Altitude Simulation

drizzt

Was just wondering if anybody had tried this before?

I'm thinking of popping in to have a look at the one on Lambton Quay, as I've heard some good things about it - but they are mainly through advertising and the like, so I'm keen to hear some honest opinions on it :) If it is as good as they say it is, I'll be interested in it as it'll certainly help with Rugby on top of everything else I'm doing :nod:

Ah cool, thanks mate. I did have a hunch that they'd be a bit on the expensive side due to not listing any prices on their website, and when I asked about prices via email they were quite keen to get me in for a consultation to "discuss" it :roll: :pfft:

Do you have any sort of ballpark figure as to what I can expect? I may take them up on the consult anyway, just to see what it's all about.

you can get them on trade-me occasionally, my mate got one for his cycling.

Floyd Landis built his own one and had it sitting in house and used it before the Tour de France, thats what he claims he used, not anything illegal like it was protrayed in the news. Saw that on "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" movie.

thats the clip, also has a bit about blood doping and Erythropoeitin which both give similar effects to using these chambers.

Spoke to my friend, she cant remember the exact cost, she thinks somthing like $35 a fortnite over six months or a year depending on how long you sign up for.

Oh ok, that sounds a bit more reasonable. I might just go to the consult and find out more. Will have to be strong and remember not to get sucked in :pfft:

you can get them on trade-me occasionally, my mate got one for his cycling.

Floyd Landis built his own one and had it sitting in house and used it before the Tour de France, thats what he claims he used, not anything illegal like it was protrayed in the news. Saw that on "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" movie.

thats the clip, also has a bit about blood doping and Erythropoeitin which both give similar effects to using these chambers.

Cheers man, owning/hiring one isn't something I'm seriously considering, but they do list it as an option on the website, and it would be handy... I guess I'll keep an open mind here, but I'll find out what the deal is on the consult.

Will have to watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger too, as I've been hearing a lot about it :think:

Just for kicks, I enquired about the cost of landing one of these machines from Oz. I thought, heck, if it's cheap enough I could pimp it out to people/sports teams to recoup the costs.

Turns out it'll be roughly AUD $7500 (shipped) - and then I guess whatever charges customs want to throw on top (I'd assume GST at the very least). Just a tad more than I expected :pfft: but at least I know now.

Hey, just one lottery win away from it :P

Heh, are you one of those people that gets sucked into donating to charities as well?

Ha, nah, I will donate willingly on occasion, but I don't get sucked in by the street walkers/door knockers that approach you. They just make me angry :P

Are you doing enough training or are you looking for an easy fix? Altitude training is used by those who are already superbly fit and looking for a small edge.

If you are not training to your optimum it would be cheaper and more effective to train a little harder. As Team Fatboy said if you were not aerobically fit already you would be wasting your money.

Are you doing enough training or are you looking for an easy fix? Altitude training is used by those who are already superbly fit and looking for a small edge

Errr... Yep, I'm at what is probably the most aerobically fit point of my life. Thanks for the input :)