Dirty Gyms...

Sheta

He went out into the gym saw the mess. It was literally a line of puke from the squat rack (weight not unloaded - now that's a whole other gym no-no :D) to the bathroom, and in the sink. This guy didn't even bother to get to the toilet bowl!

I believe this gym member was never seen there again :)

eek2.gif What an idiot, just leaving his chunder out there for someone ELSE to clean up! He could've at least helped. Grosssss!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He went out into the gym saw the mess. It was literally a line of puke from the squat rack (weight not unloaded - now that's a whole other gym no-no :D) to the bathroom, and in the sink. This guy didn't even bother to get to the toilet bowl!

I believe this gym member was never seen there again :)

eek2.gif What an idiot, just leaving his chunder out there for someone ELSE to clean up! He could've at least helped. Grosssss!

What a total nut or :crazy: I have had to walk around puke in the men's changing room at my gym after some guy barfed on the floor of the men's changing room. I did not see at the time thank god but I do remember talking to one of the trainers about it and it stunk out the men's changing room

Think, stats say that 50% of people dont wash there hands........

Imagine what that bar, dumbell, or machine has on it. You proberly end up just as dirty at the end of your session as the people making the mess.

Spew,

Crap,

Urine,

Dildo juice

all on that bar, haha just to name a few.

Think, stats say that 50% of people dont wash there hands........

Imagine what that bar, dumbell, or machine has on it. You proberly end up just as dirty at the end of your session as the people making the mess.

Spew,

Crap,

Urine,

Dildo juice

all on that bar, haha just to name a few.

im allways hittin up the hand sanitiser for that exact reason.

like, dudes taking a dack and not washin their hands afterwards saying, and i quote "i diddnt get any shit on my hands"....MATE!! i couldnt give two fucks what your perception of events were when you were cleaning your shitty arse, its just common practise to wash your skanky assed hands after you give birth to an aussie! jeez. and peace of mind for people like me who witness you coming outta the shitter after laying one. :evil:

faaarkin-elle

An amusing and entertaining thread however...keep it in perspective. There would be more germs on the door handles at your place of work, handrails in a public place and the the buttons you press for pedestrian crossings...given they're used by a more general cross section of the population vs Gym goers who are (mostly) health and hygiene concious.

The issue is more about what gyms actually do a decent job (if any) of cleaning their equipment/facilities.

The cleanest I've come across is Waiheke Workout. They're anal about cleaning the gear/rooms every night.

-iZ.

An amusing and entertaining thread however...keep it in perspective. There would be more germs on the door handles at your place of work, handrails in a public place and the the buttons you press for pedestrian crossings...given they're used by a more general cross section of the population vs Gym goers who are (mostly) health and hygiene concious.

-iZ.

I agree - the buttons on the eftpos machine freak me out so I hit them with my knuckles!

-iZ.

I agree - the buttons on the eftpos machine freak me out so I hit them with my knuckles!

Oh shit I never even thought of those :doh:

-iZ.

i walked into a dairy once and went to use the keypad, and there was a big black pube lying across the whole pad like fucken norts and crosses!

i walked into a dairy once and went to use the keypad, and there was a big black pube lying across the whole pad like fucken norts and crosses!

:pale: :puke:

-iZ.

Some tips for those germ-o-phobes out there:

EFTPOS Keypads:

When the teller swipes the card, make sure you get it handed back from them BEFORE entering your PIN. Then, use the edge of the card to press down on the slimey, snot encrusted buttons. It can be a bit harder on some keypads (hard shiny buttons) but with practice you can master it.

Doors:

When you have to open a door by it's handle use the inside of your little finger and palm (easier for lifters who will have strong fingers). You'd be surprised but you don't use your little finger that much for handling other things during the day so transference of nasties is at least more limited.

When you can open a door by pushing it, raise your arm up above your head and push on the door with your knuckles or face of the hand.

Public Handrails:

Just don't use them!!

This are some simple practises I've adopted over time and I swear it's reduced the frequency of colds and flus. However you can't be to anal about this because if you analyse all the things you touch/handle during the day that could transfer germs you'd end up OCD (ala Howard hughes).

-iZ.

Or...you could just not worry about it and enjoy life :pfft:

I'm sure someone said on here somewhere they thought constant exposure to germs etc gets the body used to it hence you don't get sick as often. True or not it makes sense to me :wink:

I can't remember the last time I was sick and have spent the last week with a extremely fluey wife, the power of positive thought maybe? haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading this thread and it has made me laugh. Strange Story: I used to go to Club Physical in Wellington. One of the trainers told me that there was an incident were a guy was in the sauna alone minding his own business. Another guy came in and asked him to keep a "look out" and proceeded to stoke himself into a frenzy in the dark corner. The other guy just sat there mute and looked horrified. There are some weird people out there.

was about to take a dump at au gym 1nce after a hard training sesh...and as i stepped in to my suprise sum1 had shaved either their pubes and/or back and there was hair all over the floor...went in 2 the next 1 and found the same mess :doh: :x ...was frikkin disgusting...nearly pukt stuf was every wea.!

Apparantly one of the biggest transferers of germs is money. Especially coins. Think about it, some of them are decades old and have been handled by literally thousands of people in thier lifetime. Sick people, people who dont wash thier hands after going to the tiolet, coins that may have been lying in the gutter amoungst rubbish or whatever. And in all the years they circulate through those thosands of hands knowbody ever washes them. They just continuosly gather up more and more microbes as the years go by.They did some swab tests on a doco on discovery and found that out of everything we use (handrails,public phones, public toilets, door handles etc)

money had the highest bacteria count by far, simply because it is never washed and spends alot of time in dark pockets and purses after being handled by sweaty hands. This apparently is the perfect enviroment for bacterial growth.

Which just goes to show what a great job the pharmaceutical industry has done in hoodwinking the majority of us into believing 'Germs' are bad. Since we're not lying in our sick beds due to being in contact with coins. The fact of the matter is you are exposed to millions of microbes every minute of the day. With every breath you inhale all manner of fungi, bacteria and viruses. In fact your body has more than 2,000 different species of bacteria living in it or on it at any one time. You are nothing more than a walking bacterial colony since your body contains at least 10 times more bacterial cells than human cells (it just happens that bacteria are a lot smaller).

It is now widely excepted that our obsession with cleanliness is at least partly responsible for the huge increase in allergic diseases. Known as the Hygiene hypothesis it basically states that our lack of exposure to infectious agents early in life prevents the correct development of the immune system with the result that the immune system fails to distinguish good from bad.

Obviously washing hands after using the toilet and prior to handling food etc makes good sense. What doesn't is inflating the profits of pharmaceutical companies by buying into their 'all bugs' are bad campaigns and covering yourself and your house with a chemical soup that will probably do you more harm long term than the bugs you're trying to kill...