NZFBB RULE CHANGE!!!!!!

bigmd

Someone called a favour ... has happened a lot over the years. No sure why we are all surprised or upset.

nothing new.

So we should just continue to take it up the arse all the time?

It's about time local bodybuilders stood up to corrupt decisions.

Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it acceptable.

The commitee will never be trusted after this.

When is the next opportunity to boot them out?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone called a favour ... has happened a lot over the years. No sure why we are all surprised or upset.

nothing new.

They only just got in..

I got a NZFBB joining/voting form and was told by Moe if i come along to the meeting and vote for him then he was paying the registration fee to join up for the year. He was doing this with everyone.

I got a NZFBB joining/voting form and was told by Moe if i come along to the meeting and vote for him then he was paying the registration fee to join up for the year. He was doing this with everyone.

LMFAO - if that's not an indication of corruption what is!

NZFBB Exec is looking more like a dictatorship in a small African country than an Incorporated Society in NZL! :pfft:

Would be nice if Moe, or one of the Exec, fronted and explained the decision. Hopefully would clarify the issue??? NZFBB website would be more appropriate than on this forum, but judging from the above appropriate hasn't been an issue! :grin:

Looking forward to hearing more......

nothing new.

They only just got in..

So the corruption had started before Moe even got voted in.

All you Moe lovers have a lot to answer for.

You voted him in so as you could save a few dollars on rego fees.

Did it not occur to any of you that someone who was prepared to buy his way to the Presidency would also be prepared to do whatever it takes to get his own way?

Where are all the Moe lovers now?

The silence is deafening.

I won't join Outlaw in sledging any one individual, but it's starting to look pretty poor from the outside guys.

With dubious constitution changes and allegations of vote buying I'd be keeping a very close eye on the books if I were a member of this Incorporated Society!! (Without knowing details I'm pretty sure NZFBB have issues around stuff like this before?).

I won't join Outlaw in sledging any one individual, but it's starting to look pretty poor from the outside guys.

With dubious constitution changes and allegations of vote buying I'd be keeping a very close eye on the books if I were a member of this Incorporated Society!! (Without knowing details I'm pretty sure NZFBB have issues around stuff like this before?).

I understand that it is a committee decision, but the Head-Honcho has to take the blame.

When there are problems within the government the first person to shoulder the blame is the Prime Minister, not the rest of the party.

Football teams sack the coach when they are not winning games.

Moe is the president so he is therefore accountable for the rule change and the poor timing of it.

He got plenty of kudos when he ran his first show earlier this year, why should he not take the credit/blame for this?

Chris

I dont disagree with you on many of the reasons why you say we need to change our Figure to be in line with Internatonal figure and or the NPC figure, and this was something that i talked to many of the judges and some execs about when i returned from the US after watching a Pro Figure event. I would even go as far as saying that the athlete that seems to be in the middle of this could do very well at an international or pro level, my whole concern with this rule change is timing. You are a man of reasonable means, if you (heaven forbids) need to get a $400 to $600 on peice made in 3 weeks you could efford that extra cost, some of my clients can not, they have budget to the last $5 however if they were awear 6mths ago of this extra cost that would have been something they could have budgeted for, on the other hand i have a client who was told by one of the biggest producers of One Peice bikinis that they wouldnt be able to produce what the client was after in such short notice. rember that regional you are not required to wear a one peice. this is only reqiured at nationals.

As for waisting time qualifying at a regional with only one other competitor, thats bad luck, i have prepared many a time to end up standing on stage by myself to qualify for the next step up.

So we are semi on same pages here Chris, we both agree that figure in NZ needs to be bought into line with the international figure (which basicly is our Bodyfitness) and we then need to reconsider what is exactly our Figure for? is it what we see at the Olympia in figure (closer to our BF) or is our figure going to be a hybrid between womens bodybuilding and BF, because if some of our regional figure competitor went internationally they maybe pushed down in placings due to excessive muscle, vasularity and hardness.

