Injury rant

matt.be

:evil:

Freakin snapped (yeah in two) my lower humerous bone in my arm last night! I can safely say no training upper body for 3 months, and probably another 3-6 months of rehab after that. I am PISSED :evil:

Anyone else come back from an injury like this?

Guess ill just have to build some freakish legs, bring on Smolov bitches!

/rant

my injury was a little different. Smashed my ankle. 7 bones in one go! 6 weeks in plaster (managed to avoid having it pinned) then 10 weeks rehab. i keept training what i would a made a full recovery to compete Nats the same year! power of positive thinking is a biggie! Good luck to you.

I'm similar to wif. I snapped my ankle wrestling in May 08 at the very start of a match, thought I'd just rolled it so kept walking, stomping and jumping on it... til the adrenalin wore off back stage and I was in agony. 1 week in hospital waiting for the swelling to go down so they could operate. 5 pins and a plate, 6 weeks in plaster and then another 12 weeks rehab before I was back squatting ATG on it. 1 week out of the hospital and I was in the gym 3 times a week on crutches doing upper body and abs. Had no issues since apart from the odd sore ankle after running. Train what you can and don't do anything that could set your rehab back. All the best for a speedy recovery.

my injusy was a little different. Smashed my ankle. 7 boys in one go! 6 weeks in plaster (managed to avoid having it pinned) then 10 weeks rehab. i keept training what i would a made a full recovery to compete Nats the same year! power of positive thinking is a biggie! Good luck to you.

Thanks mate, Yeah managed to avoid surgery also, that would have involved some pins, and cutting back the tricep to insert them-would have been bad news.

I'll try the one arm excercises and see how it goes, I've always been a mind over matter kind of guy, so that sounds good.

How did i do it ?

........Arm wresling a guy twice my size :oops: Muscles were strong enough to hold him off but obviously the bone wasnt, just heard a big snap and suddenly the arm went limp. :oops: Ego got the better of me this time.

just heard a big snap and suddenly the arm went limp

:shock: Are you claiming ACC? :pfft:

Good luck with the healing. Is it a spiral fracture or clean snap?

Cheers, I've paid my fair share off taxes so a few days of work may be in order. :nod:

Its a spiral fracture, which makes sense given that was the direction of the torque placed on my arm.

OH MAN!!!!!

I can feel your pain bro. I dislocated my elbow in May and had surgery on it in June :cry:

But don't lose hope. I'm competing in my first comp tomorrow \:D/

Here's how I did it.

Hope this doesn't happen tomorrow though :shifty:

All the best for your recovery!

What did it feel like beforehand any weird feeling or just SNAP? Could you tell it was stressing it?

No feeling of stress during the lift. It just gave way :cry:

But it happened so fast or I would've let go of the bar otherwise :doh:

Nasty video. Cringed when the bar landed on you, that'd be sore as a mofo too.

OH MAN!!!!!

I can feel your pain bro. I dislocated my elbow in May and had surgery on it in June :cry:

But don't lose hope. I'm competing in my first comp tomorrow \:D/

Here's how I did it.

Hope this doesn't happen tomorrow though :shifty:

All the best for your recovery!

Whoa thats pretty gnarley!

Cheers for the words of encouragement Dan.

I need to bring my legs up to size so I'll take this as an oportunity build some epic wheels.

Just like dan i had no feeling of stress on bone, it just snaped out of the blue.

Remember there is still potential for growth without working it, but working other muscles. Heavy squats will produce GH which will benefit your whole body .. not just your legs. Keep training hard and heavy and eat equally as well and not all will be lost.

Good luck with recovery