Bench Press

weighttraining

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just woundered how much other people lift on bench press? Heres what i did on chest tonight at the gym; bench press 20@60kg,8@100kg,7@110kg,6@120kg,3@130kg,25@60kg. Incline 8@60kgx4 Cable cross overs + swissball press ups,supersets 20kg each side then 25 sb press ups,cco&20sb press ups,cco&18press ups,cco&18 press ups Decline 9@70kgx 4. :discussion:

Hi i am 88KG. I am able to bench press 140kg 6 times. I know this is considered good if you casually but when compared to athletes is it good?

sht thats a massive bench

almost twice ur weight lol

im STUCK ON BENCH FK!

ive plateued on 70 for months now..swtichd to dbells now...plateued on that..i got weak forearms so i have alota problems getting the dbel up in the air to start with...even with a spotter..

wats a way to bust through this plateu????????

squat deadlift rows dips..alll going up.....just not bench...!!!

last week i did 3 clean reps of 70...this week cudnt even do 65 at all!!

wats wronng??

thanks

Hi i am 88KG. I am able to bench press 140kg 6 times. I know this is considered good if you casually but when compared to athletes is it good?

sht thats a massive bench

almost twice ur weight lol

im STUCK ON BENCH FK!

ive plateued on 70 for months now..swtichd to dbells now...plateued on that..i got weak forearms so i have alota problems getting the dbel up in the air to start with...even with a spotter..

wats a way to bust through this plateu????????

squat deadlift rows dips..alll going up.....just not bench...!!!

last week i did 3 clean reps of 70...this week cudnt even do 65 at all!!

wats wronng??

thanks

Do you change your weights / reps much?

Like sometimes do high reps low weight, other times low reps max weight?

Also do you work your forearms specifically? (wrist curls and reverse wrist curls) ?

Another thing that helped me up mine was going past failure occasionally, using your spotter, even if they feel like ur arms are gonna fall off get him to help you do a few more, then drop the weight and do some more. This is the hardest thing I've done, but definatly helps.

i call bullshit...post a video

if you can flat bench 6 at 120 and incline only 8 at 60 either your forms fucked or your lying your arse off

Whats it matter if he is? Nothing to be gained by lying about your lifts, unless you want to grow e-strong :pfft:

My best is 130 for 3 at a weight of 75kgs. At this time of the year I would be lucky to get 10 at 90 though :)

Im 89kg...and can get 2x sets of 140kg at 8-10reps each...but then the rest of my chestworkout fails as my chest is screwed after that...

Im 89kg...and can get 2x sets of 140kg at 8-10reps each...but then the rest of my chestworkout fails as my chest is screwed after that...

How tall are you?

Im 176-177cm

Currently I'm 88kg 5'6 was roughly 90kg 1 month ago before carb depletion (cutting for summer)

Lifts from 1 month ago

BB Flat bench 120 x 6 - 8

BB Flat bench 140 x 2 had a spotter ready & waiting which helps with confidence, failed on the 3rd

BB Decline 135 x 6 - 8

BB Incline bench 100 x 6 - 8

I've incorporated a pyramid style for the last 5 months and have plateued and am now performing high reps 12-15 with much lower weight....(feel the burn baby!!!!) will continue with this till the end of November then go back :)

It's funny that I've been going to the gym on and off for 10 years now and I've been to many gyms around Wellington and Europe and only seen about a dozen people do 140 with good technique for reps.

Now all of a sudden it's common place for tiny tits to be throwing it round like it's nothing?

I'm thinking we have a few internet warriors on nzbb.

It's funny that I've been going to the gym on and off for 10 years now and I've been to many gyms around Wellington and Europe and only seen about a dozen people do 140 with good technique for reps.

Now all of a sudden it's common place for tiny tits to be throwing it round like it's nothing?

Which gym do you go to nzmusclemonster? come to les mills hutt city around 6pm ish weekdays and you'll prolly see a few peeps under 100kg pushing 100kg in the 8- 12 rep range.

They say that if you can push 100kg (including the bar of course) for atleast 12 reps then you should be able to push 140kg atleast once.

Maybe your just weak... I used to do 140 for 12-15 reps and now im 86kgs and did it 8 times today, down and touch chest.

I didnt and still dont really think that is that great of a lift. if your on gear or have been on gear and been training properly and consistently a while its kinda the norm... dnt ya think?

Maybe your just weak... I used to do 140 for 12-15 reps and now im 86kgs and did it 8 times today, down and touch chest.

I didnt and still dont really think that is that great of a lift. if your on gear or have been on gear and been training properly and consistently a while its kinda the norm... dnt ya think?

hi 2guns :wave:

plenty of people who can bench 140 for reps dont see what the big deal is