new bikini class? nzfbb

trinityau

This is old now - i was in this bikini class and thanks to Moe it has now motivated me to take a look at my figure, join the gym and use a personal trainer!!!!! I admire the hard work and effort that is put into the training and even more so now that i am in the gym myself. So my week now consists of 10 hours hard dancing and 8 hours full on gym work. The bikini class for me was a positive move - gota start somewhere. :P

thats awesome and congrats on yours progress

i just want this thread to be over

This is old now - i was in this bikini class and thanks to Moe it has now motivated me to take a look at my figure, join the gym and use a personal trainer!!!!! I admire the hard work and effort that is put into the training and even more so now that i am in the gym myself. So my week now consists of 10 hours hard dancing and 8 hours full on gym work. The bikini class for me was a positive move - gota start somewhere. :P

That's great Brunette2, and this thread kinda went off on a tangent.. but I'm still wondering - when you entered this class, what were the judges judging you on? Is it more on your looks/proportion? If you have too much muscle are you marked down? :? I'm a bit confused, it seems like the lines are starting to get blurred between the figure/bikini/shape categories.

Just to clear confusion, I'm not asking out of malice or disrespect, its more 'cos I'm thinking of getting into figure, and want to know what the differences are in judging criteria.

Thanks for that. Yea it did go off a bit. When i entered i entered as a bikini contender, i would never have entered as a figure as i am not that lucky just yet to have a figure like that. (But it will come) I understand that we were judged on just that (bikini figure's) so i take it they would of been looking for shape etc to a certain degree.

I think everyone needs to stop criticising the girls who were in the bikini comp. It is so offensive to read peoples comments about the "standard" of the girls who were in it and the effort they put in or lack thereof. I completely understand if you are against the class being apart of bodybuilding as I myself am not sure it quite fits. And if it is it should definately be renamed because no one seems to know what the criteria is and all the womens classes wear bikinis anyway. I was in the competition and a standard week for me is running 40km, plus 6 hours of dance classes and 3-4 sessions at the gym. Im not muscular because i choose not to be. But i defininately train hard. The only thing I would do differently next time would perhaps be paint my self orange.....

I think everyone needs to stop criticising the girls who were in the bikini comp. It is so offensive to read peoples comments about the "standard" of the girls who were in it and the effort they put in or lack thereof. I completely understand if you are against the class being apart of bodybuilding as I myself am not sure it quite fits. And if it is it should definately be renamed because no one seems to know what the criteria is and all the womens classes wear bikinis anyway. I was in the competition and a standard week for me is running 40km, plus 6 hours of dance classes and 3-4 sessions at the gym. Im not muscular because i choose not to be. But i defininately train hard. The only thing I would do differently next time would perhaps be paint my self orange.....

May be hard to do - but I don't think any of you should take the comments to heart. It was just the shock of it if you know what I mean. It would be like re-introducing a GTR skyline back into bathurst. It's still a fast car but it's quite a bit different. It takes a lot of courage to get up on stage - either dance or bbing > and I think for the most part when people talk about bikini comps they normally associate it with seedy beer halls and wet t-shirts.

So I think the mixed response on the forum was a measure of those of us that were trying to understand how you judge a bikini physique in the same context as one of the current female genres and those guys that turned up expecting g-strings and water pistols.

By the way - what were the tracks you guys used during the routine - I have been trying to locate the second track since I saw the show :doh:

See, you choose not to be muscular, which is why you shouldn't be in a BB comp (bikini included).

Well done on the training though, you definitely do train hard.

Is there really no room in NZ bb for a class for women who choose to be healthy, fit, still within recognised bodyfat norms for general well-being, but who don't want to be shredded?

With Physique class for those who do aspire to be ripped and built, and Figure, is there really no scope to incorporate 'bikini' criteria into one of the current classes (whether it's called Bikini, Shape, or Fitness Model, or whatever) Can the sport afford to turn away potential members?