:D What we need is someone who comes up through the ranks and sets a real president to what our international figure needs to present. and for the sake of doing that the more they are seen on stage around NZ the better for the sport and there profile. it would be a chance for them to show case themselves, and after coming off my 5 guest posing apperances this yr i know its a good thing for your profile.

So my only hope is that this weekend we see someone like that compete at the River City show and then follow it through to the nationals along with her counterparts that have done the same.

And as for your concerns re my judging??? my intergrity is well intact.

I have already informed the Chairperson of Judges that unless every athlete that walks out on stage at the nationals has qulified at a regional event in body fitness, i wont judge that class. if every athlete has i will judge it 100% fairly.

The athlete that seems to have sparked this rule change.... i have absouluty no reasons to be making my feelings knowen a personal attack as i like them, enjoy catching up when in Auck and both myself and my wife after sitting through the Dallas Pro event thinks has great potental, and via text I had offered to have a chat to them re this situation before the rule change. And as this athlete was already prepared to compete in the Nationals in BF (as they already had bikinis made) why dont they continue the path the would have HAD to take if the vote had turned out the other way??? the athlete in Q must have been dieting and preparing to do either the CNI or the River city before the change of rule??? UNLESS they had the heads up on the change coming :? :?

After the nationals i am more than happy to follow the rules set down by the NZFBB committee on judging, as long as every athelte has the same opportunity and time to prepare.

And as this athlete was already prepared to compete in the Nationals in BF (as they already had bikinis made) why dont they continue the path the would have HAD to take if the vote had turned out the other way??? the athlete in Q must have been dieting and preparing to do either the CNI or the River city before the change of rule??? UNLESS they had the heads up on the change coming :? :?

After the nationals i am more than happy to follow the rules set down by the NZFBB committee on judging, as long as every athelte has the same opportunity and time to prepare.

Well said Mike.

Too many questions and not enough answers.

There is certainly some pressure on this competitor to do the right thing and stick with the original criteria or be known as the competitor who had the the rules changed for her.

Its not too late to change the rules back.

that was an awesome post Big Mike.

explains everything in a very constructive way. way to go.

Figure does need to be changed, if its called figure overseas, it should be called figure here. If we are going to have a hybrid class somewhere between figure and physique then perhaps it should be called something else.

Also in alot of cases this year the overall figure winners have been bigger harder and more vascular the the overall womans physique winners. (not quite right IMO)

Figure does need to be changed, if its called figure overseas, it should be called figure here. If we are going to have a hybrid class somewhere between figure and physique then perhaps it should be called something else.

Also in alot of cases this year the overall figure winners have been bigger harder and more vascular the the overall womans physique winners. (not quite right IMO)

When you think about it, NZFBB run the risk of losing credibility some what by continuing a "hybrid" figure class when the rest of the international affiliates are already run BF classes under the same criteria. Sounds in some ways similar to the real and fake NABBA situation. However, its a pretty overwhelming theme amoung most posts that the rule change should have been made after nationals.

nothing new.

Yes I agree Outlaw but the sport is heavily dependant on local sponsors and event organisers with little to no controls in place to ensure fixing doesn't happen. If it's true that Moe was buying votes in order to gain the presidency then the other execs should have paid more attention - If it were your personal company you would notice an influx of new memberships around voting time and be able to check the bias in voting. I'm not 100% but the perception out there is that Moe is putting money behind getting profile and promotion of the fed. I'd find it hard to disagree with someone who was bank rolling so much in support of developing the fed. At the end of the day if shit was worth something, poor people would be born without arseholes and right now the recession will be factor behind what will happen to the feasability of the fed(s) over the next few years. The NZFBB historically has struggled to make money during good times - money or the bank or not.

As stated, this has been going on in the sport since time began - No matter how hard you rub you just can't polish a turd :)

When you think about it, NZFBB run the risk of losing credibility some what by continuing a "hybrid" figure class when the rest of the international affiliates are already run BF classes under the same criteria. Sounds in some ways similar to the real and fake NABBA situation. Its a pretty overwhelming theme amoung most posts that the rule change should have been made after nationals.

nothing new.

