[Assistance Needed] Compare Items

slimgavin

Im fairly new to this.

I need some help in telling the Exact diff between these two items.

As to my knowledge, its the combination of the two. That helps build, maintain and recover. Am i right ?

Item 1 > Nutrabolics - IsoGainer

http://www.nutrabolics.com/products/isogainer.html

Item 2 > Horleys - Ripped

http://www.horleys.co.nz/ViewProduct.aspx?id=15

Only had a quick look BUT

The Isogainer appears to be a mass gainer: Higher in Carbs and Cals with a much larger serving size (it will run out quicker)

Ripped factor is much lower in carbs ect.

Use the ripped factors if you are dieting and don't want the carbs and use isogainer if you wont a mass gainer.

Personally I think your wasting your money on both of them there are much cheaper sources of protein out there for a 1/3 the price. Check out http://www.bodybuilding.co.nz/. Try some Nutratech Whey in replacement of the Ripped factors or Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey if you want to spend more. Replace the Isogainer with something like Mutant Mass or BSN True Mass.

Good luck

My aim is to get lean and build up. Iv been using horleys Ripped for over 4 years. Now that in better shape. I want to build and tone up.

So Isogainer. Isn't a good idea then. With the High cal's.

Thanks guys.

Will look into Mutant Mass or BSN.

My aim is to get lean and build up. Iv been using horleys Ripped for over 4 years. Now that in better shape. I want to build and tone up.

So Isogainer. Isn't a good idea then. With the High cal's.

Thanks guys.

Will look into at the Mutant Mass or BSN.

Mutant mass is also, as the name implies, a "ass builder" just like IsoGainer, it's 1050 cals and 170g nett carbs per serve.

Which BSN product were you looking at - Syntha-6 (14g carbs/ serve) , True-mass (76g carbs/ serve) or Lean Dessert (7g carbs) ?.

[teamfatboy]

Im not sure. Havent checked it out yet. But in the mean time i will stick to Ripped by Horleys and, as suggested im lookin into a cheaper alternative.

(NutraTech or UNIVERSAL Ultra Whey Pro)

Ultra Whey Pro -> http://universalsportvoeding.nl/shop/product_info.php/products_id/103

PS[Just Saying: Im paying RM750 = AUD$250 for 3Kg Ripped by Horleys.]

For a low-carb, low-cal protein, that Ultra-Whey Pro isn't too bad.

Sounds like you've limited choices where you are - and over $NZD 300 for three kg is a helluva lot of money!

A lot of folks in NZL have used Bodybuilding.com - their website is apparently quite helpful in showing what they can ship where, and their prices are apparently competitive.

Oh, and coming back to the point - if you want to gain mass, and tone, the two goals are not necessarily completely compatible, and both rely on an otherwise clean diet for success. So, helping you decide whether you want low-carb or mass-gain protein, it kinda depends on how your diet is otherwise.

[teamfatboy]

Will check out Bodybuilding.com.

Im currently munchin down about

(6-8 egg whites(2yolks)/meal) x 5-6 Meals/day.

++ Vegetables(brocs, carrots...)

If its not that, its lean beef, chicken, tuna, salmon, and the shakes in between.

I am assuming this would suffice ?

[teamfatboy]

Will check out Bodybuilding.com. 8)

Im currently munchin down about (6-8 egg whites(2yolks)/meal) x 5-6 Meals/day. ++ Vegetables(brocs, carrots...)

If its not that, its lean beef, chicken, tuna, salmon, and the shakes in between.

I am assuming this plan would suffice ? :shifty:

Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate your opinions. :D

you say you area fairly new to this yet have used horleys ripped for 4 years :? that dosnt make sense...

anyway. dont worry about brands. if your after a nice lean protein just get something with 80-85% whey protein powder in it. with have little carbs and shouldnt cost more than $40 a kg

[Luigi]

Fairly new, as in im getting deeper into it. Cause my previous trainer, introduced me to protein shakes. So i went around looking for shakes, i found horleys and i bought it. Furthermore, he said to me that horleys was okay to good. So i stuck :nod: to it, till now. :D

TeamFatBoy pointed out that Universal Pro Whey was fairly good. i am probably going for that. :D

Um.... I've never actually tried that Ultra-whey, what I said was that it's comparatively low-carb compared to those mass-gainer protein powders you were looking at.

It all depends on what you're trying to do, and how good your total diet is. If you want to bulk up, a mass-gainer will do it, but you'll run a real chance of increasing bodyfat at the same time.

Any protein powder is a good "supplement" to a clean diet made up of whole foods, for those occasions where unwrapping a hefty piece of chicken is too much hassle.

Has your trainer actually looked at whether your current diet (in terms of protein, carbs, fats, ratios and quantities) is actually going to deliver the goods for you?