What has your gym done for you lately????

Lowfat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won some tickets for Friday's rugby game from my gym today - yay!

Well done! Mind you, my hope's that Otago ends a 52-year drought and lifts the Ranfurly Shield :shifty:

me too.... :nod:

Sorry to disappoint you two but thats just not gonna happen. :twisted:

Well done! Mind you, my hope's that Otago ends a 52-year drought and lifts the Ranfurly Shield :shifty:

me too.... :nod:

Sorry to disappoint you two but thats just not gonna happen. :twisted:

Certainly hope not. Though we're a lot of good men down, with so many out with the All Blacks. Not sure how many Otago All Blacks there are though.

as much as i'd love to see the blue and golds pull it off, i don't think they will. one current all black returning from injury and a league convert in the pivotal roll doesn't bode well. unfortunately they are seriously lacking talen/game breakers.

however, i'm prepared to be proven wrong and to eat my words.

sorry to hi-jack :grin:

What has my gym done for me? Hmmm...sweet F all. I have been there for a while now and I am definitely not impressed. I am going to see a new trainer tomorrow because every program I have been put on hasn't done anything for me and hasn't targeted the areas that I want to target. DOn't get me wrong, the trainers there are friendly and great people but their routines suck. I was told they were personalised for each individual member and so far most of the other members I have talked to have the same work out as me and we are all different sizes! As far as rewards and stuff go for referring etc, we don't get anything. I do recall though when I first joined one of the girls showing me around and she did say "When you refer someone onto us you get a reward". I have referred a few of my friends and they have given that exact same girl my name and what have I got? NOTHING. If the gym wasn;t so damn close to my house I would be looking elsewhere.

My gym has kindly allowed me to get stronger, faster and get in better condition, all for the huge sum of $250 per year!

I appreciate the fact that they have 4 squat racks, 2 Oly platforms, boxes, bands, chains, cambered bars, safety squat bars, steel logs, tyres, sleds, football bars, a GHR, good DB's up to 65kg and more plates than I can use! Oh yeah and a full noise hydraulic adjustable scrum machine lol :?

Can't say I'd complain that they don't give me a free bag, shaker bottle or running shoes. I pay to train, they provide a great facility that allows me to achieve my goals.

I wouldn't train anywhere else.......... except at PowerHouse if I lived in Welly! :grin:

Why do people put up with average gyms? There is a gym to suit everyone (especially in larger centres); for those that are complaining why not go find one that better suits your needs?

Nate

What has my gym done for me? Hmmm...sweet F all. I have been there for a while now and I am definitely not impressed. I am going to see a new trainer tomorrow because every program I have been put on hasn't done anything for me and hasn't targeted the areas that I want to target. DOn't get me wrong, the trainers there are friendly and great people but their routines suck. I was told they were personalised for each individual member and so far most of the other members I have talked to have the same work out as me and we are all different sizes! As far as rewards and stuff go for referring etc, we don't get anything. I do recall though when I first joined one of the girls showing me around and she did say "When you refer someone onto us you get a reward". I have referred a few of my friends and they have given that exact same girl my name and what have I got? NOTHING. If the gym wasn;t so damn close to my house I would be looking elsewhere.

Hahahaha!!! Man your PT must be shit if there routine doesnt work! This one PT I had...after two workouts, I honestly looked way different! It was mean...a pity that PT moved out of Auckland.