• ISO-100 (Dymatize)
    • Whey Protein (Optimum Nutrition)
    • 100% Whey (Eat Me)
    • Other "Please Say"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its good to add a protien shake or two in to your day,if you want more protien. :grin:

my 2 cents

chances are that protein will end up in the toilet if you're already getting sufficient protein in your diet

Excess protein is converted into energy I thought? Isn't that the reason you bump up your protein intake while cutting? To compensate for the loss of cals from the reduction in carbs/fats? Wish I still remembered my 7th form Biology...

A question I'm more interested in knowing is what is the bio-availability of the protein in the powder you are using? I thought perhaps the cost of the protein was a reflection of how 'effective' the protein was but I'm not sure. I think I read somewhere it had something to do with how it was heated. Also that you will find yourself farting/shitting more if your having a lot of it and it's not being absorbed well. My memory is a bit hazy though... Something to think about anyway.

None. I eat food.

Uhm.. I think we all eat food :P hehe

Well duh, instead of protein powder I meant, heh :roll: :P That is, when you might have a protein shake, I'll eat food. Clear now? :grin:

Levrone rarely has shakes but he's the only top bber I know of who does. Solid foods take longer to digest and release nutrients from I would have thought and considering there's not a big window to get the protein and carbs into you following a workout it seems a little retarded to me. To each there own I guess :shrug:

Levrone rarely has shakes but he's the only top bber I know of who does. Solid foods take longer to digest and release nutrients from I would have thought and considering there's not a big window to get the protein and carbs into you following a workout it seems a little retarded to me. To each there own I guess

1) I'm not a bodybuilder

2) I'm female - insulin spikes and all that shit aren't really relevant and are in fact not what I want

3) I find that post workout meal digests fast. If digestion speed concerns you, there are ways to manipulate it using food. You don't need a protein shake to achieve the same or better results.

4) In the larger scheme of things I really don't feel it matters and think it seems a little retarded to follow conventional wisdom just coz it's what's done.

Bust my jaw, neck and hammered my rotator cuff yesterday. Cheek is pretty with a nice lip. Can't chew a f'n thing so shakes it has been. Can't wait to eat again! Might get through some noodle/tuna soup shortly. I am envious of Roses steak chewing ability.

No, I wasn't in a fight. Typing with your left hand is slow and painful, don't f#$k your shoulders!!!

Levrone rarely has shakes but he's the only top bber I know of who does. Solid foods take longer to digest and release nutrients from I would have thought and considering there's not a big window to get the protein and carbs into you following a workout it seems a little retarded to me. To each there own I guess

1) I'm not a bodybuilder

2) I'm female - insulin spikes and all that shit aren't really relevant and are in fact not what I want

3) I find that post workout meal digests fast. If digestion speed concerns you, there are ways to manipulate it using food. You don't need a protein shake to achieve the same or better results.

4) In the larger scheme of things I really don't feel it matters and think it seems a little retarded to follow conventional wisdom just coz it's what's done.

I'm familiar with the use of enzymes to speed up digestion... but isn't it easier just to take a shake? I'm not following it 'just because it's what's done', I think I just said why it was done :?. I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, I actually gave an example of a top bber who interestingly isn't a massive fan of shakes...

Chill-Pill.png

Take one.

don't f#$k your shoulders!!!

Heh, it's one of the reasons I stopped fighting, shoulders are mucho importento! Hope it gets better soon. What happened to you sir?

Playing that f'n 'gentleman's' game. How you ask? A running dive to catch a ball and collision with a moving shin. Knocked me out. But the lard ass dropped down on top of me while I was out with my shoulder folded under me. Should be ok in a bit just puts the stoppers on the gym. Just came off a week break and was keen to get back into it. I'm pissed! :evil:

Take one.

Heh, don't get hissy because I opted to respond and explain my position, this is a forum. Maybe you should take one of them there pills yourself or learn how to distinguish responses from attacks or whatever.

I wanted you to respond, it just seemed like you took a facetious remark I made about being retarded quite seriously. Hmmm, "don't get hissy because I opted to respond and explain my position, this is a forum", is in essence what I said to you above. I suppose I should have known the chill pill call would make you even more upset but I couldn't resist :huh: .

I wanted you to respond, it just seemed like you took a facetious remark I made about being retarded quite seriously. Hmmm, "don't get hissy because I opted to respond and explain my position, this is a forum", is in essence what I said to you above. I suppose I should have known the chill pill call would make you even more upset but I couldn't resist :huh: .

I'm not upset, I didn't take it seriously. Thus the "heh". Though if you continue to tell me, incorrectly, what effect you've had on me or what state of mind I'm in, based on your interpretation of something I wrote on the innuhnet, I will get upset. I'll turn hulk green and huff and puff til I blow your house down etc :P

If you like, I can put a whole stream of laughing faces to make it clear I'm having fun too? :pfft: :pfft: :pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

And for fucks sake, don't come back with are you on the rag :roll: :pfft: :pfft: :pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

Just came off a week break and was keen to get back into it. I'm pissed! :evil:

Bummer! Did you lose any teeth? I got punched in the jaw last year (gloves, phew) - angle of mandible, lucky nothing broke.

Nope but when I was first spitting blood I was a little concerned. The tooth that took most of the weight had already had a root canal because of past experiences such as this. So it's dead already.

F, I'm crying like a girl! :oops:

Nope but when I was first spitting blood I was a little concerned. The tooth that took most of the weight had already had a root canal because of past experiences such as this. So it's dead already.

F, I'm crying like a girl! :oops:

Epic lulz! You're crying over a dead tooth? :shock: There there, it'll alllllllll be OK :pfft:

Nah, joking, teeth are expensive to replace huh, even dead ones. No one wants to be toothless before their time hey. One of the guys I used to fight with, a piece of his tooth was capped and was knocked out when he stopped using his mouthguard. Man, he was a miserable bastard for weeks after, and it was only a wee corner of tooth.

Taking poll threads on tangents since ages ago.

looks like a few people like the optimum nutrition whey

ive tried this stuff once "vanilla ice cream" flavor

didnt think it was very tasty at all! maybe ill try a different flavor :)

I've only tried the chocolate. That was a few years back now but it was good. Don't know if they've changed the recipe at all.

I'm personally not so bothered by the taste. It's not suppose to be gourmet cuisine. Usually I'd through in some cocoa or vanilla essence to give it a kick. I reckon my home made protein shakes with alacen450 taste better than most brand named stuff.

Even a little cinnamon and cocoa is great. Good antioxidants to.

I'm personally not so bothered by the taste. It's not suppose to be gourmet cuisine.

When spending $100 on a 5lb tub i want something that tastes half decent! :P

If i can get the same nutrition from a product that tastes a hell of alot better.. I will! :D

looks like a few people like the optimum nutrition whey

ive tried this stuff once "vanilla ice cream" flavor

didnt think it was very tasty at all! maybe ill try a different flavor :)

cookies and cream bro cookies and effin cream ,best protein shake ever

I can down some nasty shakes,but seriously who want's to?Optimum nutrition whey FTW!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm halfway through my first 2Kg bag of Vanilla InnerArmour Quad-stuff and it's pretty tasty :)

Made the mistake ONCE of filling the shaker with water - turned out real nasty, and my PT told me to use minimal amount of water :P

I normally use milk.

I agree, the vanilla flavour is really, really good, even better than the strawberry, which is also pretty yum.

I find 150-200 ml of water, is a perfect consistency.