Cheap Protein?

Marcus

When eating tuna in water/brine, pasta sauce is your best friend. :nod:

It's got lots of flavour, and stuff-all calories etc in case you're dieting. I just get the el cheapo "Basics" pasta sauce from Foodtown.

1) Put tuna in bowl.

2) Mix in enough pasta sauce to make it look edible.

3) Put slice of cheese over top (this is important! If you don't, the tuna will taste dry regardless of how much sauce you use)

4) Nuke in microwave till cheese melts

Et voila - gourmet tuna. =P~

When eating tuna in water/brine, pasta sauce is your best friend. :nod:

It's got lots of flavour, and stuff-all calories etc in case you're dieting. I just get the el cheapo "Basics" pasta sauce from Foodtown.

1) Put tuna in bowl.

2) Mix in enough pasta sauce to make it look edible.

3) Put slice of cheese over top (this is important! If you don't, the tuna will taste dry regardless of how much sauce you use)

4) Nuke in microwave till cheese melts

Et voila - gourmet tuna. =P~

thats good.. but when ur on the run and just want to get it into you fast. that wont work :grin:

• 4 weeks later...

On a purely protein per $$ basis, the Elite Dymatize powder from Health 2000 is the cheapest I've found. It's on special at the mo for $74.95/2.2 Kgs, which works out to 4.1 cents per gram of protein. In comparison the Musahi above works out to 4.8 cents per gram.

Also, the Elite stuff has good flavour, good solubility.

Just went and bought some more Elite powder. $74.95. They are going to order some more, and keep it in stock by the sounds of it.

On top of that they have a loyalty card, which when full of stamps gets me $10 off the next purchase. The card is half full with just one whey purchase ($10 per stamp).

if u want the cheapest protein go too mo's shop in albany,auckland,it's called xtreme nutrition and tanning,he parallel imports all his products,hes got cheap thermos,he's got the cheapest muscletech products in the country,but the only thing is all his products are from the states,but it's alright,go there if your in aucklandu could always buy in bulk from bodybuilding.com.it's sooooo cheap on there but shippings a killer,so that sux

i used too get protein from a place called xtreme nutrition and tanning in albany,i got dymatize elite for around $75 for around 85 serves,he also has designer whey for the same price and a few other products too,he parrallel imports them so you'll find it's cheaper than n e one else

na i dont think he delivers but u could try,heres his details

59m william pickering drive,albany

ph:09448 2056

oh and btw too let u into a lil secret i order products from bodybuilding.com's store for my gf and me,and u save mega $$$$!!!!,i was bringing in products and selling them on trade me!i just bought 2 bottles of labradas charge thermos for my mrs and it'll last her 4 months and it cost me $95 all up!thats shipping included!,and over here it's around $100 for 1 bottle,so give the site a try,and for n e other supplements like multis or zma or n e thing thats not too heavy for shipping(protein is so cheap but the shipping is a killer!!)it's way cheaper than n e where in nz,i've ordered a few stuff and it normally takes between 8 and 10 days too get here,hope i have been some help

I ve ordered stuff from them before always arrives fast and so much cheaper than here. Its a shame it costs so much to send protien powder it is about half the price or less the cost it is here.

I dont know why it costs so much here, all the ingredients are localy produced. we just get ripped off i guess