Rotator cuffs

holdenman

Ok, Ive finally worked my way up to some ok weights on flat bench and yesterday I strained my RH rotator cuff, could hardly move my arm at all last night. Although I didnt even notice something was up until a couple of hours after I left the gym.

So has anyone got any good tips for rehab/strengthening of the rotators? Also any exercises that I should avoid for a while that may flare the problem up?

hey bro, go see a physio while you still can man ha. ACC should cover it if you can name the time and place. I have a huge risk of rotator cuff problems due to years of bad training :S (kickboxing) heaps of rotator cuff stuff has to do with your back, try working your rhomboids n centre of your back and lay off the presses.. a lot of the time it happens in pushing actions like bench press, shoulder press or press ups.

hope that helps if not...google :D

hey bro, go see a physio while you still can man ha. ACC should cover it if you can name the time and place. I have a huge risk of rotator cuff problems due to years of bad training :S (kickboxing) heaps of rotator cuff stuff has to do with your back, try working your rhomboids n centre of your back and lay off the presses.. a lot of the time it happens in pushing actions like bench press, shoulder press or press ups.

hope that helps if not...google :D

I've read quite a bit that press ups are actually quite good for your shoulders?

After starting my rotator cuff exercises I've noticed a big improvement in their health.

hi

Patients on antidepressants and their families or caregivers should watch for new or worsening depression symptoms, unusual changes in behavior, thoughts of suicide, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, difficulty sleeping, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, restlessness, or extreme hyperactivity. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have thoughts of suicide or if any of these symptoms are severe or occur suddenly. Be especially observant within the first few months of antidepressant treatment or whenever there is a change in dose.

hi

Patients on antidepressants and their families or caregivers should watch for new or worsening depression symptoms, unusual changes in behavior, thoughts of suicide, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, difficulty sleeping, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, restlessness, or extreme hyperactivity. Call your healthcare provider right away if you have thoughts of suicide or if any of these symptoms are severe or occur suddenly. Be especially observant within the first few months of antidepressant treatment or whenever there is a change in dose.

Yes, I'm sure that will help with the rotator cuff issue :roll:

hi

didn't you know that rotator cuff injuries and suicidal thoughts go hand in hand? :^o

hi

didn't you know that rotator cuff injuries and suicidal thoughts go hand in hand? :^o

:lol: Silly me!

• 3 weeks later...

Good advise to seek physio help. The exercises are a little basic but serve a purpose. 4 muscles make up the rotator cuff so depending on which one you have damaged different strengthening exercises apply. Ive done subscap recently but after physio, all is good. However, the supraspinatus injury, I just carried on pushing through for years which was really stupid and it still gives me hell doing bench press. Don't wait too long to get it looked at.