Bench Press

weighttraining

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that I've been going to the gym on and off for 10 years now and I've been to many gyms around Wellington and Europe and only seen about a dozen people do 140 with good technique for reps.

Now all of a sudden it's common place for tiny tits to be throwing it round like it's nothing?

I'm thinking we have a few internet warriors on nzbb.

dont get me wrong bro..but after I did those last time which was just over a month ago, I was 89kg then.....my chest was screwed..I couldnt carry on doing inclines, flyes or declines...that was it..my session was over...and that was the one time..

But I guess thats the diference between strength training and bodybuilding...go back to my usual routine and I pump less weights but with more sets and reps to define my body...I find the trick is flat bench dumbells is the one to build strenth and mass on..then switch over to flat bench press once and a while and you will be amazed how much you bench with the O bar when changing from dbs...

dont get me wrong bro..but after I did those last time which was just over a month ago, I was 89kg then.....my chest was screwed..I couldnt carry on doing inclines, flyes or declines...that was it..my session was over...and that was the one time..

....and I damaged where your ribs join your spine(forget the name) and was off the bench for ages after that. I like going for a max lift occassionaly, just sometimes it doesn't quite work out.

....and I damaged where your ribs join your spine(forget the name) and was off the bench for ages after that. I like going for a max lift occassionaly, just sometimes it doesn't quite work out.

that sounds nasty bro...my chest was just pumped and sore as hell...even my tris were gone...

It's funny that I've been going to the gym on and off for 10 years now and I've been to many gyms around Wellington and Europe and only seen about a dozen people do 140 with good technique for reps.

Now all of a sudden it's common place for tiny tits to be throwing it round like it's nothing?

But I guess thats the diference between strength training and bodybuilding...go back to my usual routine and I pump less weights but with more sets and reps to define my body...I find the trick is flat bench dumbells is the one to build strenth and mass on..then switch over to flat bench press once and a while and you will be amazed how much you bench with the O bar when changing from dbs...

Please do. It would be hugely motivating for everyone else on here to see someone less than 90kg pumping out 10 reps on 140. That would put you in a very elite group to be able to do that at that weight.

These days of modern technology it's not hard to get a video so I hope others contribute as well. I don't claim to be a genetic marvel, but my numbers are solid for a natural and I have videos to back it up.

i call bullshit...post a video

if you can flat bench 6 at 120 and incline only 8 at 60 either your forms fucked or your lying your arse off

ha ha,the reason 4 only doin 8@60kgs is cause i do incline straight after flat bench & i dont have all day 2 work out!also have a spotter on 120kg. :D

if you can flat bench 6 at 120 and incline only 8 at 60 either your forms fucked or your lying your arse off

ha ha,the reason 4 only doin 8@60kgs is cause i do incline straight after flat bench & i dont have all day 2 work out!also have a spotter on 120kg. :D

I did Inclines first then flat bench and found that my flat bench failed..i could barely press 20kg dbs after doing inclines...

fine bro..let me get back to 89kgs again...

Please do. It would be hugely motivating for everyone else on here to see someone less than 90kg pumping out 10 reps on 140. That would put you in a very elite group to be able to do that at that weight.

These days of modern technology it's not hard to get a video so I hope others contribute as well. I don't claim to be a genetic marvel, but my numbers are solid for a natural and I have videos to back it up.

I did Inclines first then flat bench and found that my flat bench failed..i could barely press 20kg dbs after doing inclines...

thats why im only end up doin 4 sets of 60 on incline bench,cause im tryin to do heavy as poss on flat bench,and it uses lots of strength up.but thats how i get pumped up.dont get much time to rest between sets. :wink:

Some people have way more powerful builds than others. I have seen 2guns in the gym before at least I think it was him and he is a big guy not tall but bloody broad shouldered. With gear and solid training I wouldn't doubt he's done what he claims.

I've done 140 and I can't even claim it as a benchpress since I can't make it touch my chest probably like 2inches off nipple line. That's with a strong arch in my back with my shoulders tucked back and as deep a breath as I can muster lol.

Okay we don't have to call each other names, I think NZMM just hasn't seen it very often if at all, as we all know, seeing is believing.

I'd definitely like to see you do 140 for 10 reps, hell, I'd like to do 140 for 10 reps cos if you can do that surely you can do more for a 1RM.

Bring on the vidz guys/girls.