The direction of NABBA in NZ

agent86

mmm seems reps need to be informed that as far as I am aware NABBA NZ is an incorporated society and you the rep are the commitee member, all acts by reps are goverened by incorporated rules of the society, just a heads up here maybe you need to read up on the rules that govern you as a rep. :doh:

Not having read the Nabba NZ Constitution or their rules - one would suggest that you may be correct in stating the aforementioned. Inspite of this - it is irrelevant. The rules that govern Nabba NZ at this very moment - are at best - valueless material and are of complete unimportance to what is happening with the state of the federation within NZ itself. Perhaps less reading and more listening may pave the way to a better understanding?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank you for your input hows the PHD in bodybuilding finished I hope Ann.

Why, thank you very much. My PhD in bodybuilding is going swimmingly - I am so glad you asked :grin: . I do understand what an Incorporated Society is - and who it is governed by - and once again - I thank you for reminding me - I would've completely forgotten otherwise.

It not the reading it the facts being offered.

Again, thank you for offering your insight. I am sure the facts that you have read - are indeed just that - the facts.... and afterall, who am I to question their Constitution or your resounding knowledge of the state of Nabba NZ. Possibly no-one but that's ok too. :salute:

INBA Really need to start something in this country..

I know alot of guys that would compete in bodybuilding if they didnt have to go up against juice heads

Its unfair having enchanced bodybuilders and natural bodybuilders

in the same class..

Ive seen this happen so many times in new zealand its not funny!

Even playing field? :P

INBA Really need to start something in this country..

I know alot of guys that would compete in bodybuilding if they didnt have to go up against juice heads

Its unfair having enchanced bodybuilders and natural bodybuilders

in the same class..

Ive seen this happen so many times in new zealand its not funny!

Even playing field? :P

HMMM whats this got to do with the direction of NABBA , and for your information inba is in this country. sheesh it is sat i suppose you have prob had a few brews and dont understand the thread. :pfft: have stienlager natural for me . :roll:

thank you for your input hows the PHD in bodybuilding finished I hope Ann.

Incorporated Society is governed by NZ law not by its members.

It not the reading it the facts being offered.

Im sure a volley of abuse will follow however it must be pointed out.

It not the reading it the facts being offered.Very good writing my intimelctual falla HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FCKN AWESOME :clap: MAN there are bright sparks up in here.

HMMM whats this got to do with the direction of NABBA , and for your information inba is in this country. sheesh it is sat i suppose you have prob had a few brews and dont understand the thread. :pfft: have stienlager natural for me . :roll:

Nothing at all. I didnt know that.

Yeah il have two! Cheers

:grin: Thank you Hawks for correcting a spelling error. :grin:

I would say that the spread of shows for NZers who wish to compete only at a local and National level is fine and does cover all of NZ.

I would say that the over riding factor is that the smaller hard core group at the top of there sport are being challenged as to where they can compete now and in the future.

It seems this is dominating the need for so called changes

However heres the facts, again

INBA have NZ shows and overseas shows

NZFBB have NZ shows and overseas shows

NABBA have NZ shows and overseas shows(topic of discusion)

Promoters such as CCI offer alternatives for entry level and top athletes overseas

What seems to be missed here is NABBA NZ are entitled to carry on with there local and National events for the majority of competitors.

NABBA International is already goverened by NABBA Aus so whats the big beef, athletes can still do there qualifiers here and still fly out as per normal to the Worlds and Universe just as did Lisa B last year.

The problem is there is a battle with top people not willing to compromise both here and in Aus, we as athletes need to see change happen here as in dialogue and as in top athletes getting to travel once more to one event.

It should be done through NZ shows and Not having to top up Aus shows to qulaify is what is on the table and that is all that is at stake.

Lets move forward for 2010 everyone is talking change, change what?

It has been made obvious the NZ president will step down to accomodate a change of leadership so it has already started to happen.

I myself will support NABBA NZ shows as well as INBA shows and NZFBB shows whoever is in charge I dont really care.

If given the chance I would even travel to CCI shows this is what I see the sport all about variety not conformity.

