omega eggs

GHOSTN

Doing the Palumbo diet?

They're supposed to be made by feeding the chickens flaxseed and stuff like that. Don't seem to be around over here, if they are I imagine they'd be ridiculously expensive for the amount a bodybuilder would be going through. You can get plenty of omega 3 from oily fish and/or fish oil capsules if that's what you want.

IMO, maybe they'd be a little bit healthier in regards to having less saturated fat or something, but I doubt your health or results would be greatly affected by using standard eggs, after all, it's the way bodybuilders have been eating their eggs in NZ forever.

Or not?

"Egg producers take advantage of consumers' limited knowledge of the different types of omega-3s. While the FDA permits claims for a possible reduced risk of heart disease linked to two kinds of omega-3s, DHA and EPA, the agency does not allow such claims for other omega-3s. CSPI commissioned a lab test that found that less than half of the advertised 350 mg of omega-3s in a Land O Lakes egg came from EPA and DHA. Yet, omega-3 eggs generally cost twice as much as regular eggs.

"The most beneficial omega-3 fatty acids come from fish, fish oil, and algae," said CSPI senior staff attorney Ilene Heller. "Even if eggs had the 'right' kind of omega-3s, they still contain significant levels of saturated fat and cholesterol, which increase the risk of heart disease.""

Oily fish 8)

hi guys, yea i do take my omega3 fish oils, it was just what was recomended for this diet and my mate in aus gets them so thought they would be here.. dosent matter ill just go for normal eggs.

Anyone had good results on the keto diet? im kinda freakin about how much fat im throwin back but no carbs so should be all good.

• 4 years later...