NZ is third fattest nation

Pseudonym

When you say time restraints.budget restraints and kids whining and wanting sugar loaded breakfasts i believe these are all excuses

Agree with you entirely - they're what those without knowledge, or discipline, use to defend their weakness...

Like Startinfromscratch said

nzers just need to harden up

But, is there no ground in the middle to help turn this problem around, apart from Evolution - fat people will die first and die out, only the lean will survive?

I really believe that some early education/ prevention/ community support will be cheaper in the long run than the cure...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......Education is basically a joke because its not about what we know,its more about what we do.

Income support was a big failure because it allowed families to send their kids to McDonalds every day.

The only way around this is to start child abuse proceedings against those who continually overfeed and badly feed their children. It comes as a result of pure laziness on the parents part and creates massive health problems.It is therefore abuse in the same or worse sense as beating them.

It is Maoris and Polynesians which put us near the top of the stats. If you remove them we would be way down the scale.

Hmmmm.... If we remove the colonising Pakeha who infected Aotearoa with a lazy Western lifestyle and with processed foods full of crap that lead to obesity then we wouldnt have the problem that we have in our society today.

A traditional Maori diet consisted of lots of exercise and completely natural and organic unprocessed foods.... how quick we are to forget how life was like for Maori before Pakeha came.....

A traditional Maori diet consisted of lots of exercise and completely natural and organic unprocessed foods.... how quick we are to forget how life was like for Maori before Pakeha came.....

In the past everyone ate natural, organic food and were far more active. It wasn't colonisation that changed things, it was modernisation.

It is Maoris and Polynesians which put us near the top of the stats. If you remove them we would be way down the scale.

Hmmmm.... If we remove the colonising Pakeha who infected Aotearoa with a lazy Western lifestyle and with processed foods full of crap that lead to obesity then we wouldnt have the problem that we have in our society today.

And killing and eating a few tasty Morioris along the way

This morbidly obese man walks past my work every day with two pies in his hand. Sometimes I get the urge to go up to him and say "do you really realise what you're doing to yourself? To the economy for that matter?".

Gives me the rage. Perhaps I should be a little more understanding.

Yes of course, I forgot it is always somebody elses fault. Theres no such thing as personal responsibility!!!!!!

mhkr wrote:

It's amazing there are idiots out ther with this attitude. Have you ever heard of willpower or is it just European colonisation that forces you to stuff those burgers down your throat. Of course we made you take up alcohol and smoke as well. Thats funny because I don't feel the necessity to do these things or has my body grown immune to it?

Interesting article about the Maori diet before Europeans arrived.....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/archived-stuff-s ... ero/565552

Interesting indeed...think they cooked them hangi style or just ate them raw?

....yeah right! how do you like your bacon and eggs?

can mhkr be nominated for the Ramy award this week.

....yeah right! how do you like your bacon and eggs?

can mhkr be nominated for the Ramy award this week.

now now children..lets not turn this into a race issue.... :pfft:

So ignorant...are you forgetting that Europeans used to practice cannabalism too?

the way i see it its not a race issue

people can blame the colonising white man,economic issues or aliens if they want

i think it comes down to willingness to change habits and lifestyle discipline and having pride in appearance.

but im a white guy with a job so i have no one to blame anyway.

omg, colonisation is to blame! ahaha! if thats true il buy one of those $500 maori adoption papers, and then il tell everyone i shouldnt need quals to go to uni because colonisation made me too lazy to acheive at school.

hmm while im at it i might attempt to punch out the prime minister and say its due to the oppresion of my ancestors.....

oh wait, im getin a bit off topic now....

whitey out!