Hell all reps in NABBA NZ have shown NZers they are willing and able and capable to run shows and support the sport, so to has the admin at NABBA HQ by saying hey Ill step aside so athletes can compete overseas, who really then is stone walling the process at the top is my question?

TO ALL ATHLETES i SAY SUPPORT THE SPORT AND YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE

INBA

NABBA

NZFBB

CCI

:nod:

I would say that the spread of shows for NZers who wish to compete only at a local and National level is fine and does cover all of NZ.

AND?

I would say that the over riding factor is that the smaller hard core group at the top of there sport are being challenged as to where they can compete now and in the future.

AND?

Promoters such as CCI offer alternatives for entry level and top athletes overseas

SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE ABOVE? This is a topic to discuss the ongoings within Nabba NZ - NOT NZBB or INBA or even the CCI for that matter - stay on point. Again everything you have made factual on a Nabba Thread is completely irrelevant. Most people within NZ bodybuilding circles already know of these events - if they do not, it is up to the inidividual to do their research and source these federations and/or those who organise them.

What seems to be missed here is NABBA NZ are entitled to carry on with there local and National events for the majority of competitors.

YES I agree - competitors are entitled to continue with events held in NZ. But Nabba NZ competitors should also be informed of a democratic process - (or lack thereof) that has been happening in NABBA NZ for sometime now.

NABBA International is already goverened by NABBA Aus so whats the big beef, athletes can still do there qualifiers here and still fly out as per normal to the Worlds and Universe just as did Lisa B last year.

WRONG Lisa qualified for the Universe in Australia. For now this is the only path that can be taken if you wish - to compete internationally.

The problem is there is a battle with top people not willing to compromise both here and in Aus, we as athletes need to see change happen here as in dialogue and as in top athletes getting to travel once more to one event.

WRONG ONCE AGAIN There are no problems from Nabba Australia, or their President and current Nabba International President Graeme Lancefield. The problem has always been in NZ. Mr Pitt and Marianne Poole - and I will not apologise for the naming of them.

It should be done through NZ shows and Not having to top up Aus shows to qulaify is what is on the table and that is all that is at stake.

KIWIS topping up Australian Shows? Highly unlikely.

ell all reps in NABBA NZ have shown NZers they are willing and able and capable to run shows and support the sport, so to has the admin at NABBA HQ by saying hey Ill step aside so athletes can compete overseas, who really then is stone walling the process at the top is my question?

AGAIN - No -one has questioned NZ reps and their ability in running NABBA Shows - but you have seen fit to state that people have.

NABBA NZ HQ is stone walling the process - thats who.

Again your lack of NABBA NZ History is extremely transparent - and your lack of knowledge moreso. You may think of yourself as that of an intellect - however, you are not. The lack of forethought and consideration in your posts are just that. You dear sir - are a very tiring individual - tiring in a sense that I will no longer reply to your posts anymore... as they are nothing but complete meaningless gibberish... Arr - I feel much better now! :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

Nothing at all. I didnt know that.

Yeah il have two! Cheers

haha at least ya got a sense of humour to much :lol:

:grin: Thank you Hawks for correcting a spelling error. :grin:

Lets move forward for 2010 everyone is talking change, change what?

It has been made obvious the NZ president will step down to accomodate a change of leadership so it has already started to happen.

I myself will support NABBA NZ shows as well as INBA shows and NZFBB shows whoever is in charge I dont really care.

If given the chance I would even travel to CCI shows this is what I see the sport all about variety not conformity.

Hell all reps in NABBA NZ have shown NZers they are willing and able and capable to run shows and support the sport, so to has the admin at NABBA HQ by saying hey Ill step aside so athletes can compete overseas, who really then is stone walling the process at the top is my question?

TO ALL ATHLETES i SAY SUPPORT THE SPORT AND YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE

INBA

NABBA

NZFBB

CCI

:nod:

one should really know what they are talking about before they start making fools of themselves , under the present nabba organisation , even with the present president standing down we will still not be aligned with nabba international , and if certain people dont pull there heads in we wont be in the near future . I would suggest a good rule of thumb is know what you are talking about before you enter into a conversation about it , i will pass on some good advice i got as a 15 year old NEVER CONFUSE YOUR CAPABILITIES WITH YOUR ASPIRATIONS.Have a nice day \:D/ jesus loves you.hallelujah brother.

