nz is full of Volume training,what about high intesnsity?

FastFreddy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi man and welcome.

Is that the 1 heavy set per muscle group once a week system? :think:

Hi there Cuttabits!!!

heavy duty training system is proformed depending on the recover and the growth of each trainy,all working sets are proformed to complete musclur failer,supersets are involved too,

theres a program

day 1 chest and back

chest

warm up:light set of bench for blood flow then a heavyish set to feel some load .

working sets:pec dec,one set to conplete failer,slow and controled with 2 seconds contrating on each rep to positive failer then super seted with incline machine to complete positive failer.

back

warm up :one light set of rev-pull downs for blood flow to the back and arms.

working sets:lat pull over machine till failer superset with rev-pull downs (failer too)

dead lifts:one warm up set to get blood full to the lower back,then one set to complete positive failer(this ones a killer!!!

all movments and proformed over 8-10 seconds per rep and ever work out u proform with more weight or get more reps before failer

as u will see one needs more that one day to recover let alown have grown

only after the body has recovered will it adapt(grow larger and stronger to deal with the stress of training,let me know what ya think after ya try this

Welcome to the forums.

We have threads on HIT stashed somewhere.

After reading what seems like hrdcor's messy text (along with taking several aspirin to ease my headache) I still don't understand what you mean on the subject of reps/intensity.

For example, let's say I'm working chest (nevermind the Back and Supersets.)

I perform one-warm-up set. Then what weight do I pick to perform my reps with?

ie ... I could do 100 kgs for 8 reps in Bench or should I go ....130 for 3 reps? How do you measure 'Intensity' in this training system?

ever work out u proform with more weight or get more reps before failer

How do you know when to increase weight?

ie. I could be doing 100kgs x 8 in one workout for my chest, then the next I could be doing 100 kgs x 10, then ....100 kgs x 12, ect.

or 130 kgs x 3, then 130 kgs x 6, .... 130 x 15, ect.

Welcome to the forums.

After reading what seems like hrdcor's messy text (along with taking several aspirin to ease my headache) I still don't understand what you mean on the subject of reps/intensity.

I performorm one-warm-up set. Then what weight do I pick to perform my reps with?

ie ... I could do 100 kgs for 8 reps in Bench or should I go ....130 for 3 reps? How do you measure 'Intensity' in this training system?

ie. I could be doing 100kgs x 8 in one workout for my chest, then the next I could be doing 100 kgs x 10, then ....100 kgs x 12, ect.

hay dude,

u ask what rep range one would use,upper body is 6-12 reps for pre-exhaustion then 3-10 rep for compound movment,the only way u find what is a weight is ,is by trying it out then fine turning in before ya next war with the weights,

legs rep range is 12-20 reps pre set

Welcome to the forums.

I performorm one-warm-up set. Then what weight do I pick to perform my reps with?

hay dude,

u ask what rep range one would use,upper body is 6-12 reps for pre-exhaustion then 3-10 rep for compound movment,the only way u find what is a weight is ,is by trying it out then fine turning in before ya next war with the weights,

So you increase the weight when you reach the high end of repetition range?

What is the frequency of training like?

Have you heard of AST's Max-OT training system?

hi,no sorry i have not,what is it?

Well, basically a high-intensity routine, sounds kind of like the one your're talking about. I tried it when I first got into bodybuilding - their exercise descriptions are really good, but I'm not sure the high intensity routine is the best for a beginner. I didn't feel it did much for me then, anyway.

http://www.ast-ss.com/training/training_intro.asp

Welcome to the forums.

hay dude,

hi again,

progresive resistance training!!!! is what you do to growth right!

there is no rule wrighten to say witch day or how meany days one needs to recover(no god here to look into ya genetic make up)and say DO THIS EVERY SO MEANY DAYS AND YOU WILL GROW FASTER THAN ANY OTHER TYPE OF TRAINING!!!!

WE all very as in how fast we recover,get strenght and grow(Adapt)

so one can only try to find how long it takes before they train again by looking at there progress!!!(strenght gains)

i,meself need about 3-4 day at least before id train again doing heavy duty training,my strenght is far better than my recoverability,depending on my diet and sleep,witch ant that shit hot these days,lol

others maybe able to train day on day off if there genetics-diet-sleep and mabe if they are on gear too,but from ppl ive trained,at lest 2-3 day.

at one stage in my training ,i was training with so much intensity i needed 21 day before i could train the same muscle group again!!,And theres only 3 training day split,so thats 7 day between workouts

hay dude,

hi again,

progresive resistance training!!!! is what you do to growth right!

there is no rule wrighten to say witch day or how meany days one needs to recover(no god here to look into ya genetic make up)and say DO THIS EVERY SO MEANY DAYS AND YOU WILL GROW FASTER THAN ANY OTHER TYPE OF TRAINING!!!!