Yes I agree Outlaw but the sport is heavily dependant on local sponsors and event organisers with little to no controls in place to ensure fixing doesn't happen. If it's true that Moe was buying votes in order to gain the presidency then the other execs should have paid more attention - If it were your personal company you would notice an influx of new memberships around voting time and be able to check the bias in voting. I'm not 100% but the perception out there is that Moe is putting money behind getting profile and promotion of the fed. I'd find it hard to disagree with someone who was bank rolling so much in support of developing the fed. At the end of the day if shit was worth something, poor people would be born without arseholes and right now the recession will be factor behind what will happen to the feasability of the fed(s) over the next few years. The NZFBB historically has struggled to make money during good times - money or the bank or not.

As stated, this has been going on in the sport since time began - No matter how hard you rub you just can't polish a turd :)

I agree mate, you are telling me nothing I don't know, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Moe has the dollars and he is prepared to throw some towards the NZFBB, good on him, but does that give him or anyone else the right to change the rules on the fly?

I have already informed the Chairperson of Judges that unless every athlete that walks out on stage at the nationals has qulified at a regional event in body fitness, i wont judge that class. if every athlete has i will judge it 100% fairly.

Respect. :clap:

Respect. :clap:

Respect is right :clap: :clap:

Well, it can't be long now.

It's getting closer to the time when we find out who the competitor is who got the rules changed for her.

I wonder if anyone has guessed who it is yet? :grin:

Perhaps we could run a book on who it is?

How about you guys throw up a few names and some odds.

Maybe we could organise a prize for the winner?

Lets see who the committee has pulled a few strings for.

Bye bye NZFBB integrity.

I hope that lots of girls take the opportunity and switch.

That would certainly make it harder to work out who the special treatment girl is.

Perhaps it is for someone who is pretty chummy with the president?

I wonder who it could be - the suspense is killing me. :wink:

No doubt there will be thunderous applause when she wins her class after such a well earnt rule-change.

Thats what the sport of bodybuilding is all about - rigging a show so your mate's missus can win.

Bodybuilding at its best - well done to all of those who voted yes. :crazy:

No doubt there will be thunderous applause when she wins her class after such a well earnt rule-change.

Thats what the sport of bodybuilding is all about - rigging a show so your mate's missus can win.

Bodybuilding at its best - well done to all of those who voted yes. :crazy:

LMAO @ Outlaw, you have a way of summarising things! :clap:

wonder if this helps, quoted from go figure. and yes im sure the post nationals thread will be interesting again im sure. lots of new user names on nzbb making 1 or 2 posts.

http://www.gofigure.co.nz/doc/content/view/854/7/

We know Raechelle Chase has booked a spot in the lineup and probably be up against Karen Montague who qualified at CNI. Kristy Thomson qualified in Bodyfitness short in Wanganui.There were 3 in Christchurch but whether they will come up is unsure. We haven't seen Raechelle compete since the Thames comp last year so not sure what she'll be like but one thing's for sure Monty will have to rummage through her jewellery box if she wants to match Raechelle bling for bling! should be fun (and expensive) class to watch.

Well then that all but confirms it...one would assume it was changed for Raechelle.Kind of explains Chris Chase' obvious fervour for the rule change now...

Hopefully Chris can add his ten cents worth to the thread before he gets hung out to dry for his earlier posts, which if SM & GC are correct in joining the dots, are dubious at best.

I wasn’t going to waste my time with this but never have I ever heard so much rubbish in my life! A new rule has been past. Big deal this happens all the time and it was put forward and passed by the proper channels. The majority of committee members thought the rule change was a good Idea and I happen to agree! I’ve not heard one good reason so far as to why this rule is bad or unfair.

I don’t know the reason or reasons for this new rule but I will tell you why I think it is good for both the competitors and New Zealand body building as a whole.

and I'm not the only one who's not unhappy about this rule change I just seem to be the only one on this tread who has actually thought it through.

I don't have the answers for you. But I can believe that a figure competitor would opt to go out of their way to make a new rule that would allow anyone who had qualified in figure to compete against them making the Body Fitness Class potentially much harder to win rather than just qualify. that just doesn't make any sense to me.

Chris?