training when unwell

liftathomeguy

Hi everyone. I have a question. I am meant to train this evening, and I REALLY want to, but I have a pretty nasty cold/flu/whatever-it-is. I'm training one-on-one with a PT NOT in a gym, and I've asked my trainer if he wants me to stay away, and he doesn't. So my question isn't about infecting anyone else, but more about is it good or bad to train when you are under the weather as I am? I've heard that a hard workout temporarily impacts your immune system. I don't mind just toughing out whatever bug I have, but I don't want to make myself even more sick and have to miss out on even more training in the long run. Any advice?

Hi everyone. I have a question. I am meant to train this evening, and I REALLY want to, but I have a pretty nasty cold/flu/whatever-it-is. I'm training one-on-one with a PT NOT in a gym, and I've asked my trainer if he wants me to stay away, and he doesn't. So my question isn't about infecting anyone else, but more about is it good or bad to train when you are under the weather as I am? I've heard that a hard workout temporarily impacts your immune system. I don't mind just toughing out whatever bug I have, but I don't want to make myself even more sick and have to miss out on even more training in the long run. Any advice?

Yeah, first of all..training with a cold/flu/whatever u have is a no no.....second of all...your trainer is a muppet for saying not to stay away....but its your body... :roll:

Training hard impacts your body's immune system to a degree and makes you more susceptible to getting sick. A flu is not going to get worse from training though imo, your body will recover in practically the same amount of time as it would if you didn't train.

Dude you might have swine flu! I'd stay at home and watch telly in bed. Best to train when you are 100% and can make the most of it imo :nod: You're not going to shrink in one day :naughty:

I doubt he has the Swine Flu or he would know about it and if he was going to rest it would be for more than one day I'm assuming. I can't stand losing gains lying in bed but there is the ethical issue of going to the gym when your sick and potentially infecting other people and thats not really fair...

thanks guys. The bad news is I really feel crappy. The good news is, because of the bad news, AND your advice. I'm gonna stay right where I am in bed.

That decision is never easy! :D

Yes but pointless if your sick and put more of a strain on the immune system and go putting your germs on all the equipment getting everyone else sick

Definitely stay at home. The immune system needs to focus on attacking the invaders. You dont want teh body to be trying to repair muscle damage as well.

sucks a big one, but you have to let logic take control. Take time off and let your body recharge. Does good once and a while to lay off anyways...

Hi. I'm looking at doing a 10 wk cycle of testosterone proprionate - 1ml a week. I'm 34, 5'9 and just under 80kg. Upper body is okay, but of course I want more size, and I really need to work on my legs (which are too embarrassingly skinny for me to show you all!) I've been training on and off for years, and very seriously for the last 4 months or so. I train 4 x a week, and eat pretty well (can always do better there, but yes I do know what I SHOULD be eating and I'm not too far off). Is this cycle a good idea, and what kind of results can I expect? Any particular side effects to watch out for with this one, and do I need to take that stuff at the end to get my natural test levels back?

i noticed you posted this in the steroid section, are you already using - could possibly be test flu you are experiencing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...