WE all very as in how fast we recover,get strenght and grow(Adapt)

so one can only try to find how long it takes before they train again by looking at there progress!!!(strenght gains)

i,meself need about 3-4 day at least before id train again doing heavy duty training,my strenght is far better than my recoverability,depending on my diet and sleep,witch ant that shit hot these days,lol

others maybe able to train day on day off if there genetics-diet-sleep and mabe if they are on gear too,but from ppl ive trained,at lest 2-3 day.

at one stage in my training ,i was training with so much intensity i needed 21 day before i could train the same muscle group again!!,And theres only 3 training day split,so thats 7 day between workouts

Lol. You're kidding right?

i was training with so much intensity i needed 21 day before i could train the same muscle group again!!,And theres only 3 training day split,so thats 7 day between workouts

:shock:

That's hardcore. :grin:

I'd probably give this program a go after something like German Volume Training/10x10 and the like for a short period of time. ie - High volume then Low volume. That's if I get really bored tweaking my routine. It's workable none the less (if applied in the right circumstances) but it shouldn't be THE training system that one uses for the rest of his/her strength training career.

i was training with so much intensity i needed 21 day before i could train the same muscle group again!!,And theres only 3 training day split,so thats 7 day between workouts

I'd probably give this program a go after something like German Volume Training/10x10 and the like for a short period of time. ie - Low volume followed by High volume routine. That's if I get really bored tweaking my routine. It's workable none the less (if applied in the right circumstances) but it shouldn't be THE training system that one uses for the rest of his/her strength training career.

hi again,if ya try this system u will need up to 2 weeks to fully recover after volume before getting into it

Have you heard of AST's Max-OT training system?

hi,no sorry i have not,what is it?

Well, basically a high-intensity routine, sounds kind of like the one your're talking about. I tried it when I first got into bodybuilding - their exercise descriptions are really good, but I'm not sure the high intensity routine is the best for a beginner. I didn't feel it did much for me then, anyway.

http://www.ast-ss.com/training/training_intro.asp

hi,

just for the record,hit and mike mentzer hit can very!

theres a lot of other body builders steeling mikes term(HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING)

so bewear of other hit bodys builder books ,vida and web sites that are not wrightin by mike,this man turned the body building world around with his system after working for Aurther Jones,now this man knows his shit too!!!!,Joe weiders head was spinning !!!!the man that had know idea about progress but only money making in the gym world for himself,bla bla,u may know all this ya self anyway,c ya !!!

I'd probably give this program a go after something like German Volume Training/10x10 and the like for a short period of time. ie - Low volume followed by High volume routine. That's if I get really bored tweaking my routine. It's workable none the less (if applied in the right circumstances) but it shouldn't be THE training system that one uses for the rest of his/her strength training career.

hi again,if ya try this system u will need up to 2 weeks to fully recover after volume before getting into it

Depends on what kind of volume program you're trying. Failure/Non-failure. State of overreaching/fatigue. Lots of other factors too.

If I were to do this program after volume training, I'd gently lower the volume while increasing intensity (% of 1RM) for some period of time. Then I'd do HIT/HD for a brief period, maybe 3-5 weeks, then increase frequency/volume again.

P.S. Max-OT isn't the same as HIT.

One really HUGE factor I'd like to put in here is the training age of the person looking at training this way. This type of HIT is for moderate to advanced lifters looking to break through plateaus etc This type of training over an extended peroid can cause majior injuries.

Pittbullâ„¢

I tried a program like the one suggested for a few months. I found that you can indeed maintain strength and muscle mass (at least for a while) and may even get stronger in some areas. My main problems were:

1. Fat gain. (Possibly because my diet is no good and I'm effectively using higher volume training as cardio. But I suspect a lot of people would have this problem.)

2. Loss of hand and forearm strength. (A problem for me given that I have small hands. I think the forearms really require regular work, not occasional heavy work.)

3. Loss of flexibility.

BTW, I don't mean to sound pedantic, but could certain posters please read the thread on quoting stuff, and also please try not to be so illiterate.

One really HUGE factor I'd like to put in here is the training age of the person looking at training this way. This type of HIT is for moderate to advanced lifters looking to break through plateaus etc This type of training over an extended peroid can cause majior injuries.

Pittbullâ„¢

the heavy duty training system is!: the safist training type ever!!! i have never ever had some one get injuried when ive trained them with this system,

mindless cave-men thro weight around for hrs ripping ligerments and wearing there joints out all the time!.(hobby training)

whats more important id like to say is:we are talking about the fastist, most productive and safist way to get MASSIVE MUSCLES

i did not say its easy at all,

and yes true!(U ARE RIGHT)this type of training will not work for some one that has not got there heart in it!,or already have to much stress in there life!!!

p.s thx dude!

I've been following DC Training this year which is similar in some aspects. I've made good strength gains & learnt a new level of intensity.

I guess what I've learnt the most changing to this routine is:

As long as you look to progress each workout you will grow, providing your diet is in check & your protein is high.

I realised that I don't need to train 3 sets to failure each exercise.

Heavy weights & training at intensity while cutting is the key to maintaining muscle.

And overall, diet is everything. You can follow whatever training method you like but if your diet isn't on point then you won't grow.

Individual bodies are so different & each will respond differently to these types of training programs. Your mission is to find the one that works for you.

I've gone back to volume training now as I'm training with a partner who trains that way. I'm really enjoying the change & my stint at DC Training has helped me a lot because I have pushed through plateaus.

IMO an open mind = bigger muscles.