Cannabis-users-different-from-true-drug-cheat

if anything id prefer that the guys i was competing with were lazy stoners.

lol.

i think the cannabis drug debate should be sport specific.

ie. sports which require high physical performance shouldn't really be phased by weed use, whereas sports like archery, darts, or the likes which require concentration and calm relaxed physical state should introduce an anti cannabis ruling.

or something like that, if ya get what i mean lol

This debate occurs realitively frequently, WADA have justified the inclusion of cannabinoids on the banned list under a clause "not in the spirit of sport", which to many is a bit weak given the emphasis is on eliminating performance enhancing drugs.

I can understand excluding cannabis (and other performance impairing substances) in safety sensitive sports (i.e. motorsports, shooting, maybe PLing etc) but as a blanket ban seems a little out of context. As PT says I'd be more relaxed competing against a 'wake n bake' kid than a guy on 2K of test, GH & and handful of stimulants! :grin:

The number of bans for cannabis offences in NZL is fairly high (check out the Sports Tribunal site) and I know some sports organisations have questioned it's validity. Either way the debate doesn't concern me as I get tested at work! :grin:

This debate occurs realitively frequently, WADA have justified the inclusion of cannabinoids on the banned list under a clause "not in the spirit of sport", which to many is a bit weak given the emphasis is on eliminating performance enhancing drugs.

I can understand excluding cannabis (and other performance impairing substances) in safety sensitive sports (i.e. motorsports, shooting, maybe PLing etc) but as a blanket ban seems a little out of context. As PT says I'd be more relaxed competing against a 'wake n bake' kid than a guy on 2K of test, GH & and handful of stimulants! :grin:

The number of bans for cannabis offences in NZL is fairly high (check out the Sports Tribunal site) and I know some sports organisations have questioned it's validity. Either way the debate doesn't concern me as I get tested at work! :grin:

Just as long as kava is legal eh?

Just as long as kava is legal eh?

LOL only outside of competition! I'm joking, I don't know! However given Alcohol is banned in competition I wouldn't be surprised (from a safety POV).

Imagine the chaos if OCT started targeting Alcohol! :pfft: