Coast Barbell Club

steak

Well...seen as the first of our equipment arrived yesterday I might as well let the hounds run...

Miss Bar-Belle and myself have decided to open a barbell club. Coast Barbell is a non-profit org dedicated to strength and muscle building much like Eastside (thanks heaps Doc for your encouragement and support) and encourages the use of strength programmes and equipment where as your shiney land gyms would more than likely dissapprove :lol:

Will take some pics later and keep you in the loop as more gear shows up 8)

coastbarbelllogo.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers fellas..Im gonna need a hand knocking the place into shape :nod: and taking some of the "shiney" off :lol:

Its a pretty big task but we wont be phased by it and have done heaps already...paint on walls, some gear..more to come including plates, power cage (fitness works custom job :wink: ), 4 1500lb oly bars, a 5 ft bar, curl bars, another multi press, a few cardio items and when I can afford it the DBs...sheesh they are pricey! especially if you want to go to 50kg which I do. Will add some weight trees, rubber mats around the equipment, change the place over to single phase power and today I started on building the deadlift platforms from heavy duty 35mm rubber tiles and will stick a wooden surround around them and secure to the floor. Im not sure how the rubber will go but if its no good then I have plenty for a stretch/floor exercise area.

A few pics - getting some help from the young fella today :lol:

cbc1.jpg

cbc2.jpg

deadlift platforms...or not :lol:

cbc3.jpg

so I take it we'll have to bring our own mirror? :grin:

there's a little mirror in the dunny bro...if you perch up on the sink you might get a front double biceps shot in :lol:

I have ordered a 2.4 x 1.2m mirror for the back wall just to keep a few of our bodybuilders happy :wink:

goodpost.gif

You know the Rules Optimasslaughing.gif

Way to go Steak

Thanks OB - I have vowed not to line the place with mirrors :grin:

Hey Steak,

The place looks like it has great potential I wish you both all the best. :clap:

VP

Thanks mate!

Watched a keen young asian guy today trying to deadlift my 2 rolls of rubber matting off his shed floor this morning...he wasnt having much luck

The stuff is bloody expensive and by the time I get the dumbells to 50kg and the rest of the gear I will have used my budget (for the time being :wink:)

anyways I said to him "you want a hand mate?"

"it wery heavweey"

" look out a sec then fella" as I wrapped my spaghetti arms around it and carried it NZSM anvil carry stylez to the car. :lol:

"oo wery stwong"

"and you drive a hard bargain son" :lol:

after a bit of bartering I got 2 for the price of one :lol:

there's a little mirror in the dunny bro...if you perch up on the sink you might get a front double biceps shot in :lol:

I have ordered a 2.4 x 1.2m mirror for the back wall just to keep a few of our bodybuilders happy :wink:

goodpost.gif

You know the Rules Optimasslaughing.gif

Way to go Steak

Thanks OB - I have vowed not to line the place with mirrors :grin:

Hey Steak,

The place looks like it has great potential I wish you both all the best. :clap:

VP

Thanks mate!

Watched a keen young asian guy today trying to deadlift my 2 rolls of rubber matting off his shed floor this morning...he wasnt having much luck

The stuff is bloody expensive and by the time I get the dumbells to 50kg and the rest of the gear I will have used my budget (for the time being :wink:)

anyways I said to him "you want a hand mate?"

"it wery heavweey"

" look out a sec then fella" as I wrapped my spaghetti arms around it and carried it NZSM anvil carry stylez to the car. :lol:

"oo wery stwong"

"and you drive a hard bargain son" :lol:

after a bit of bartering I got 2 for the price of one :lol:

Hey mate,

:pfft: Great stuff, hey when you get the gym up and running can you let me know, and I will fit a saturday training in, and also keen on the t- shirts when are ready also Mate,

VP

Hey mate,

:pfft: Great stuff, hey when you get the gym up and running can you let me know, and I will fit a saturday training in, and also keen on the t- shirts when are ready also Mate,

VP

your on mate! look forward to it. will keep you posted re a shirt but judging by the way your eating its gonna have to be a 3XL :wink: :grin:

Hey mate,

VP

your on mate! look forward to it. will keep you posted re a shirt but judging by the way your eating its gonna have to be a 3XL :wink: :grin:

:) Sweet deal mate, maybe 2 XL leave big shirt for you mate :lol: