Fat loss? Help!

tiny

Hi! I'm new here and I am not a body builder, but I must say, I'm what people would call a fitness freak.

I'm 21, I've always had a problem with fat loss and I've been going to gyms on and off for about 5 years now, and the last 2 years, I've gone at least 2-4 times a week. I'm a student, so I've been taking Horley's Sculpt because it's cheap and delicious. I don't eat badly... I've got a really healthy diet and have wholegrain cereal for breakfast, lean chicken/tuna for dinner with some bread and salad, no soda etc etc ALTHOUGH, I do have KFC every 3 weeks as a treat.

I'm pretty short (5'1), 69 kgs, size 10 (if that matters) and I'm just stumped as to HOW THE HECK do I loose any more fat.

As of this week I do....

3x15, 30kg chest press

3x15, 40kg shoulder press

3x15, 70-80kg leg press

", 42kg leg widening thing that works your inner thighs

20 minutes treadmill, random hill setting on level 12 on speed intervals

10 minutes crosstrainer, random setting on level 14.

I workout every other day after classes usually.

I usually up the reps/weights/resistance every week, but sometimes my body can't take it and I feel faint etc.

So, anyone got any tips? Bear in mind, I'm content with my body (and self esteem crushing masochist motivation techniques aren't really me), but I'd like to improve a bit.... Thanks!

Hi! I'm new here and I am not a body builder, but I must say, I'm what people would call a fitness freak.

I'm 21, I've always had a problem with fat loss and I've been going to gyms on and off for about 5 years now, and the last 2 years, I've gone at least 2-4 times a week. I'm a student, so I've been taking Horley's Sculpt because it's cheap and delicious. I don't eat badly... I've got a really healthy diet and have wholegrain cereal for breakfast, lean chicken/tuna for dinner with some bread and salad, no soda etc etc ALTHOUGH, I do have KFC every 3 weeks as a treat.

I'm pretty short (5'1), 69 kgs, size 10 (if that matters) and I'm just stumped as to HOW THE HECK do I loose any more fat.

As of this week I do....

3x15, 30kg chest press

3x15, 40kg shoulder press

3x15, 70-80kg leg press

", 42kg leg widening thing that works your inner thighs

20 minutes treadmill, random hill setting on level 12 on speed intervals

10 minutes crosstrainer, random setting on level 14.

I workout every other day after classes usually.

I usually up the reps/weights/resistance every week, but sometimes my body can't take it and I feel faint etc.

So, anyone got any tips? Bear in mind, I'm content with my body (and self esteem crushing masochist motivation techniques aren't really me), but I'd like to improve a bit.... Thanks!

Can you put up a more detailed list of your daily nutriton please.

Welcome, Tiny. Ignore the idiots. :)

As Specter says, post up what you eat in a day, and we'll see if we can help.

Yes, I am a girl, hence putting this in the ladies room.

Okay! Here's my diet.

I always use low/no fat or low sodium options where applicable...

Breakfast:

A protein shake with banana and maybe a piece of wholegrain toast with half a teaspoon of margarine. I might pick up a medium latte twice a week.

Lunch:

*Grilled chicken/salmon on ciabatta/wholegrain bread,

*thin slices of cheese on bread

*tuna and mayo always with salad and water with juice of half a lemon (apparently it reduces GI or something... meh, it tastes good) and I might have a cup of tea afterwards too.

Dinner: I only have dinner 2-3 times a week so I'll have a protein shake (only if it's after a workout) and grilled red meat or marinated chicken of some sort and salad and a slice of bread, followed by a cup of tea.

On the weekends I might have a Wendy's frozen yogurt and some eggs on toast. And of course my KFC 2 piece quarter pack every three weeks which usually cancels out lunch and dinner for that day... usually because I'm too busy.

Welcome, Tiny. Ignore the idiots. :)

As Specter says, post up what you eat in a day, and we'll see if we can help.

Yes, I am a girl, hence putting this in the ladies room.

Okay! Here's my diet.

I always use low/no fat or low sodium options where applicable...

Breakfast:

A protein shake with banana and maybe a piece of wholegrain toast with half a teaspoon of margarine. I might pick up a medium latte twice a week.

Lunch:

*Grilled chicken/salmon on ciabatta/wholegrain bread,

*thin slices of cheese on bread

*tuna and mayo always with salad and water with juice of half a lemon (apparently it reduces GI or something... meh, it tastes good) and I might have a cup of tea afterwards too.

Dinner: I only have dinner 2-3 times a week so I'll have a protein shake (only if it's after a workout) and grilled red meat or marinated chicken of some sort and salad and a slice of bread, followed by a cup of tea.

On the weekends I might have a Wendy's frozen yogurt and some eggs on toast. And of course my KFC 2 piece quarter pack every three weeks which usually cancels out lunch and dinner for that day... usually because I'm too busy.

Hi Tiny! I think a few changes would help:

Ditch the bread and eat every 2-3 hours so have a morning tea and a afternoon tea.

Brekkie: keep the shake +banana and eat these on waking

Morning tea: have some protein like meat or some protein powder in some oats

Lunch: ditch the bread the rest looks good

Afternoon tea: again have some protein, like tuna or meat or at least a protein shake

Dinner: HAVE DINNER! have protein and veges

After workout have a protein shake always!

If you eat small meals every 2-3 hours it will keep your metabolism going and you won't be hungry.

Hi tiny and welcome

do you drink at all

i know a lot of women have a few wines in the weekends and this is excess calories that can be avoided as well.

a few drinks might not seem much but can hamper progress

also like someone else suggested try changing your routines around a bit might kick start weight loss

ditch the kfc...your only addicted to the taste...seek a healthy alternative as a cheat meal like home made skinless chicken in bread crumbs baked in the oven

So, no naughtyness, even if it's only every 3 weeks? I know people thinner than me who have pies every other day.

Hi tiny and welcome

do you drink at all

Thanks! Nope, I don't drink as I can't stand the taste.

You might this article helpful

I checked that out. Very interesting! Actually I talked to a trainer yesterday about HIIT and he designed me a new routine which has left me sore today in half the time, so we'll see how things go with that. Cheers guys/girls.

• 3 weeks later...

Really great! The scales aren't really showing much other than the fact that I've lost a kilo, but I've lost an inch and a half off my mid section and thighs over the last week and a half :shock: :shock: from my 45 minute HIIT training. Getting stronger a lot quicker too and upped my reps twice over.

BUT, I sprained my ankle quite badly while walking around the mall (I know hahahaha...I promise I wasn't drunk or wearing heels) yesterday so I don't know how long I'm going to be out of action... :cry: or should I be out of action at all?

Really great! The scales aren't really showing much other than the fact that I've lost a kilo, but I've lost an inch and a half off my mid section and thighs over the last week and a half :shock: :shock: from my 45 minute HIIT training. Getting stronger a lot quicker too and upped my reps twice over.

BUT, I sprained my ankle quite badly while walking around the mall (I know hahahaha...I promise I wasn't drunk or wearing heels) yesterday so I don't know how long I'm going to be out of action... :cry: or should I be out of action at all?

yay for the missing centimeters, well done!

Yes, you can train with a sprain... all those lovely upper-body exercises. But if you mean cardio, again if you strap it (or use the sorts of elastic bandages that a chemist sells) there are options that you can take.

The one pitfall to avoid is the "sitting on the couch with the doughnuts feeling sorry" pitfall... you really don't wanna have to start-over! (oh, and I know that one :oops:)

Good results! Bad news about the sprain! Can you walk on the ankle or are you dying? :)

Cheers! Well, I WAS dying on Monday. I'm pretty okay with pain, but I was almost in tears that night, but I'm sweet as now. Just a bit of stiffness in my calves.

The one pitfall to avoid is the "sitting on the couch with the doughnuts feeling sorry" pitfall... you really don't wanna have to start-over! (oh, and I know that one :oops:)

Hahaha! You're an inspiration. Though, I'm not one for doughnuts and I've hardly been home this week to get to the gym, let alone sit on the couch... but I know what you mean! I did have a steak pie though. :twisted:

Is it just me or should she be eating more often, looks like some days you have 2 meals or so?

Try and get in 4-5 small meals, it may feel like your eating all the time but it keeps your metabolism going. Small meals may help get rid of that KFC also.

Or dont Women need to eat :pfft: