bigmd

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not JR's comment but from the same thread:

Don't be surprised to see the New Zealand girl do well in her Pro debut.

The NZFBB promoter actually changed the rules to ensure that she got into the qualifying class, but even then she never won the class, so they just gave her a Pro card anyway.

Never underestimate politics in bodybuilding - it's not how good you are, but who you know that counts.

yes interesting, she has only ever comepted 5 time with her only win at a small regional NZ show. I beleve she got 2nd as a novice last yrs nationals and then 2nd at this yrs NZ nationals and yet she hadnt qualified for them. What do the American girls have to do to gain their Pro Cards?? definate back door entry here.

Nice find NZMM

Awarding this procard seems to have undermined the credibility of our athletes that did qualify previously. With it being so publicised ... can you imagine what the international judges will be thinking if it is being spoken about in a US general forum.

The unfortunate thing is that Rachelle may carry this stigma for sometime each time she shows. If it gets raised often the spotlight will be on the standard of athletes receiving cards over here.

Will be an interesting year ahead.

wow she came 9th congrates i eat my words like a few others well done

I am also thinking wow is right she cam 9th well done and congrats and I will have to eat words as well

Im not sure if anyone need to eat there words....???? Raechelle did really well she looked the best she has looked (my opinion) and as i said to her husband when he rang me prior to the nationals, Reachelle does possess alot of what they are looking for in the US Pro Scene. But she would have much more support and encourgment from the NZ Bodybuilding Public if she had followed the prescribed route to get to get her Pro card.

That said the rule change, the wild card Pro Card that she recived is now history, its now up to Reachelle to take what she learnt over the weekend and continue improving. and its also a chance for the NZFBB exec team to consider how it process changes in rules to ensure we dont have a repeat outcry as has happened with this WHOLE situation.

Reachelle does possess alot of what they are looking for in the US Pro Scene.

Agreed, Mike - I think a lot of people were focussing too much on Raechelle's placings in her NZFBB events (i.e. only winning 1 of 5 events), but the key here is her look if much better suited to the IFBB Pro Figure criteria than NZFBB Figure / Body Fitness. Her result at the Sacramento show is fantastic for her and for NZ bodybuilding!

.. and its also a chance for the NZFBB exec team to consider how it process changes in rules to ensure we dont have a repeat outcry as has happened with this WHOLE situation.

Yes, I also agree with this, and the concerns about the ruling (esp the timing of it) have been well and truly noted by the Exec.

And as for the "Pro card debacle" as you call it - Raechelle has performed with distinction (10th out of 26 competitors) in her first Pro show ... totally vindicating the decision to award her a Pro Card and hopefully putting a lot of egg on the faces on all the detractors out there!

Terry I took your quote from another current thread but it sits here.

I don't agree at all this vindicates the decision to change the rules three weeks out - which was MD's reason for the original thread. NZFBB Exec still made a dubious decision with about as much integrity as Hone Harawira!

As for egg on anyone's face, all those who stood up an commented about what a sham it was did the right thing, although it was largely ignored by the Exec. Hopefully people remember this when it comes to election time instead of looking for the best performing Pro to fill what is essentially a management role.

All that said well done Raechelle, making top 10 in any international competition is a huge achievement. :clap: Good luck with your future endeavours.

Terry - make NZFBB a better organisation and stand for president next election! And drag some of the more credible BBers along with you!

How about getting some clear criteria for the awarding of pro cards. Perhaps a move away from the current criteria which requires people to be a friend/relative of the president. (with a couple of exceptions)

Waiting to see how they go at a pro competition should be no justification for awarding a pro card. They should have earned it and justified it well before then.

And as for the "Pro card debacle" as you call it - Raechelle has performed with distinction (10th out of 26 competitors) in her first Pro show ... totally vindicating the decision to award her a Pro Card and hopefully putting a lot of egg on the faces on all the detractors out there!

Terry I took your quote from another current thread but it sits here.

I don't agree at all this vindicates the decision to change the rules three weeks out - which was MD's reason for the original thread.

No, Nate - I was not referring at all to the rule change, but to the criticism of Rachelle getting a Pro card which has nothing to do with the rule change. That's why I had it on the other topic and not here under "NZFBB RULE CHANGE!!". My point was she was ridiculed unfairly for having a Pro card when she has now achieved what many of our other IFBB Pro's have not done and perhaps never will - a top 10 placing in a large field (26 competitors).

I've already expressed my own disappointment about and objection to the rule change. Thank you for the vote of confidence for me to run for President, but I supported Moe to be our new President and I will continue to do so.

Thank you for the vote of confidence for me to run for President, but I supported Moe to be our new President and I will continue to do so.

LOL you just lost my vote of confidence! :pfft: Not really Terry, but Moe is a Pro BBer (and a pretty good one based on Olympia results :grin: ) and runs a number of businesses (unfortunately not as well as he sculpts muscle according to feedback lately on NZBB!). He also promotes shows and seems to spend a large amount of time overseas, which is probably all part of being a Pro BBer.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to fit well with being the head of a sporting organisation. The allegations of corruption (buying votes in this thread) and the poor leadership given the rule change decision make me wonder if he is the right choice for NZFBB? For the record I don't know Moe and don't have any hidden agendas here. I just think that if you look at the big picture the right person is needed to lead NZFBB into the future.

No, Nate - I was not referring at all to the rule change, but to the criticism of Rachelle getting a Pro card which has nothing to do with the rule change. That's why I had it on the other topic and not here under "NZFBB RULE CHANGE!!". My point was she was ridiculed unfairly for having a Pro card when she has now achieved what many of our other IFBB Pro's have not done and perhaps never will - a top 10 placing in a large field (26 competitors).

:x Im sure myself, Mike K, and Jacquie appreciate the vote in confidence, in our abilities, OR LACK OF!

Come on, big Mike - don't be so sensitive! :wink: I wish all of you the very best wishes as Professional bodybuilders - I was merely stating a clear fact than many of our Pros have yet to achieve this (top 10 placing) .... it has nothing at all to do with any lack of confidence or desire I have to see you all be the best you can be! :clap:

Thank you for the vote of confidence for me to run for President, but I supported Moe to be our new President and I will continue to do so.

That's disappointing.

You are the obvious choice to run the NZFBB, you have everyone's respect.

The same can't be said of the current President.

That's disappointing.

You are the obvious choice to run the NZFBB, you have everyone's respect.

The same can't be said of the current President.

I agree mastertel u are the man to lead the nzfbb all due respect to moe for his achievements in the pro ranks but him as president? no thanks i have witness in the past like many others him verbally abuse competiors on stage that is very disrespectful to the athletes an the family an friends who come to support them. i have never heard that sort of carry on from past nzfbb presidents like mark stuart, phil hope, peter hardwick