NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
cantygirl

DHEA

Have any of you female body builders had any success taking DHEA. I ordered some through Health House and started taking it today. It says dose of 1 tablet per day. Is that just for Jo Blo on the street or do we need to rev it up abit more if we are a gym goer.

If you got it from Healthhouse.co.nz you didn't get DHEA you got 7-Keto. Dhea is Prescription only in NZ as it is a steroid hormone.

7-Keto, 7-keto DHEA or 7-keto dehydroepiandrosterone is not a steroid hormone and a whole world away from DHEA in its effects on the human body. It has no effect on test or estrogen. I hope you bought it for weightloss as the only effect you might get with it is enhanced fat burning if you are dieting. The evidence that it actually works is very weak and I'm not sure there are any human trials to show it does anything significant.

If you got it from Healthhouse.co.nz you didn't get DHEA you got 7-Keto. Dhea is Prescription only in NZ as it is a steroid hormone.

7-Keto, 7-keto DHEA or 7-keto dehydroepiandrosterone is not a steroid hormone and a whole world away from DHEA in its effects on the human body. It has no effect on test or estrogen. I hope you bought it for weightloss as the only effect you might get with it is enhanced fat burning if you are dieting. The evidence that it actually works is very weak and I'm not sure there are any human trials to show it does anything significant.

Agreed :nod: Lol, you wont be buying DHEA from any health shops in NZ

"Men and women given supplemental DHEA for six months showed significant increases in muscle mass without making any changes in diet or exercise. Through the DHEA plan you can achieve your optimum weight with only a moderate reduction in calories." ...

:-s Man, that shit sounds amazing! Too good to be true! I've got to get me some! :doh: Classic twisting of words/claims!

The more I google DHEA the more scarey it gets. Some sites claim fabulous benefits while others say if you've had family history of heart disease and some cancers, stay away from it. Big gamble eh!

The more I google DHEA the more scarey it gets. Some sites claim fabulous benefits while others say if you've had family history of heart disease and some cancers, stay away from it. Big gamble eh!

Who knows, sitting under a lightbulb and having a cellphone in your pocket can give you cancer. Does make your hair fall out thou

I'm not even sure why you'd bother. This stuff isn't even DHEA but a metabolite of it (i.e. a by-product; engine waste!). If your food and exercise is on track you'll burn fat.

woah I didn't see this post....

lets say that we currently all live in a different country...example The US of A ..and we got DHEA...would it even be worth it to supplement it for a male? from what I've read is that it can actually cause more of a raise in estrogen levels than test, further more it appears that it would only work on older men?

has any male here used real DHEA and got good results out of them?

Yes. As little as 50mg a day is enough to noticeably increase muscle & reduce bodyfat, however there is also an increase in estrogen which may result in a bit of bloating.

has any male here used real DHEA and got good results out of them?

Yes. As little as 50mg a day is enough to noticeably increase muscle & reduce bodyfat, however there is also an increase in estrogen which may result in a bit of bloating.

hmmm wonder how DHEA and some OTC estrogen blocker would work together

So what's new with DHEA.  I've read a couple of very interesting books on this subject lately - most recently Tomorrowland by Steven Kotler. 

Has anyone any knowledge or experience of supplementing with DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone)?

If you're not familiar here are a couple of additional articles

https://www.pharmaceutical.co.nz/dhea/ 

-  https://www.youronlinepharmacy.co.nz/information-library/12-DHEA

Unfortunately it is available through prescription only in NZ still - of course I can speak to my GP about this.  Alternatively though (and quicker & easier), it can be purchased from overseas supplement stores and shipped here.  I'm not sure however if this is legal, or whether the order will actually be allowed through customs.  What is the situation here?

Any thoughts, suggestions or comments gratefully received.

Herc