• Mutant Mass
    • True Mass

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've only used the mutant mass range so far. But it defiantly works. Helped me put on about 10-15kg.

Its about 1/2 the price of the other brands when you get the large bag.

Worked out to $2.87 for a full double serve for the 6.8KG bags.(26g protein and 85g carbs)

Has PVL's vextrago in it, which is a super fast (much faster and better for you than dextrose) absorbing carb in it for post workouts.

Every flavour tastes better than every other shake I've tried so far, cookies and cream is my fav of those tho, tastes just like the icecream :)

Yeah true ….Mutant beats others on price …..But the nutrition content per serving for protein is 26 ….. Suppose I take a serving 3 times a day it kind of adds up to only 78 g of protein per day …. I currently weigh 140 lbs and ideally for bulking you need to consume at least 1-2 gm of protein per lbs of you body mass (please correct me if I am wrong)…. Which means by consuming mutant mass I would be falling short of my target protein consumption levels? :-s

On the other hand serious mass and true mass has about 50 odd gm of protein per serving ( adds up to 150+ gm of protein)….the only draw back I can see is the price lol :oops:

Yeah true ….Mutant beats others on price …..But the nutrition content per serving for protein is 26 ….. Suppose I take a serving 3 times a day it kind of adds up to only 78 g of protein per day …. I currently weigh 140 lbs and ideally for bulking you need to consume at least 1-2 gm of protein per lbs of you body mass (please correct me if I am wrong)…. Which means by consuming mutant mass I would be falling short of my target protein consumption levels? :-s

On the other hand serious mass and true mass has about 50 odd gm of protein per serving ( adds up to 150+ gm of protein)….the only draw back I can see is the price lol :oops:

Do you not eat real food?

Yes, I do but that doesn’t answer my question thanks! :naughty:

I do eat food but I am a hard gainer! Hence I think those extra calories! And if you could tell me a better & practical method I will definitely try it! (Mind you I work 8 to 12 hrs a day during the week and eating is not the only thing I do lol; although I am trying to eat real food every 3 hours during the day)

Hence you see i am looking for something that is viable! But I do agree real food is the best option certainly not the most convenient and practical one lol :-s

Also I don't intend to use supplements as a meal replacement

Meal 1 (7 AM)

1-1/2 cups of dry oats mixed with water

1 banana

5 egg white

Supplements:

• Fish oil

• 1 tsp of Glutamine

Meal 2 (10 AM)

100% on protein (1 scoop)

Meal 3 (12 Noon)

1-1/2 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or sweet potato

Portion of chicken breast

Meal 4 (3 PM)

Fruit like apple , orange

Meal 5 (5:30 PM)

1-1/2 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or sweet potato

2 cups of green beans, broccoli or any other desired vegetable

Portion of chicken breast

Pre-Workout Supplements (6:30 PM):

100% on protein (1 scoop)

Post Workout Supplements (8 – 8:15PM) – Have as soon as done w/ workout

• 1 tsp Glutamine

• Fish oil

Meal 6 (8:30- 9 PM)

1/2 cup of cream of rice

1 banana

2 scoops of whey

“Now that’s my diet and I have been patiently sticking on to it for about 6 months :doh: now but I have ended up loosing weight! lol On a serious note can I stick something into it?” Any suggestion is welcome though

... I need help :(

Man you're complaining about gaining weight and there's shit in there like "5 egg whites" and "1 scoop of protein"?

lol wut

That needs to be more like "6 eggs" or "three scoops of protein" or "2 large pizzas" because New Zealand larges are like a medium in America.

swap your chicken to beef and what size in grams do you mean by portion. can you not eat a whole chicken breast?

also for extra calories try a glass of milk at each meal.

true what you mentioned about around 2 grams per pound but try get the majority of your protein from mean and eggs rather then powder.

*this is general advice not related to your total calorie needs as we dont have enough info but this will help*

NZPT

The tragedy of threads like this is that many people take the advice as gospel. One example (and I'm not ripping off Ordy but it's appropriate to use him as an example as he's posting advice here).

Ordy says 'take supplement x, it help me get x bigger'. What newbies don't see is this, and without personally attacking Ordy (who by his own accounts has made some good progress) would you really be asking him for advice on bulking?

file.php?id=7264

... I need help :(

You don't need a mass gainer. You need to eat more.

Some quick wins, eat whole eggs, more carbs, protein at every meal (including meal 4) in the form of food not shakes. Eat nuts. Eat pizza. Eat anything. Your portion sizes sound small, chick diet small :shock:

I suggest working out how many calories you need to eat to maintain your current size vs how many you are eating, then look to start adding in more food. There's some info in this thread here re calculating maintenance and food calories. Yeah it's boring shit, but working it out gives you a starting point. You want to grow? Work out how much you need to eat to grow. Either that or just stuff your face. Either way, eat more :grin:

What kind of training are you doing? I hope you're are least doing the three main compound lifts, squats, deadlifts, bench press. If you're doing a lot of cardio, you may want to look at reducing it.

Maybe start a new thread asking for training and diet advice rather than a mass gainer.

Re inconvenience of food, you just have to be more prepared. Cook in advance, pre pack it, etc.

Hope this helps.

I was 20KG lighter 2 years ago, i have pics but wont post them. (Ive been around this weight for 6 months now) Before i started any supplements I was stuck at 70-72 KG even after upping my food i was eating, I just couldnt eat anymore and thats where the supplements helped.

I spend a lot of time researching supplements etc and testing them out to see what works and what doesn't. Im still gaining and most of what I've tested works well. I know im not huge but compared to what I was I am.

Now Im on standard whey,as after adding oats and other carbs i was getting too much and wanted to up my protein amounts.

You get the rest of the protein etc from your food, these shakes are additional to food.

With my work / lifestyle i cant eat good food all the time so I take shakes + they taste nice and are easy. Even if cost was an issue this stuff is cheap.

Agreed PMan :nod:Bang some good ole fashoined calories in!

Im somewhat of an expert on adding mass :pfft: and to think that you are going to do it by adding shakes to your days food is wrong. These "mass gainer" shakes are only called mass gainer shakes cos they have a higher fat and/or carbohydrate content to them and therefore cannot be called "muscle gainer" shakes :lol: They are dietry supplement drinks with a protein content and whatever levels of fats, carbs and wonderous mind boggling ingredients added to them. I think of them as flavoured milk powder with extra protein and they are handy for topping up a meal or snack with but they are not the silver bullet or magic bean you are probably looking for to "gain mass" . I think of them as a 2-5% benefit to my regular tucker.

However, with 6-10 meals added to your day (yes I know it sounds hard and many but do you really want "mass") you can stack on significant amounts of mass over time. You have to treat eating like a job, stick to the plan, eat the right foods and amounts (it doesn't have to be clean as a whistle all the time but the cleaner you keep it, the less fat you will have to burn off later) you can do it and it will become part of your lifestyle.

If you really want mass then do the maths on your calorie needs, eat 500 above them EVERY day...this will keep you gaining but if you really want to stack it on eat a bit more "dirty" food and eat 1000 calories more than you need EVERY DAY and train hard with compound exercises. Forget the little shit you can do tricep kickbacks when your MASSive :lol: