"Let athletes use drugs" Story on 20/20

Agent

yeah well ive had to go to a an e due to a drunken accident and was treated fairly humourisly but when i visited thinking i may have had an abcess in my glute i told the nurse what the inj was and she said "you should be ashamed of yourself"! this world is backwards

for a second there I thought you were saying you had switched to e's due to a drunken accident :pfft: ...

... and don't you know to tell the nurse you accidentally sat on you scorpion fish whilst cleaning out your aquarium :roll:

:P

You mean like we control alcohol, cigarettes and under age sex? controls are not effective when 10 to 15 year olds are out friday to sunday smashed and finding their way into hospital emergency rooms. And we can point the finger at parents and other social controls but it wont stop accessability.

Government controls normally start with increased levies and taxes > this is why both tobacco and alcohol are never going to become "banned" or "controlled" substances ...

If weed or steroids were mainsteam - and you could easily install infrastructure to milk taxes from those who want to use them -- then you wouldn't have trouble getting it to be legitamized. Weed is grow easily in everyones backyard, closet --- caravan on the back of the section :shifty: .... where as tobacco doesn't do too well over here - so you can add revenue controls :nod:

Not having a dig ... just my opinion :)

Good points - however personally I think cigarettes and alcohol are much more dangerous than gear or weed. They are controlled poorly, educated poorly, and overly consumed.

Legalizing it, will allow the government to make money off it, and enable them to pour money into the education of these drugs.

No your right, NZ has a massive problem with underage drinkers. However I don't think that they alcohol is controlled properly by the government. Cheap RTDs and other liquor is marketed towards those with little money - you can get smashed for $10 if you want...is it any wonder we have this problem?

You mean like we control alcohol, cigarettes and under age sex? controls are not effective when 10 to 15 year olds are out friday to sunday smashed and finding their way into hospital emergency rooms. And we can point the finger at parents and other social controls but it wont stop accessability.

Government controls normally start with increased levies and taxes > this is why both tobacco and alcohol are never going to become "banned" or "controlled" substances ...

If weed or steroids were mainsteam - and you could easily install infrastructure to milk taxes from those who want to use them -- then you wouldn't have trouble getting it to be legitamized. Weed is grow easily in everyones backyard, closet --- caravan on the back of the section :shifty: .... where as tobacco doesn't do too well over here - so you can add revenue controls :nod:

Not having a dig ... just my opinion :)

Good points - however personally I think cigarettes and alcohol are much more dangerous than gear or weed. They are controlled poorly, educated poorly, and overly consumed.

Legalizing it, will allow the government to make money off it, and enable them to pour money into the education of these drugs.

No your right, NZ has a massive problem with underage drinkers. However I don't think that they alcohol is controlled properly by the government. Cheap RTDs and other liquor is marketed towards those with little money - you can get smashed for $10 if you want...is it any wonder we have this problem?

:-s Maybe if you home brew (in which case the govt is uninvolved) but you can't get smashed off $10 worth of RTDs?

Certainly won't if nobody lobbys for it!

There was talk in an earlier forum re how UK ? laws are more relaxed

Somebody in Govt must be making/reviewing these laws what is required if it is wanted to legalise is for submissions to be made.

preferably by a sporting body?

Obviously putting your name to something like this may lead to increased scrutiny ( who said big brothers watching!)

Truth be known probably reading this forum anyway.

Certainly won't if nobody lobbys for it!

There was talk in an earlier forum re how UK ? laws are more relaxed

Somebody in Govt must be making/reviewing these laws what is required if it is wanted to legalise is for submissions to be made.

preferably by a sporting body?

Obviously putting your name to something like this may lead to increased scrutiny ( who said big brothers watching!)

Truth be known probably reading this forum anyway.

Try finding an MP that would back steriod legalisation......

Steriods are bad in the public eye and that would mean bad publicity for the mp and their party.

Thats true for the main stream partys but we should never forget that the MPs are "our" elected representatives.

That is they are supposed to be working on our behalves.

Write a letter to your local MP and put it to him/her and see what response you get.

You maybe surprised (SWAT team kicking down your door :pfft: )

Could possibly get a response or referral to the relevant people departments.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I'm living over seas so no use me writing, plus at this stage I'm not fussed but who knows in a couple of years may want to make the move to "enhanced"