agent86

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
now that nabba nz wants its kiwis to go and do the NAC comps why doesn't nabba nz change its name to NAC NZ

Why doesn't "Hungry Jacks" in Australia change it's name to "Burger King"?

NABBA is the name used for the past 20 years, it's a good name and has earned the right to stay as it is. NABBA NZ run good shows in NZ and now has a legitimate pathway to an overseas Federation, which is what people wanted and finally got!

Grego

now that nabba nz wants its kiwis to go and do the NAC comps why doesn't nabba nz change its name to NAC NZ

NABBA is the name used for the past 20 years, it's a good name and has earned the right to stay as it is. NABBA NZ run good shows in NZ and now has a legitimate pathway to an overseas Federation, which is what people wanted and finally got!

Grego

yes BK is in NZ but they dont go overseas and compete at a HJ cook of. as you can see nzfbb go overseas to do IFBB and not NAC or NABBA so how would you feel turning up in a nabba nz jacket and doing a NAC worlds or universe

Grego

yes BK is in NZ but they dont go overseas and compete at a HJ cook of. as you can see nzfbb go overseas to do IFBB and not NAC or NABBA so how would you feel turning up in a nabba nz jacket and doing a NAC worlds or universe

Right, and the overseas IFBB folk would automatically know what NZFBB Stands for?

Minor point you are making really, alignment is alignment. It's not like a bouncer will be standing at the door.... "Nope don't know who NABBA NZ is, on your way!"

NABBA NZ have a legitimate pathway and alignment with NAC end of story. It may not be the result some want, but for those of us who want to go overseas and compete for their country in an international event it's great.

Certainly as a NABBA Reps, we collectively had to "face the music" as to why there wasn't a proper International alignment. Now there is one, it is a great result and I stand behind the alignment.

NZ is too small for four federations, five if you include the ANB team going to Australia.

Still, through my passion for the sport, I have the utmost respect and wish every competitor and show organiser well, regardless of federation. Always have always will. I know what time and effort goes into both.

Not that it matters, but I paid to see two NZFBB competitions last year and my first competition for this year is the INBA Dubbo International in Australia so as you can see, I just love the sport regardless.

Greg

Grego

No, sorry Greg but the current NABBA NZ has only been operating as an Incorporated Society in NZ since 2001 (9 years). This was formed & registered under the name National Amateur Bodybuilding Assoc. Inc. There is also a National Amateur Bodybuilding Assoc. International Inc formed in 2002. Technically neither of these entities have the legal rights to use the abbreviated version of NABBA or NABBA International as they have not operated under the guise, rules & legitimacy of the parent bodies. Its just a pity when your administrators had the chance to align with the legitimate NABBA International in December last, that they chose not to. With all the talk about doing what is right for the athletes they still chose to make a political decision based on past indifference's & ignore this opportunity. Instead, they have made a executive decision to align with a group that is European based & has no shows in the Southern Hemisphere. Hows that working for the athletes?

kind of a weird situation. I don't want to take sides - but just wanted to point out that if fake nabba are going through europe and real Nabba are having to allow kiwi athletes through via a loop hole in the australian franchise .... it just sounds like either way Nz hasn't got a solid identity of it's own.

Is it not possible for the NAC NZ team and the NABBA AU ... NZ team - to face off against each other at the same world champs? ... or am I off on a tangent and the Nabba AU / NZ athletes are actually going to be competing as Australians?

:)

Oh and IMHO Hungry jacks actually tastes different to burger king :nod: (Must be the kiwi beef)

No, sorry Greg but the current NABBA NZ has only been operating as an Incorporated Society in NZ since 2001 (9 years). This was formed & registered under the name National Amateur Bodybuilding Assoc. Inc. There is also a National Amateur Bodybuilding Assoc. International Inc formed in 2002. Technically neither of these entities have the legal rights to use the abbreviated version of NABBA or NABBA International as they have not operated under the guise, rules & legitimacy of the parent bodies. Its just a pity when your administrators had the chance to align with the legitimate NABBA International in December last, that they chose not to. With all the talk about doing what is right for the athletes they still chose to make a political decision based on past indifference's & ignore this opportunity. Instead, they have made a executive decision to align with a group that is European based & has no shows in the Southern Hemisphere. Hows that working for the athletes?

NABBA NZ may have been incorporated then when the break up happened, but the history goes back further than that with shows etc.

The naming; it's by the by. Companies abbreviate all the time (KFC?) In any case, this is all trivial.

I hear your comments toward the southern hemisphere competitions. With the alignment with NAC there is no guess work to the classes and height weight ratio. If you have been working with your body for the year with the intention of competing overseas only to be put in a different class one you may not be happy with or confusing. NAC has the same structure as NABBA NZ. Less stress for the athletes. On the other side also as a collective we were not happy with the conditions GL put on NABBA NZ and ultimately was the best way forward for NABBA NZ and the athletes was indeed to go with NAC.

As far as I know GL has always had an opening for NZ athletes to compete over there so there has always been that opportunity to compete with and against Australian and International athletes.

The amount of athletes to want to compete internationally represent the best of what NZ has to offer, but is only a small portion of athletes. Most of the world competitions are held in Europe region in any case so you would only qualify here and go there and the International quality of athletes is high class in either NABBA (real) or NAC.

NABBA NZ runs good shows for NZ athletes and even the staunch Real NABBA folk have commented on this also.

It's fair to say there is a lot of personal reasons why some have a issue with the current NABBA NZ exec, but the main thing is the changes are a good step forward for most of the athletes giving them a pathway to high class competition overseas which has been absent for the last few years.