NZresident, it would be best if you would read all the previous threads pertaining to the differences between NABBA NZ & NABBA/WFF Australia & become familiar with what has transpired over the last 8-9 years. It would appear that you have received some information as to what is currently going on at an organisational level & you are drawing your own conclusions from this & making your statements based on this rather inacurate information.

Ann, has commented on your posts & I am not going to follow suit but will say that there are going to be changes in the way NABBA competitions are run in NZ this year. Some may not, in fact, be run under the jurisdiction of NABBA NZ or they could be run under a reformed NABBA NZ or they may be run under the NABBA/WFF Australasian umbrella, however they will provide for legitimate access for top participants in each category to proceed to NABBA/WFF Internationals Worlds & Universe in 2010. It is not entirely clear as yet if this will be via the Australian Nationals or by direct route ex NZ. But in any event these will be streamlined "Expo" type Day competitions with the competitors needs & aspirations foremost in the organisers brief.

Wow Ann it is about time your academic skills were put to good use. :clap:

Hawks you have a nice day a couple more beers should do it,maybe you should start a book on quotes. :wink:

MuscleNz well done at least you are in there having a go good luck. :pray:

As I said in my last posts I dont give a damn who is in charge as long as it is sorted out.

That volley of abuse didnt take long thank you for enlightening us all :shock:

The basic problem with NABBA NZ is that it is aligned with 'fake' NABBA, (Joe Lopez)

For NZ athletes to compete with 'real' NABBA they must qualify via Australia.

'Real' NABBA does not recognise NABBA NZ in its current form.

In other words there is no NABBA comp in NZ where competitors can qualify and win a trip to the 'real' NABBA Universe or the 'real' NABBA Worlds.

They must first of all pay to go to Australia, then they must pay their own way to compete Internationally.

Regardless who runs NABBA NZ, the priority is for them to join 'real' NABBA.

There are certain conditions to be met before Nabba NZ can get into Nabba International with Australia. These relate to the eligibility of the candidate s we have put forward. They have to be democratically elected and have on interest in another federation. There are also issues with any participation of Jim Pitt and Marianne in any organisation.

MuscleNZ and his group have managed to get the ball rolling it seems so it will be interesting to see what happens. Momentum has gathered on this issue and rven though it only affects the top athletes it is bringing the whole Nabba NZ name into disrepute.

I know of negotiations with Graeme Lancefield and there are strict conditions which Nabba NZ must meet to align with Australia.

I was the first person to bring his issue up in November 2006 and it took a while for others to realise the issue was important. It took two International cancellations for the issue to become paramount.. I am looking forward to progress and maybe having something to say to the Wellington Nabba meeting on 24th.

Things are definitely happening.

there is as i said some main points of contention! :P and these if not clearly outlined in the many previous posts have been outlined here :)

i have thus far recived 1 apropriate Private message that can be used to clearly outline the concernse and intentions of our members and atleetes,

ither not many have read this post! (although 300+ views have been recorded in the last 24 hours) or people do not want to step forward and have their thoughts/comments recorded against there name, i would really like to have a wad of printed letters from competiters and supporters to be-able to present at the agm, your chance to have your say is here in a way it hasnt been in the past, really look forward to hearing from you and u can be asured your fourm ailias will not be reveiled :P if you want to email me direct please do so to sportsguru@xtra.co.nz

