NZ STRONGEST MAN 2009

nate225

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW ZEALANDS STRONGEST MAN 2009 - SATURDAY 28TH NOVEMBER @ THE 34th AUCKLAND HIGHLAND GAMES (Three Kings Reserve, Mt Eden Road).

Events are:

56LBS WEIGHT FOR HEIGHT,FARMERS WALK 2X112.5KG - 50MTRS,LOG LIFT FOR MAX(5 ATTEMPTS),160KG ANVIL CARRY FOR MAX DISTANCE,HERCULES HOLD - 2X117KG BLOCKWEIGHTS - 30MM HANDLES,STONES 99,114,126,139,155KG ONTO 1.2MTR BARRELS.

Gym Toughguys, Imaginary Lat Syndrome suffers & Squat Rack curlers feel free to hide in the corner and pretend you didn't see this :pfft:

For all others it will be a fun day of playing with the implements, and always has a range of competitors (complete novice to Pro's). Would be good to see some BBers there this year, anyone keen?

Nate

I wish we could have made it, because Di would have cleaned up in the women's division, but somebody went and scheduled a PL meet on the same day!

Yeah & to be honest I'd be at the Powerhouse Open if it was on another day! A great comp, I'd say the texts will be flying thick n fast between Akld & Wgtn to check up on each others results! :nod:

Events: 56LBS WEIGHT FOR HEIGHT, FARMERS WALK 2X112.5KG - 50MTRS, LOG LIFT FOR MAX(5 ATTEMPTS), 160KG ANVIL CARRY FOR MAX DISTANCE, HERCULES HOLD - 2X117KG BLOCKWEIGHTS - 30MM HANDLES, STONES 99,114,126,139,155KG ONTO 1.2MTR BARRELS.

56lb Weight for Height going for a ride!

post-2696-14166820154483_thumb.jpg

I wish we could have made it, because Di would have cleaned up in the women's division, but somebody went and scheduled a PL meet on the same day!

Yeah & to be honest I'd be at the Powerhouse Open if it was on another day! A great comp, I'd say the texts will be flying thick n fast between Akld & Wgtn to check up on each others results! :nod:

Furthermore, the inaugural Eastside Open is happening on the same day also. Some raw records will be smashed. What a trifecta of strength excellence. :nod:

Imaginary Lat Syndrome suffers

Hahaha that would be 70 percent of posters on this site!!

is this a documented disease nate?

Maybe so! A Syndrome tho, rather than a disease, although I think you can catch that shit at Les mills! :pfft:

I googled it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ILS

With a diagram even here: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/expanded ... ndrome.pdf

Furthermore, the inaugural Eastside Open is happening on the same day also. Some raw records will be smashed. What a trifecta of strength excellence. :nod:

Damn - I forgot ESB comp was kicking in as well. 3 of the most worthy strength comps on the NZL calendar! My txt will be crossing the strait as well to see how MZ, DrSq (at PH??), GF etc are going.

Damn - I forgot ESB comp was kicking in as well. 3 of the most worthy strength comps on the NZL calendar! My txt will be crossing the strait as well to see how MZ, DrSq (at PH??), GF etc are going.

I am staying in Christchurch to support the Eastside comp mate. Hoping for a big raw total! :pray:

Imaginary Lat Syndrome suffers

Hahaha that would be 70 percent of posters on this site!!

is this a documented disease nate?

Maybe so! A Syndrome tho, rather than a disease, although I think you can catch that shit at Les mills! :pfft:

I googled it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ILS

With a diagram even here: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/expanded_lat_syndrome.pdf

LMAO!!!! i know personally two people that suffer seriously from this!! i wont hijack this thread anylonger as you were men.............

NEW ZEALANDS STRONGEST MAN 2009 - SATURDAY 28TH NOVEMBER @ THE 34th AUCKLAND HIGHLAND GAMES (Three Kings Reserve, Mt Eden Road).

Events are:

56LBS WEIGHT FOR HEIGHT,FARMERS WALK 2X112.5KG - 50MTRS,LOG LIFT FOR MAX(5 ATTEMPTS),160KG ANVIL CARRY FOR MAX DISTANCE,HERCULES HOLD - 2X117KG BLOCKWEIGHTS - 30MM HANDLES,STONES 99,114,126,139,155KG ONTO 1.2MTR BARRELS.

Gym Toughguys, Imaginary Lat Syndrome suffers & Squat Rack curlers feel free to hide in the corner and pretend you didn't see this :pfft:

For all others it will be a fun day of playing with the implements, and always has a range of competitors (complete novice to Pro's). Would be good to see some BBers there this year, anyone keen?

Nate

Hey bro,

Could you take photos of each events for us? Be keen to see what it all looks like esp the stones.

Is there a under and over 105class? if so what weights are under 105 lifting?

Events are:

Nate

Hey bro,

Could you take photos of each events for us? Be keen to see what it all looks like esp the stones.

Is there a under and over 105class? if so what weights are under 105 lifting?

Bro,

Check out the Powerhouse forum for photo's from last years event.

Under 105 lift same as HW's at NZSM, kinda good as a MW has the opportunity to win the event! (Hasn't happened though but was close in 2007, MW Richard Kilgour tied points with Big Mac & Nickoli, Big Mac won on countback).

http://www.powerhousegym.co.nz/gymforum ... hp?tid=936

So NZSM, BBro, North Islands and the ESB comp all on the same day? That's crazy :shock:

In order of importance it would go:

1st equal NZSM, BBro, ESB

4th North Islands! Aka the comp no-one ever bothers going to & should be taken off the NZPF Calendar!!! :grin:

WORD.

NZSM should be good. I'll be standing on the other side of the rope and doing the public events... haggis hurl, caber and sheaf. 3 Bottles of Drambuie will be a good haul.

So NZSM, BBro, North Islands and the ESB comp all on the same day? That's crazy :shock:

4th North Islands! Aka the comp no-one ever bothers going to & should be taken off the NZPF Calendar!!! :grin:

Haha agreed, BBro edging out the rest though only cos the Spartans will be there :D

Haha agreed, BBro edging out the rest though only cos the Spartans will be there :D

I would favour NZSM with Heavy Duty Magele & Nickoli the Hammer going head to head, with Jono in the crowd half way thru his 3 bottles of Drambuie! :grin:

I would favour NZSM with Heavy Duty Magele & Nickoli the Hammer going head to head, with Jono in the crowd half way thru his 3 bottles of Drambuie! :grin:

I think the NZSM has priority and the BBro is a close second. I hope in time that the Eastside Open can be the South Island equivalent of the BBro. I still dream of a powerful raw PL federation in NZ. :nod:

In terms of the NI champs, why isn't this held at the same time as the SI champs? June/July from memory.

I think the NZSM has priority and the BBro is a close second. I hope in time that the Eastside Open can be the South Island equivalent of the BBro. I still dream of a powerful raw PL federation in NZ. :nod:

In terms of the NI champs, why isn't this held at the same time as the SI champs? June/July from memory.

BBro is an awesome comp, definately an equal to NZSM @ Akld Highland Games. Would get edged out IMO if NZSM was at Big Boys Toys like in 08, but by far the best PLing comp in NZL! ESB will step up the game for the SI for sure!

NI's have been seen as an Akld regional comp by many, no one from CDPA really attended, unsure of historical uptake tho?