On the plus side if there is one out of all this: in business and sport, competition makes you strive to be the best, there should be no reason why it shouldn't apply here with the multiple federations currently in NZ

Cheers

Greg

Is it not possible for the NAC NZ team and the NABBA AU ... NZ team - to face off against each other at the same world champs? ... or am I off on a tangent and the Nabba AU / NZ athletes are actually going to be competing as Australians?

I'd be up for it! :nod:

Oh and IMHO Hungry jacks actually tastes different to burger king :nod: (Must be the kiwi beef)

Actually, same! although it's been a while! :pfft:

Cheers

Grego

NABBA NZ may have been incorporated then when the break up happened, but the history goes back further than that with shows etc.

Yes indeed it does Greg, however, the history that you speak about was when they were aligned with the Real Nabba.

he naming; it's by the by. Companies abbreviate all the time (KFC?) In any case, this is all trivial.

We're not talking about chicken here Greg, and yes companies may abbreviate all the time - although - abbreviation is not what musclenz is getting at.

I hear your comments toward the southern hemisphere competitions. With the alignment with NAC there is no guess work to the classes and height weight ratio. If you have been working with your body for the year with the intention of competing overseas only to be put in a different class one you may not be happy with or confusing. NAC has the same structure as NABBA NZ. Less stress for the athletes. On the other side also as a collective we were not happy with the conditions GL put on NABBA NZ and ultimately was the best way forward for NABBA NZ and the athletes was indeed to go with NAC.

There is also no guess work for the WFF either - height to weight ratio - for little guys like yourself.

NABBA NZ runs good shows for NZ athletes and even the staunch Real NABBA folk have commented on this also.

No Greg, it is not Nabba NZ that run good shows - it is the organisers of THOSE events you speak of that do. No-one has ever said that the regional organisers run bad shows - who has said that? I certainly haven't nor has Alan so where did this come from? Certainly not us and definitely not my collegues from Nabba/WFF - so - tell us who it was?

Anyhow, it is all irrelevant now. Good luck.

kind of a weird situation. I don't want to take sides - but just wanted to point out that if fake nabba are going through europe and real Nabba are having to allow kiwi athletes through via a loop hole in the australian franchise .... it just sounds like either way Nz hasn't got a solid identity of it's own.

NABBA/WFF New Zealand is an official federation now on its own standing. Competitors have legitamate access to World & Universe Championships directly out of NZ. However, it may be that our teams will attend collectively with the Australian NABBA/WFF Teams to benefit from their Team Management structure & to help keep costs down but they WILL REPRESENT NEW ZEALAND.

It is not possible for any cross competition between the main Bodybuilding Federations due to the qualification process, differing rules & conditions, catagories & management structures.

Thanks Rod ... seems like you guys have the most compelling offer. Not to detract from the promoters of the NAC shows. It good to see respect being shared amoungst those at the coal face in both feds.

This year is going to an interesting one for sure .... seems like there has been a lot of change accross all feds - developments in NZFBB or NZNPC if that will further evolve - two different Nabba opportunities - with a new fitness opportunity and the usual natty feds .... what a fruit salad! - only in NZ :)

....for little guys like yourself.

:pfft: That's so true Missy, and proud of it! If it means taking "stuff" to get big like others, no thanks! :pfft: (I always say each to their own on that one)

No Greg, it is not Nabba NZ that run good shows - it is the organisers of THOSE events you speak of that do. No-one has ever said that the regional organisers run bad shows - who has said that? I certainly haven't nor has Alan so where did this come from? Certainly not us and definitely not my collegues from Nabba/WFF - so - tell us who it was?

No you misunderstood my statement, it was in agreeance. I wasn't saying someone had said NABBA NZ (or it's people) doesn't - same page (I think)

Anyhow, it is all irrelevant now. Good luck.

True, Thanks, you too :)

Grego

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Fake Nabba are saying they are still the real Nabba .What a lot of shit. They are the only country affiliated with themselves in the World.. Nabba/WFF control the vast majority of the World.

Fake Nabba continue the farce that started in 2002 with the spilt with NAC,

If they are affiliating with NAC why not change the name in New Zealand to NAC and get on with it.

It's like opening a branch of KFC not part of the Franchise and saying you are the original KFC.

They are never going to win the Nabba name contest. It just shows the continued arrogance of Fake Nabba. Nabba goes back to the 50's and we don't but the other countries do. Why do we have to put up with this continued crap? Because Jim amd Marianne are stll in charge.

On the Fake Nabba International website they rubbish NAC President Harold Hoyler just as they rubbished Graeme Lancefield.

They claim they are the only Nabba in New Zealand but no other country with Nabba as name is their friend.

It is only because they have been backed into a corner that NAC has become an option again otherwise we would be visiting Spain for a crap International show with Jim as Vice President.

It is so confusing telling someone what show you are going to do because if you say Nabba you have to specify Nabba or nabba?WFF. I just refer to the Manawatu Nabba as Fake nabba to make things easier.

Fake Nabba is pissed off with losing the South Island and are trying to get shows down there. They will not work because no-one will support them.

I told Jim and Marianne to go with NAC in 2008 but they rubbished me really bad. Here we are in 2010 back with NAC. They fucked around for too long which was a pity but it was just Fake Nabba saying we will do it our way.

TOO LATE FAKE NABBA.You stuffed around for too long and let Nabba?WFF form in New Zealand. If you had acted last June as you suggested maybe we would not be in this position with a split.

We sem to have ego's controlling Fake Nabba and now NZFBB. Maybe Nabba/WFF with Kingsley and Rod will bring bodybuilding back to it's members and not big headed administrators.

The Fake Nabba and Real Nabba are having their Nationals on the same day 2nd October. fake at Auckland and Real at Christchurch. Should be interesting but I will be going to Christchurch.