Kingsley Hannah

CHCH will also be holding an open meating for all that are interested in finding out more about progress in the future of Nabba in new zealand, asking questions giving sugestions and for coffee of course :)

please pass this info on to anyone who may like to attend and we hope to see you there,

the meeting will be helld on Sunday the 24th at 3.30pm @ coffee worx in opawa (239 Opawa Rd Opawa Christchurch)

below is a link to a map of where to find it

http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Cafes/Cof ... 7_417.html

any questions give me a call or pm me

kingsley hannah

CHCH will also be holding an open meating for all that are interested in finding out more about progress in the future of Nabba in new zealand, asking questions giving sugestions and for coffee of course :)

please pass this info on to anyone who may like to attend and we hope to see you there,

the meeting will be helld on Sunday the 24th at 3.30pm @ coffee worx in opawa (239 Opawa Rd Opawa Christchurch)

below is a link to a map of where to find it

http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Cafes/Cof ... 7_417.html

any questions give me a call or pm me

kingsley hannah

Cheers Kingsley. I urge NABBA members & interested parties to attend this meeting next Sunday to discuss the future of competitions particularly in CHC & the South Island. Coffee Worx is located on Highway 73, this is the extension of Brougham Street heading towards Hillsborough/ Lyttelton at 239 Opawa Rd. Cafe phone 03-3228587. See you there. :)

Hello,

On Sunday January 24th NABBA Wellington will hold a casual brain

storming session in the lead up to this years 2010 NABBA National

Congress.

Any interested people can feel free to come and make positive

contributions to this discussing and I will then take your ideas,

question and thoughts to NABBA NZ.

The venue for this Brain Storming session will be held at the Cadillac

Cafe on High Street Lower Hutt at 10:30am. Yes, it will be a relaxed

affair so feel free to grab a coffee or a snack while we chat.

Cheers all

NABBA Nev

Neville Brown nbrown@mmnz.co.nz

Parts Co-ordinator

DDI (04) 237 2437

Wellington Nabba Meeting as advised in earlier post.

Its a shame Jim Pitt is retiring. I allways found him to be a real gentleman.

I spent alot of time with him at the worlds in 2006 in spain and he went out of his way to make sure our athletes had the best advantage possible going into the competition. I know some people have issues with him but I liked the way he handled certain situations that could have proved very troublesome. In saying that I think Peter will be a great president for the new nz NABBA as he has pretty much dedicated his life to the sport for many years now and allready has a large international network of contacts to help him.

Hey musclenz,forgive my ignorance, how are you affiliated with NABBA? Your obviously on the committee or something.

Its a shame Jim Pitt is retiring. I allways found him to be a real gentleman.

I spent alot of time with him at the worlds in 2006 in spain and he went out of his way to make sure our athletes had the best advantage possible going into the competition. I know some people have issues with him but I liked the way he handled certain situations that could have proved very troublesome. In saying that I think Peter will be a great president for the new nz NABBA as he has pretty much dedicated his life to the sport for many years now and allready has a large international network of contacts to help him.

Hey musclenz,forgive my ignorance, how are you affiliated with NABBA? Your obviously on the committee or something.

There is no question that Jim & Peter & the NABBA NZ team have been an integral part & given a lot over the years to the association. As well many people have achieved their goals within the structure that has existed. However, the international aspect of this group of supporting countries has come unstuck & this is at the detriment of those wanting to go out of NZ to compete or officiate. The only way out of this is to affiliate with Australia. The ball is in their court. They can choose to grab it & run with it or remain forever on the sideline.

HP, I remain a catalyst for change. My affiliation is with NABBA/WFF Australia.

There is also no mention of WFF International events on the Calendar which affects athletic mens and weight restricted figure girls. I presume we will have to join Nabba and WFF and run these 2 grades at our local shows and nationals.

The Nabba Worlds are in Malta and the WFF Worlds are in Greece a week or two later.

There is also no mention of WFF International events on the Calendar which affects athletic mens and weight restricted figure girls. I presume we will have to join Nabba and WFF and run these 2 grades at our local shows and nationals.

The Nabba Worlds are in Malta and the WFF Worlds are in Greece a week or two later.

No doubt the calendar will be out very shortly. In response to the Nabba/WFF shows - these are run in conjunction at all Australian Competitions - so you have presumed correctly. You may want to look at the Nabba Australian Calendar to see how they are run. However as you already know, NABBA and WFF do have separate Universe and World Events - and again these are highlighted on the Aussie Calendar.