Defection from the Mother Land

bar-belle

Sharp diet and training :clap: The gurls are bring it :nod: :lol:
fucken amen!

great consistency berbelle! kutgw

:ditto: :jive: Nice to see, BB

If you want to swap an EZ bar for the bb, I can't see the diff as long as you make the overall weight the same... some people find the better wrist angle allows them to work harder...there is such a thing as being too "pure" with technique :grin:

poka! :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip I am in awe of some of the female workout journals on this site :notworthy:....they are machines.

fucken amen!

Cheers mate...I've been told the last four weeks of my programme is when I will see the biggest gains and changes...lookin forward to that! :nod:

fucken amen!

:ditto: :jive: Nice to see, BB

If you want to swap an EZ bar for the bb, I can't see the diff as long as you make the overall weight the same... some people find the better wrist angle allows them to work harder...there is such a thing as being too "pure" with technique :grin:

poka! :)

Spasiba comrade :pfft:

Sometimes I do feel a bit unbalanced with the oly bar...will try the EZ bar next time and see if it makes a difference in form as well as weights. Cheers :)

Hi there Bar-belle - I missed your arrival on the forum as I was away on holiday, so welcome, and it's great to see another girl journal. As others have said, you're looking great and doing really well. I'm so impressed with you and others who have put pics up. I'm not brave enough yet, or techologically minded for that matter :roll:

Hi there Bar-belle - I missed your arrival on the forum as I was away on holiday, so welcome, and it's great to see another girl journal. As others have said, you're looking great and doing really well. I'm so impressed with you and others who have put pics up. I'm not brave enough yet, or techologically minded for that matter :roll:

Hey Chillicat..thanks for the welcome and the feedback. I'm really enjoying working out and wish I'd done it sooner. Yeah I wasn't sure about the pics as they were a bit pixelled :? . You should put up your pics...most people on this site are pretty encouraging :clap:

Nice workouts Miss BB very sharp 8) KUTGW :grin: :clap:

Oh cheers Vee :) I haven't worked out today. Plan was to do cardio but I'm really tired and sore after my last two gym sessions. So I have given myself permission to chill out today. I have a massage gift cert left over from my b'day. Think I'm gonna have to use it 8)

Tuesday 8/9

Hit the gym mid morn before doing an afternoon shift :)

Bar-belle Squat: Smith Machine

8 x 15kg

8 x 20

8 x 22.5

Stiff-Legged Deadlift:(including 10kg bar)

8 x 30kg

8 x 30

8 x 32.5

Leg Extension:

8 x 25kg

8 x 25

8 x 30

Lying Leg Curls:

8 x 20kg

8 x 20

6 x 25

Standing Calf Raises:Smith Machine

8 x 17.5kg

8 x 20

8 x 25

Lying Leg Raises:

3 sets of 15 reps with 4kg ankle weights

Exercise Ball Crunches:

3 sets of 15 reps

Reverse Crunches

3 sets of 10 reps

Food:

B/fast: 2 weetbix, 1/2 c LF yoghurt, 1/2 c super trim milk, 5 egg whites

Mid Morn: Protein shake

No Shotgun pre workout

Cell Mass post workout

Lunch: Tuna, 2 rice cakes

Arvo: Protein Shake, kiwifruit

Dinner: 100g cooked mince (fat drained) with steam broccoli, 1x LF yoghurt

Calories for the day: 1125

Food today:

B/fast: 1 c cooked oatmeal, 2 tbs LF yoghurt with milk, 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg. (Of which my nearly 2 yr old scoffed about half :) she has a liking for eggs...bodybuilder in the making :lol: )

Mid morn: mountain bread with tuna,avocado, hummus.

WW black forest bar (mmm what a treat)

Lunch: Tuna with corn thins (2), salad greens, 1 kiwifruit

Arvo: Protein shake

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast,1/2 capsicum, 1/2 c mushrooms, 2 tbsp LF yog

Calories for today around 1200.

Lookin forward to a good nights sleep and hopefully DOMS will get the message and bugga off :lol:

Auf Wiedersehen :wave:

ARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Now that's out of my system. Today I learned a very important lesson.

ALWAYS WARM UP AND STRETCH PROPERLY :doh:

Was looking forward to my workout after my day of rest. Did a short warm up on the rower as programme today was Dips and Pullups etc. Plan was to do 1-2 unassisted and then rest of the set spotted. First dip down and I felt my pec R side let go but carried on with 7 spotted.. by this stage was not a happening thing :( . So finished with 2 sets of using assisted machine 8 x 55kg and then 8 x 45kg

Pullups:

Thought I would be ok but ...1 set of 8 spotted... I couldn't do anymore my R side was just too sore. Needless to say I was gutted. Felt like havin a wahwah :pfft:

Got a telling off from TP :shock: for not warming up properly....from now on he's in charge of my warmups :oops: . Showed me some more stretches and got me to do some light Lat work.

So the rest of my workout was:

Lat Pulldown:

10 x 20kg

15 x 20

15 x 20

15 x 20....just nursing it along :cry:

Lateral Raises:

warm up with 3kg DB

8 x 4kg DB

8 x 5

7 x 5

Tricep Pushdowns:

warm up 20lb

8 x 50lb

8 x 50

8 x 50

Cable Curls:

warm up 20lb

8 x 50lb

8 x 50

8 x 50

Couldn't do Exercise ball crunches as it hurt to get my arm above my head so did 1 armed :? Ab Crunch Machine with 20kg weight.

3 sets of 15

Left the gym kicking myself a bit. Oh well build a bridge and all that :lol: Voltaren is my friend. :pfft:

Food today so far:

B/F: 1 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 tsp wheatgerm, 1/2 cup trim milk, 5 egg whites

NO Shotgun pre workout

Cell Mass post workout

Lunch: Tuna, mountain bread, avocado wrap and 5 egg whites

Arvo: Chicken breast and veges

Dinner will be: Pita Pizza with f/f ham, mushrooms, capsicum and olives.mmmm can't wait.

