NZFBB RULE CHANGE!!!!!!

bigmd

the NZFBB Committee has just made the below rule change

NZFBB Nationals Qualification Rule Change – effective from September 22, 2009

A motion “to allow figure and body shape competitors to switch between both categories if they prefer to do so at the nationals when they qualify from either category”, has now been passed by the committee majority vote and will take effect immediately.

SHOULD THE NZFBB COMMITTEE BE MAKING SUDDEN RULE CHANGES 3 WEEKS BEFORE A NATIONAL EVENT, ON A RUSHED EMAIL VOTE THAT COULD CHANGE THE OUTCOMES OF THE NATIONALS?????

As an offical opposed to this sudden rule change with little or no input from the whole judging panel. i am interested in the thoughts of NZFBB members and athletes. on the current committee that passed this rule ONLY one is a qualified national judge. judges Jean scott, mark stewart, Kaye Oneal, Bryan Smith and myself are opposed to this change at such sudden notice. regional judge and Committee member Willy walker is also opposed, as is Committe member Terry Hills.

This rule change allows athletes that have not qualified in BodyFitness to compete at the Nationals against athelets that have qualifed at regional shows. WHY has this decision been made when it has never been bought up as a concern at any show in the last 12 mths as a concern with the judges or has been bought up at any offical NZFBB meeting. and why has it been done just prior to a National event????

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously, what are you guys doing over there?

I thought we were hopeless over here in Aust, but you Kiwi's always seem to find a way of making yourselves look even dumber than us! :?

Someone certainly has a vested interest to make this change just 3 weeks before the Nationals.

In my humble opinion and as a female competitor (not as BigMDs wife) this decision, and the timing of it in particular, sucks! :evil: It will be interesting to see who it's been made for.

Well you won't have long to find out - the powers-to-be have now made everyone aware that they are shifting the goalposts for someone, so everyone will know in a few weeks.

It really was a moronic decision.

Well you won't have long to find out - the powers-to-be have now made everyone aware that they are shifting the goalposts for someone, so everyone will know in a few weeks.

There is no logical reason I could see for this, if they have made this decision, it sets a standard for all classes, given the different standards required for each, sounds like there is a competitor that they want to see in figure - or figure competitor that hasnt leaned up enough? Either way NUTS!!! :doh:

If this was a reasonable change with good logic, surely it could wait till the end of the season, so everybody is on an even playing field with the same rules

With this logic, will the next step be males and females about to compete against each other?

Extremely poor timing, like most others on here I'd be thinking somebody has a vested interest.

All NZFBB financial members should concerned as a rule changed like this could easily flow onto other classes.

I also think that is bad timing as well to have a rule change three weeks out from the Nats

Already this year we have seen physique girls winning figure classes, and fat girls in a so called bikini class. This latest decision comes as no suprise.

The a s s of NZ Body Building is falling out (in both associations). Best move IMO is to affiliate with the Australian Circuit, just like the Warriors in the NRL and the Breakers in the NBL.

How did this change come to be proposed in the first place? Who put it up to be voted on?

An athlete who has qualified in figure but wants to compete in bodyfitness even though they have a number of other shows at which to qualify for Bodyfitness before the nationals, and with this has had the support of one or more NZFBB committee members to push it through.

As an IFBB pro and Offical with the NZFBB i am going out on a rather large limb here but i CAN NOT stand by and let this happen without bringing it to the publics attention regardless of the possible effect this may have on my position in the NZFBB

What is the rationale behind this?

They did the same with the height/weight changes for Classic

Changes should be implemented after Natonals, otherwise the goalposts are moved - and some people gain an unfair advantage over others

The lack of visible consultation is a huge cncern

Good on you Mike D, You are not alone on this and I speak for many cmpetitors in saying I appreciate you going out on a limb, you seem to be risking a lot

I''ve already mentioned I was against this latest change. But in defence of the Classic Class ratio changes, this is an official IFBB change which we are obliged to implement. The new ratios are only a subtle change and do not disadvantage competitors i.e. if they qualify under the old ratio they qualify under the new ones. It does give tall competitors (5' 11" or taller) a bit more leeway. The key things is we have to adhere to the international ratios to allow any competitor aiming for World champs selection to have a consistent set of ratios to what is used internationally.

Already this year we have seen physique girls winning figure classes, and fat girls in a so called bikini class. This latest decision comes as no suprise.

The a s s of NZ Body Building is falling out (in both associations). Best move IMO is to affiliate with the Australian Circuit, just like the Warriors in the NRL and the Breakers in the NBL.

No need for comments like this :?

As a figure competitor I too am utterly appalled at this latest rule change, particularly the way it has been pulled off. With such an important decision that affects competitors how come it wasn’t put to the wider membership for a say before being ratified. Maybe then, if it got the majority vote, the rule change could then be implemented in the NEXT competition year. This looks like a back door deal to push at all costs an individual on an agenda and bugger everyone else. The sad thing is a lot of people probably already have a fair idea what this is all about and who the players are. I reckon I could have a fairly good guess at it.

Good on you Mike D and others for going out on a limb and bringing this circus out into the open as I bet no one has had notification other than this forum and a wee note on the NZFBB website that is lost amongst all the other stuff?.

Look, at the end of the day surely a true and successful competitor is one who puts the hard yards in, qualifies and then stands up to be judged in their chosen class alongside their peers who also have rightfully earned a place. Rules shouldn’t be changed because someone has suddenly seen their competition and can’t be buggered re-qualifying in a different class. Anyway hasn’t this person still got the RiverCity Classic to be able to qualify for the 2009 Nationals in Body Fitness? Lets hope they do the right thing.

There is a common theme of discontent about this rule change - all of which I understand and agree with.

Can I please recommend that those of you who are NZFBB members to email your objections to nzfbb@xtra.co.nz. I have always personally taken on board the many posts about various NZFBB-related matters on this site, but unfortunately many of the other Execs (past and present) aren't a member of this forum or even visit this site to see what is being said. By sending an email to our official address, it will ensure this is included in inwards correspondence at our next meeting - next Sunday (Oct 11) after the Nationals.

MT which member of the NZFBB exec first proposed the change ?

What was their reasoning to the other members in its favour before it was put up for a vote ?

Sorry, mate - as this is a public forum I can't divulge on here who proposed the motion (but obviously it wasn't me!) nor what the reasoning is/was.

MT which member of the NZFBB exec first proposed the change ?

What was their reasoning to the other members in its favour before it was put up for a vote ?

Sorry, mate - as this is a public forum I can't divulge on here who proposed the motion (but obviously it wasn't me!) nor what the reasoning is/was.

Isn't the NZFBB an incorporated society? Owned by the members, how can the members find out what is going on if its a secret.

IF a member of the committee makes a proposal the truely believe in, then it they should stand up to the scrutiny of members.

Perhaps the motion should be cut, pasted and posted on the NZFBB website instead of this one, however it should be public.