• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now that is one bloody beautiful logo :clap: :clap:

Yip - our "Boss" is a class act :nod:

Yes we cannot take any real credit on this one as it has been designed by Graeme's Design Team in Australia. We will be taking the logo & using colour & highlights to place it on the back of our T-shirts, Officials clothing & merchandise. I think we are going to look pretty dam hot.

now that is one bloody beautiful logo :clap: :clap:

Yip - our "Boss" is a class act :nod:

Yes we cannot take any real credit on this one as it has been designed by Graeme's Design Team in Australia. We will be taking the logo & using colour & highlights to place it on the back of our T-shirts, Officials clothing & merchandise. I think we are going to look pretty dam hot.

Damn Skippy (pardon the pun :pfft: )

7 weeks to go until the Christchurch Grand Prix - 1st May - Flights booked so is the motel.... Im sure the ladies and men will bring their A game - looking forward to seeing all the fantastic physiques on stage.... don't forget the coffee Rod. :pfft:

Show Posters should be out around the country in a few days & we will publish all the Sponsors very soon on here & our Facebook pages. There has been a tremondous response & we are very pleased that so many have seen to support us as a new federation. Kingsley is working on a NABBA/WFF NZ website which will be launched shortly & will give all the details about membership, catagories, entry fees & competition rules in one place.

All the working group are fielding lots of enquiries & questions about the show. The one show format is proving to be popular with athletes. Competitions start at noon with NABBA catagories. Each group is run to completion & judged before the next starts. WFF catagories will run in the second half & the show will be finished by 6pm. Winners will compete in Overalls for both NABBA & WFF. Other entertainment will include a display by the Strongmen & Powerlifters from Eastside Barbell. Sponsors will have product & services on display & for sale. Food & Coffee will be available.

We are very pleased to have the Australian NABBA/WFF & International President, Graeme Lancefield attending the show. Also we welcome Mr David Boscaglia as Head judge. David is a top International Judge & will be running a NABBA/WFF Judges Qualification Course on Fri 30th April. We also welcome Mr Phil Muscat who will be the Back Stage Manager where his experience is highly regarded in Australian Shows. The Judging Panel will be announced in the next few weeks.

More updates to come. 8 WEEKS TO GO!

The one show format is proving to be popular with athletes. Competitions start at noon with NABBA catagories. Each group is run to completion & judged before the next starts. WFF catagories will run in the second half & the show will be finished by 6pm.

Love the one-show formats - particularly for the competitors. This allows them to relax and spend time with family and friends AND partake in the AFTER PARTY!! :dancing:

The one show format is proving to be popular with athletes. Competitions start at noon with NABBA catagories. Each group is run to completion & judged before the next starts. WFF catagories will run in the second half & the show will be finished by 6pm.

Love the one-show formats - particularly for the competitors. This allows them to relax and spend time with family and friends AND partake in the AFTER PARTY!! :dancing:

I think this is a great idea too. I'm going to be in Chch when this is on, so I'm hoping to go. If there was a day and night show I probably wouldn't, as I would only have public transport and would need to use public transport to get back to Christchurch - not really keen on that on my own in a place I don't know at night.

I had to miss the end of the NZFBB Wellington show last year for a similar reason - the need to get public transport back home and being on my own at night for an hour when I've missed one train/bus and having to wait for another - well, just not such a great idea.

So I for one welcome the daytime all in one format.

hey chill cat i am sure you will be able to fine someone who will be willing to give you a lift to and from the show. :P the folks hear are pretty friendly, as long as they arnt hungry then they might bite :)

would love to see you at the show

kingsley hannah

Thanks! I'm hoping to recruit my sister who lives in Chch - she and my brother used to be into the Chch bb-ing scene back in the day (about 15-20 years ago!) so I might be able to convince her she'd love to take another look!

hey chill cat i am sure you will be able to fine someone who will be willing to give you a lift to and from the show. :P the folks hear are pretty friendly, as long as they arnt hungry then they might bite :)

would love to see you at the show

kingsley hannah

Thanks! I'm hoping to recruit my sister who lives in Chch - she and my brother used to be into the Chch bb-ing scene back in the day (about 15-20 years ago!) so I might be able to convince her she'd love to take another look!

Come up and say hi Chilli - it will be good to see you there and put a face to the name :nod:

Well done Kingsley, Dave, Rod & others involved. I can appreciate the amount of work thats gone in to pull this event together. Awesome to see the sponsorship you've managed to pull together (must be a new BBing record for a NZL show! :grin: ).

I like the one show format as well - seems to have worked well in Australia from what I've seen and heard.

Nate