довиждане :wave:

Well don't think my pec strain was as bad as I thought it was. What a drama queen :pfft:

Took a couple of Voltaren yesterday and it was heaps better. Hit the gym bout lunch time...made sure I warmed up on rower and then spent the time doing stretches and it paid off :)

Deadlift:including bar

Warm up.. bar only

8 x 20kg

8 x 30

8 x 32.5

8 x 32.5

Leg Press:

6 x 75kg

8 x 82.5

8 x 90

Dumbbell Lunges:

10 x 6kg DB's

8 x 7

8 x 8

Seated Calf Raises: (leg press)

8 x 82.5kg

8 x 90

8 x 97.5 :snap:

Dumbbell Shrugs:

8 x 10kg

8 x 10

8 x 10

Decline crunches:

3 sets of 15

Ab crunch machine:

3 sets 15 (25kg)

Leg raises

3 sets of 10

So there ends the weights for week 5 of the lean, sexy woman workout :lol:

Next couple of days will be cardio (HIIT) in the gym if the weather is crap otherwise will beat the feet with the tribe in tow.

Consumed today:

B/fast: 1 c cooked oatmeal with 1tbs sultanas

4 eggwhites

Mid morn: Protein shake

Lunch: Tuna, 2 rice cakes

Arvo: 4 eggwhites turned into a mountain bread egg wrap

Dinner: WW version of shephards pie, kiwifruit, 2 tbs LF yoghurt.

Todays food stats: Protein 106, Carbs 124 (a little high must have been the shep pie :naughty: ), Fat 30.9, Calories 1205.

Ma'as salaama :wave:

:shock:

Well done on the calf raise!!

Cheers B :) I'm a work in progress... trying to get some definition on my outer calf muscle

Well don't think my pec strain was as bad as I thought it was. What a drama queen :pfft:

Lol :pfft: You and me both :roll: :pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

:lol: just checked out your journal...good to see the knee is ok :nod:

Good news re pec Bar-belle. Almost half-way through at 5 weeks, how're you feeling? :)

Thanks Rose :D . Yeah I'm feeling like I'm making small gains each week and really enjoying what I'm doing!!! The other day was like shyte what will I do when my 12 weeks is up. :shock: Haven't come up with a plan yet but working on it. I'm in this for the long haul :nod:

Quiet weekend for exercise for moi

Saturday was a chill out day with a short stroll round the block...cold and bleak day :(

Consumed macros 140g protein, 83g carbs, 13g fat and 1048 calories.

Today was minties...sun shining, the sea like a mill pond... 8) felt inspired to do some cardio

Weighed in today and was just under 55kg so have lost about 700g since last weigh. Have decided to up my calories a bit now cos I dont' think it would be healthy to lose any more for my frame and the thought of a bit more muscle is quite appealing :P

Gonna have to change my head space a bit tho cos I have been pretty calorie and carb obsessed :doh:

Any hoo... today did 45 mins cardio consisting of 5 mins X trainer, 5 mins rower, 20 mins bike and 15 treadie. Oh and my little personal victory for the day was... I did Plank for 80 seconds and then another 60 seconds \:D/

Weights tomorrow yaye :D

tofa

Forgot to add my food for the day today :doh:

B/F: 1 cup cooked oatmeal, 100g LF yoghurt,1 tsp wheatgerm, 1/2 c milk, 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg

Lunch: Teriyaki tuna, mountain bread, 1 tbs hummus, 10 almonds, 1 kiwifruit

Arvo: 80g Turkey breast and crackers

Dinner: 125g Chicken breast with 2 tbs rice, 90g coleslaw, 1 tbs cottage cheese, 100ml soy milk

Calories a whoppn 1395 :roll: see gettn my head around the increase slooowwly :)

Over and out :wave:

Weighed in today and was just under 55kg so have lost about 700g since last weigh. Have decided to up my calories a bit now cos I dont' think it would be healthy to lose any more for my frame and the thought of a bit more muscle is quite appealing :P

Gonna have to change my head space a bit tho cos I have been pretty calorie and carb obsessed :doh:

Oh and my little personal victory for the day was... I did Plank for 80 seconds and then another 60 seconds \:D/

tofa

Great results, Bar-Belle - and welcome to the dark side, with your decision to add a bit of muscle.

The bad news is, the calorie and carb obsession doesn't go away.... :naughty:

And nice planks - 80s +60s, that's the way to do it :clap:

Hasta manana

Oh and my little personal victory for the day was... I did Plank for 80 seconds and then another 60 seconds \:D/

tofa

Great results, Bar-Belle - and welcome to the dark side, with your decision to add a bit of muscle.

The bad news is, the calorie and carb obsession doesn't go away.... :naughty:

And nice planks - 80s +60s, that's the way to do it :clap:

Hasta manana

Cheers for the feedback TFB. I think I'm gonna like the dark side :twisted: . Haven't worked out yet today but gettn ampted thinkin about it. :nod:

Hasta Manana...wasn't that an ABBA song :pfft:

:nod: Marathon. Yay and yay! Eat more! Woot! It's the answer to everything, including the meaning of life :pfft: 8)

Will do my very best to stuff some more calories in so I can grow...just a little bit :pfft: Meaning of Life..have you seen that movie..classic just cracks me up :lol::lol:

Great planks! I can't do 2 in a row like that! :clap:

yay for adding more muscle! \:D/

Thanks Vee.. I must admit I was watching the second hand on the clock willing it to move faster... :pray:

tight diet :clap:

Pales in comparison to yours tho :pfft: