cares about brand or flavour, find the cheapest whey you can. It's bodybuilding, not fine dining, it all does the same thing

yes but why I suffer when there are great tasting proteins out there?

BTW just recived my bcaa's and samples hennie,super thanks bro!

They asked for the cheapest and most effective. Bodybuilding is expensive if you want to be the best you can at it. After protein, gym membership, maybe paying someone to guide you, all your other supplements, healthy expensive foods, deep tissue massage it just makes more sense to go for the cheaper option. Unless your loaded then go for it, I just think it's money better served in other areas for bodybuilding. Not to mention when it comes diet time you have to suffer to succeed ;) I would of assumed if the OP wanted a great tasting protein too it would of been titled "cheapest, most effective and tastiest brand because otherwise I won't have my shakes like a good boy"

Who cares about brand or flavour, find the cheapest whey you can. It's bodybuilding, not fine dining, it all does the same thing

yes but why I suffer when there are great tasting proteins out there?

BTW just recived my bcaa's and samples hennie,super thanks bro!

They asked for the cheapest and most effective. Bodybuilding is expensive if you want to be the best you can at it. After protein, gym membership, maybe paying someone to guide you, all your other supplements, healthy expensive foods, deep tissue massage it just makes more sense to go for the cheaper option. Unless your loaded then go for it, I just think it's money better served in other areas for bodybuilding. Not to mention when it comes diet time you have to suffer to succeed ;) I would of assumed if the OP wanted a great tasting protein too it would of been titled "cheapest, most effective and tastiest brand because otherwise I won't have my shakes like a good boy"

good point!but there are some fairly cheap brands with good protein that taste awesome,Like PVL whey maxx,awesome stuff for a good price,I mean it doesnt have to taste awesome,it should be easy to gulp down in my book,and I have had the most synthetic tasting crap in these last 2 months,horrible shit!Plus after my back workout I am already nausea's last thing i need is lousy tasting shit in my shaker.

worst tasting proteins in my book from top to bottom

lot of cheap proteins out there with great tastes,those nutra tech whey samples that hennie sent taste preety darn good!And that is probably the cheapest I have seen protein plus you know it's quality coz it's NZ protein!

red 8 chocolate

la muscle any flavour (talk about a ridiculously overpriced lame products atleast muscletech make their labels look kickarse lol)

all max whey vanilla

I drink all my shakes only with water,stopped drinking milk a while back made me all pudgy!

I would be carefull of the brand USN,its got a crap load of sugar. Thats why its so cheap. As a south african and former professional rugby player i used this product and my bodyfat shot throught the roof when i used this. For someone who was burning an excess of 10000 cals a day that was not a good sign. I then stopped and switched to muscletech, but that was then though.

I know someone that tested their product in SA back years ago and found out the sugar content was very high and some of their other products had some illegal stuff in it. I was on Athletics commitee in Joburg few years back and some atletes tested positive for some reason while using a creatine or something silly like that. They might have cleaned up their act by now but still be very carefull. USN had a ZMA product back then that was extremely potent and worked wonders. But that was about it.

I would be carefull of the brand USN,its got a crap load of sugar. Thats why its so cheap.

2.2g of Carbs (of which sugar) 1.2g per, 56g serving...........

Doesn't seem like that much sugar to me.... :?

Cheap tho'................. :grin:

USN can be quite a pain in the ass if you're keen to sell supplements in South Africa, reason being cause they are so successful, yes there are heaps of sugar but that is in their Muscle Fuel and mass gainers, other mass gainers use malto which isn't necessarily any better. There are a few stories going around in SA about USN not being good, IMO a lot is based on jealously due to them turning around $6000000NZ in sales per month, there was a comparative purity test done by one of the international leaders in the protein market (2007), while everyone else was hoping that the outcome would be bad for USN it came out that the difference between the label and the content was around 4% where the international leader was around 7%, unfortunately USN came out tops, every second international distributor claimed at some stage that they were taking USN down, but unfortunately USN always have their act together. They are a bitter pill to swallow if you wan't to make a name in SA in the supplement industry but they have their act together, IMO there is no other company that has built the sport of bodybuilding as much as USN in all of Africa.

True dat Hennie. They were bad though and im talking 7-10 years ago. I thought that they might have cleaned up their act. As you will remember, USN Started in SA where MuscleTech and Twinlab to name a few was exceptionally dominant back then and one way or the other USN had to make a name for them self against those big companies.

And you know as well as i do some of those fellas will do what ever is necessary. Like i said, the good old days.

Unfortunately not all labels are true. But like i said this happened few years back before rules got strickter on the labels and what it represents and they might have cleaned up a little.

I'm in the UK mate, we're regulated to fuk by the EEC....

If it aint what it says on the lable, you ain't selling it....

:?

post-7412-14166821479288_thumb.jpg