SHOTGUN supplements

Luigi

Big shout out to shotgun supplements

recently placed and order of creatine and protein with them on a thurs afternoon (i live in south island, believe they are based up north) order arrived fri before lunchtime.

order was well packed, well priced and they even threw in some free samples for me to try out :grin:

best service i have had so far ordering online. good job.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've also got a special on at the moment :shock:

If u place an order over 100 dollars, before midnight on Saturday you get:

1 free shaker RRP $ 9.50

1 free VPX Glucosa Cream RRP $ 59.90 RRP

1 free Muscletech protein bar RRP $ 6

1 free Musclemag RRP $ 10

PLUS a free Protein and Creatine sample

I've placed mine...

have yoou?!?!

Yep, almost placed an order with them last night, got to the credit card page and failed. Saw the email deal come in tonight after work so went back and placed my order. Stoked, $80 worth of free stuff. My first order with these guys so we will see if they live up to their rep.

1 free shaker RRP $ 9.50

I've placed mine...

have yoou?!?!

Hey Becbec, I can't see anything about it on the site, do you have to be a member? Was it an e-mail offer?

1 free shaker RRP $ 9.50

I've placed mine...

have yoou?!?!

Hey Becbec, I can't see anything about it on the site, do you have to be a member? Was it an e-mail offer?

Yup, I got an email about it

Had a look at their site, I like the prices and specials they are advertising. However, is it just me, or do they not have any information on their products? I click on pic of the product I'm interested in, and get taken to an ordering page, no info at all. Other sites I've looked at have information about their products. I guess I could research the stuff on other sites then buy from Shotgun, but it seems like a bit of stuffing around.

Had a look at their site, I like the prices and specials they are advertising. However, is it just me, or do they not have any information on their products? I click on pic of the product I'm interested in, and get taken to an ordering page, no info at all. Other sites I've looked at have information about their products. I guess I could research the stuff on other sites then buy from Shotgun, but it seems like a bit of stuffing around.

put it this way...before the internet came along people had to ring around or drive somewhere to research stuff.....must be really annoying to google shit up for info aye! :pfft:

put it this way...before the internet came along people had to ring around or drive somewhere to research stuff.....must be really annoying to google shit up for info aye! :pfft:

Point taken. Was more about making sure it wasn't my puter having a fit and that this was how it was meant to work on their site. Thanks for clearing that up

I agree Ronin - it is stuffing around, and if Shotgun want to be competitive, their website needs to have the features that other supplements sites do. You should email them and tell them what you think - I'm sure they'd welcome constructive criticism if it helps them get more orders.

I also agree about their fantastic delivery service though. On my first order I got free supplements, x2 free passes to the local gym, and a book full of info about the whole range of Optimum Nutrition Products.

Shotgun Supplements is based right here in Taranaki. Great place - we've got the Stratford INBA competition coming up on 7 November too!

I agree Ronin - it is stuffing around, and if Shotgun want to be competitive, their website needs to have the features that other supplements sites do. You should email them and tell them what you think - I'm sure they'd welcome constructive criticism if it helps them get more orders.

I also agree about their fantastic delivery service though. On my first order I got free supplements, x2 free passes to the local gym, and a book full of info about the whole range of Optimum Nutrition Products.

Shotgun Supplements is based right here in Taranaki. Great place - we've got the Stratford INBA competition coming up on 7 November too!

Shotgun have great deals and a great range of products but when it comes to presentation they could take a few notes from Punch. Shotgun on the most part have better deals and it sounds like they are very generous with freebees (I've gotten freebees from Punch only once but they were high quality).

Points to improve on for Shotgun:

1. Simplify the front page. Don't overload it with pictures of a million different products all at once? Most people go to the site knowing what they want to buy and will just click the tab that says 'protein powders' or whatever. People who come on looking for great deals will click the 'Specials' tab. By cramming the page with images it just becomes a blur of non-concordant colours and comes across as a little tacky to me.

2. After condensing and streamlining the info available on the front page perhaps they could modify the grey/red/black colour scheme and change the blocky tabs to more rounded ones. Punch does this well.

3. For the supplements themselves they could provide an actual photograph of of the nutritional info provided on the product. I never read the bullshit advertising garbage they whack beneath each product. I just want to know what it does, how much it costs and what other people think of it.

Prices are good, service is great, presentation could do with some work. Presentation and professionalism are two key interlinked aspects of a company that at first spark interest in the consumer and then encourage them to trust the company and comeback. Punch is structured very well but can't quite match Shotgun for deals most of the time. I notice the same thing with poker sites, I don't know why businesses are afraid to go out, see what the competition does well and add that to what they already provide.

I've gotten freebees from Punch only once but they were high quality

Really? Every order I've placed with them has come with quite a few free sample bits and pieces. (And I don't think they know who I am, so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting special treatment!)

I dunno Pseu, seems highly suspicious to me :P I would be interested to know if others have always gotten free stuff from Punch? It could be they only send free stuff to people spending more than $100 :shrug:

Really? Every order I've placed with them has come with quite a few free sample bits and pieces. (And I don't think they know who I am, so I'm pretty sure I'm not getting special treatment!)

I usally get freebees with my orders from Punch and from Shotgun. They both provide a great service IMO. Ummm just trying to think if I always spend over $100....I don't think sooo...

I usally get freebees with my orders from Punch and from Shotgun. They both provide a great service IMO. Ummm just trying to think if I always spend over $100....I don't think sooo...

They might have hired an investigator to find out the identities of the Site Administrator and Mods on NZBB :pfft:

Punch call me a VIP customer and send free stuff with every order.

Note sure how I got the VIP status? Probably from being sucked into buying all the supplement crap far too often. I'd hate to think how many thousands I have spent and I'm still not ripped. Only ripped off. :pfft: