Whens the best time to take creatine?

Soldat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just brought some PVL Crea maxx creatine,just woundering when is the best time to take it durring the loading stage and then after? cheers :)

when loading in the morining, before workout, after workout, then before bed

once you have loaded on workout days, before and after training (30 min) then on rest days morning evening

Does the container it's packaged in not state how to take it? :-s

Answers about Creatine loading and dosing can be found on the Creatine Information Center website.

There is also plenty of other information online, e.g.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/creatine-000297.htm

http://www.travelsmart.net/article/101405/

Why anyone would buy something before finding out about how to take it is beyond me :doh: I'm not being a hater, I just think it's piss poor to buy something you plan to ingest if you don't know the basics about how to use it :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
i take mine after my work out then before bed. thats how mine says to take it
I avoid night time doses, as I wake up midway through the night with the dry horrors.

I go for mornings. First thing. Creatine, shower, protein and breakfast. I take another pre workout (Beta Xtreme). My post workout protein shake has creatine in it (though not much).

Tried Creatine mono about 30 mins before workout today and had a really shit workout.

Wont do that again :/

Use only micronised creatine. Make sure you fully load on it for 5 days taking 5grams (about one rounded teaspoon) 5 times a day.

After that use maintenance of at least 10 grams per day, usual;ly morning and after workout.

Drink heaps of water.

Do this and you shouldnt go wrong.

I don't follow the loading dose I find it's pretty much bs and you will find you suffer more of the sides if you do 20g/day for 5days. I usually only take 10g/day (morning and night) for a week to 2 weeks then revert to 5-10g/day depending on howmuch red meat im getting in my diet. I find this approach better in terms of minimising any bloating, cramps etc that you usually get with creatine. My body seems to tolerate it better through gradual accumulation as opposed to blasting it with 20g/day a lot of which probably just gets excreted anyway.

Even if you don't follow the loading dose creatine will still maximally accumulate in your muscle albeit a little bit slower.

Avoid mixing with orange juice if you havn't eaten as orange juice is acidic and causes it to convert to creatinine faster.

Does the container it's packaged in not state how to take it? :-s

Answers about Creatine loading and dosing can be found on the Creatine Information Center website.

There is also plenty of other information online, e.g.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/creatine-000297.htm

http://www.travelsmart.net/article/101405/

Why anyone would buy something before finding out about how to take it is beyond me :doh: I'm not being a hater, I just think it's piss poor to buy something you plan to ingest if you don't know the basics about how to use it :huh:

Proper planning and preperation prevent piss poor performance. \:D/

I take creatine before I train and after I train and cylce it as well being on creatine for six weeks and three weeks off it.
I also take creatine before I train and also after I train and also cylce it as well being on creatine also for six weeks and also three weeks off it.

• 5 months later...

If you aren't already, you should try Kre-Alkalyn.

It is the best and only creatine option I will ever use.

NO side effects, NO cycling, NO loading and 10 times more effective.

Contact me if you want to know more as I wouldn't want to spam a valid link to this valuable information.

Creatines such a straight forward supplement, i dont really understand what the fuss is about. In general, you load (5 grams, 5 servings per day) and after that you maintain for around four weeks (training days 2x 5grams. before and after workouts. non training days 5grams when you want).

-dont have on an empty stomach without being with something which will result in an insulin spike

-it is not hormonal so will not mess with moods or anything

-take before and after exercise when maintaining, as this is when uptake is best because of insulin sensitivity

-creatine monohydrate is the most proven form and if that is what the best athletes in the world take, il settle for that. other forms of creatine have very little proof behind them.

-if your into saving your money there is no need for supplements such as celltech (by muscletech). these products just combine a bit of creatine with a whole heap of sugar (75grams of sugar if i remember right). sure it will work, but thats because its utilising the insulin spike from the sugar. its cheaper to buy juice or raro

-creatine is creatine!

[MOD EDIT: No spam please.]

Could you backup any of your bold claims?

10 x more effective? , what would the bennefit of no cycling be and why would you not cycle this and have to cycle others?

Have you read the study where it was proved that Creatine Monohydrate when compared to CEE and Kre Alkalyn came out tops for actaully converteing less to creatinine and where it shows Creatine Monohydrate is taken up by your body more efficiently.

:shock: Remember CEE is 400% better than regular Creatine (According to MT) :shock:

[MOD EDIT: No spam please.]

Could you backup any of your bold claims?

10 x more effective? , what would the bennefit of no cycling be and why would you not cycle this and have to cycle others?

Have you read the study where it was proved that Creatine Monohydrate when compared to CEE and Kre Alkalyn came out tops for actaully converteing less to creatinine and where it shows Creatine Monohydrate is taken up by your body more efficiently.

:shock: Remember CEE is 400% better than regular Creatine (According to MT) :shock:

I doubt that very much. Kre-Alkalyn is 100% stable. I would like to see any other creatine with a pH level of 6.9 or less and be stable, but do share.

I have study of the Bulgarian Olympic weight lifting team with a 28%+ increase in 60 days, among other things.

If you are referring to the effectiveness as merely being bulk, then yes I would agree totally.

There is NO loading or cycling for the simple fact that Kre-Alkalyn is 100% stable so your body accepts the product in lower doses and that’s why it is basically why it is 10 time more effective.. You use up to 10 times less product when NO loading and cycling applies.

This is not to mention NO side effect, like diarrhea, bloating, gas, sore stomach etc etc due to cycling and loading being nothing more than a way to force a bi-product of your kidneys into your body only for your body to have to try the remove it again. Kind of a pointless exercise IMHO.

There is nothing better than Kre-Alkalyn.. Period..

Oh yeah.. also have info showing creatine normally converts to creatinine in well under 9 minute unless it is 100% stable and the only way that can be achieved is by raising the pH level to 12 and a couple of other patented secrets.