Summer Cut

drizzt

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your in drizz!

Ahh darn, she's engaged now :P

Thanks again for all of the positive comments guys (and girls), and I feel privileged to be involved in any research... whatever it is you're researching :)

Sweet, off to Sydney to get my tan on :grin:

your in drizz!

Ahh darn, she's engaged now :P

Thanks again for the comments guys, and I feel privileged to be involved in research... whatever it is you're reasearching :)

Sweet, off to Sydney to get my tan on :grin:

Sydney??!! :shock: Oh take me!!! Startingfromscratch who?? I'm not engaged :grin:

(sorry SFS... :shifty:)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, little bit of an update, I'm pretty much exactly 2kg lighter than the last pics I posted. I'm 92.2 in the photos I'm about to post which were taken 3 weeks (to the day?) after the previous ones, and this is also roughly 10kg of weight loss from when I started the cut :) Diet has been by no means perfect either - couple of boozey weekends (in Australia for one, good mates 21st for another) thrown into the mix just to make it interesting :oops: So improvements can be made and more fat shed if I want to try hard enough...

Definition is getting better and weights are going well - if not increasing, then they haven't gone backwards at least :pfft: But to be honest, I've started backing off on the loads I'm lifting on most exercises in favour of concentrating on form - many thanks go to a great personal trainer at my gym who offers to assist me every now and again when he has some time :nod: :clap: - training solo for so long has let bad habits creep into my form :oops:

I think my definition is improving steadily, so I've mashed the before/after pics together side by side for a comparison:

post-6072-1416682021973_thumb.jpg

I think the differences here are vascularity has improved slightly, abs are poking through a little more, and traps have come up a teeny bit. I've also noticed ( :shock: ) that my obliques are slightly uneven! I've not noticed it in the past because I've never been at this low BF before, but I'm beginning to notice it the more and more weight I lose. Any ideas/suggestions?

post-6072-14166820219947_thumb.jpg

This back photo I was initially unimpressed by, but then after mashing the two photos together to compare I thought the definition along my back has come along quite nicely (he says vanely :roll:). Width also looks to have improved just a tad. This again, has a lot to do with the great PT that comes and gives me tips - he's been especially helpful on back and shoulder exercises for me :D It's also not terribly noticeable in the shots (as they are a slightly different distance away from the camera - my bad) but my arms have grown half a CM :pfft: In context, though, I've dropped about an inch from almost everywhere else since the last photos, so I'm happy to have a bit of growth somewhere :) (*waits for the inevitable puns about growth and loss of inches* :roll: :pfft: )

Finally, to finish, a question. I've got Mitotropin sitting here, ready to go... but, I'm wondering if I should take it? I initially intended to take it for the final 30 days of my cut (which is basically from the beginning of next week), but seeing how low the BF has come already, I'm wondering if I need to - or even should? I'm not competing, I'm just after a nice body for the beach, and I think I've achieved that - how much further would the Mito take me I guess is the question I'm asking? I'm unsure whether I want or need to drop more fat, just "toning out" the rest of the year could be an alternative... but I'm keen to hear opinions :)

Shite this is starting to turn into a bit of a journal, intended to do one for the Mito, but may start one anyway :think:

awesome mate, yep take the fat burners 4 sure. You wanna be mean & lean/rippped dont ya, go for it!

Cheers :) I do want to, but how much more is the main issue I'm grappling with...

Holey crap Drizzt!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

What beach you hanging at this summer?? :wink:

Haha thanks again Peachy. Doing a road trip up places along the east coast, eventually arriving in Coromandel for the Gold concert :) Until then though, will be slumming it on the local Oriental/Scorching Bays :pfft:

Thanks Pseudonym :)

Diet hasn't changed a heck of a lot since I begun the cut, but I do find myself getting lazy at times when it comes to meal preparation and falling back onto a simple meal of chicken over actually spending time creating something :oops: I think I'm getting a little bored with the few recipes that I do know, any tips for dinner/lunch?

But basically in the past little while I've made a few subtle changes, like increasing fish oil tabs by 2x to 6 per day (I thought my diet could use a little extra fat), changed from WPC as my staple shake to WPI, I've allowed myself a good day of carbs once per week (usually a sunday), upped the green vegies, cut my 2nd serve of fruit out of the morning (which wasn't a conscious decision, just didn't actually notice when I missed it one day so decided to drop it).

I think I've had in mind that I've lost 10kg since I've started, so I've decreased portions in line with being a lighter person - I've actually recently experienced for the first time I can remember, not finishing a plate of food :shock: :oops: This has a lot to do with my brain having learnt what is enough, and what is overeating.

Other than that, snacks are still almonds/pumpkin seeds, breakfast is still oats/eggs/fruit, I still have a big can of Tuna or chop chop at around 11am, and I still have a casein shake at night before bed :)

As for the weights, the 5-day Mon-Fri split I've had since the beginning has stayed, but on occasion I swap body parts that I target around to different days now to keep the body guessing (and trialling what days I do what on makes boxing easier - haven't found anything yet!). I've also started targeting some smaller groups more specifically. For example I absolutely hammered traps the other day - I usually only do shrugs for traps on shoulders day (different variations from session-to-session, but), so thought it was about time they got some attention and devoted almost a whole session. So that's the philosophy with training now, maintaining what I've got, and building up what isn't there yet :) Also form, form, form is a recurring theme.

Cardio hasn't changed too much, 2 boxing sessions a week, and a spin class, but I'm slowly adding pre-breakfast jogs into the mix (when I can drag myself out of bed, which is the hardest part). So I have 3-5 cardio workouts (the jogs are quite short, but fast and hilly) which I'm looking to make a consistent 5-6 for the final 30 days. This will also help build a good base cardio level for Rugby.

Any suggestions you may have Pseudonym - if you managed to trawl through that novel :P - I'd love to hear :)

Rose sez take all the blue pillz at once, she'll record the results and post it on PooChoob :grin: Awesome science experiment wrapped in plastic! Watch the bunny go mental in the matrix :pfft:

M.T. PEAK CONDITION FACTORâ„¢

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 2 Blue Capsules

Servings Per Container: 4

Peak Condition Factor Complexâ„¢ 783mg

Ammonium Chloride Powder, Dandelion Leaf 4:1 Extract (Taraxacum Officinale), Uva ursi Extract (standardized for 20% arbutin), 8-bromotheophylline.

Other ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, FD&C Blue #1, Titanium Dioxide, Gelatin.

Rose sez take all the blue pillz at once, she'll record the results and post it on PooChoob :grin: Awesome science experiment wrapped in plastic! Watch the bunny go mental in the matrix :pfft:

M.T. PEAK CONDITION FACTORâ„¢

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 2 Blue Capsules

Servings Per Container: 4

Peak Condition Factor Complexâ„¢ 783mg

Ammonium Chloride Powder, Dandelion Leaf 4:1 Extract (Taraxacum Officinale), Uva ursi Extract (standardized for 20% arbutin), 8-bromotheophylline.

Other ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, FD&C Blue #1, Titanium Dioxide, Gelatin.

Sounds a bit... psychedelic? :shock: :grin:

Cheers MNZ, that's the physique I'm going for :D

Aaaand woke up this morning, saw the Mito on the bedside table, thought "why not?" and took a dose. I'll chuck a journal up at some point 8)