I'm with Opti - we don't need a class that panders to the

seedy beer halls and wet t-shirts
mob, but if these women aren't into either of the other two categories, would it be a hardship to find a way to include them? What's the worst that could happen?

At best, BB'ing would promote healthy body image, good nutrition and exercise practice to a demographic that needs it, and potentially later those folks would migrate to other classes.

Hey Burnette

What gym are you at??

I got a private post from trintityau saying she wasnt trying to offend anyone - unsure y she just didnt post it for all to see after all she started this whole last month grizzzzle again. Haha.

On a new note:

I so enjoyed dancing for Tiki Taane on Saturday. He's so cool. Leon said him and his sisters were blown away when they saw the dance.

Is there really no room in NZ bb for a class for women who choose to be healthy, fit, still within recognised bodyfat norms for general well-being, but who don't want to be shredded?

With Physique class for those who do aspire to be ripped and built, and Figure, is there really no scope to incorporate 'bikini' criteria into one of the current classes (whether it's called Bikini, Shape, or Fitness Model, or whatever) Can the sport afford to turn away potential members?

I'm with Opti - we don't need a class that panders to the

seedy beer halls and wet t-shirts
mob, but if these women aren't into either of the other two categories, would it be a hardship to find a way to include them? What's the worst that could happen?

At best, BB'ing would promote healthy body image, good nutrition and exercise practice to a demographic that needs it, and potentially later those folks would migrate to other classes.

AGREED!!!! I think this class will definately do that - promote a healthy body image to women, and encourage them to train and eat well. It encourages a healthy lifestyle that is maintainable.

I myself would like to compete in this class. The bikini class in bodybuilding competitions is growing overseas and NZ needs to keep up, check out this organisation

http://bodyproud.ning.com/

The competitors in this organisation train very hard and look fabulous in my opinion.

However, I have seen that the title for this class on the poster for the IFBB show in September is "Cat Walk Model Class", and may not be giving the best representation of what this class is about. Aren't cat walk like fashion models - very small and skinny?

Wouldn't the name "fitness model class" be a better representation? Implying the competitors need to be fit and have some muscle definition, or maybe just bikini class to be consistent with other IFBB shows with this class... ?

I myself would like to compete in this class. The bikini class in bodybuilding competitions is growing overseas and NZ needs to keep up, check out this organisation

http://bodyproud.ning.com/

The competitors in this organisation train very hard and look fabulous in my opinion.

attachment_8.jpeg.... Bugger .... COLD SHOWERRRRR !!!! ... helen clarke ... helen clarke .... helen clarke :shifty: :pfft:

Yeah some of the bodies on this site you can see they are training ... is only going to take more time for the class to gain momentum - but a clear guidline needs to be set by the Fed > ... it's kind of a concern that it's being trialed wthout any consistant controls around the world.

He's getting a little excited and was using the image of Helen to calm himself down. Dirty boy. :pfft:

Oooooooh :pfft:

You just THINK that's what he was doing :shock:

Just threw up my egg whites...helen clarke in a bikini...screw you optimass! :pfft:

trinityau wrote:...usually bikini competitors put in alot more effort before a comp :clap:

LOL - And alot less effort in the gym!! Its a goddam bodybuilding competition!! For goodness sake! This ain't goddam Baywatch! No wonder Outlaw refuses to have this class at his shows. What the hell is going on in the world? I've got an idea. Why don't we have a participation class? Even better still - a class where competitors can go on stage in their clothing - curtsey to the judges - then piss off! And please don't tell me that it helps getting more people on stage and opens the doors up for more competitors. It makes bodybuilding look like a joke. If it sounds that I am being negative - so be it - but I won't apologise for what I believe should be kept on the beach and not on a competitive bodybuilding stage. Right - where is that orange bathing suit ummmm...

LOL.............awesome post Anne, I agree 100%.

Over here in Australia its got very skanky.

We have girls rocking up in suspenders, lingerie and school-girl outfits for their 'Themed' round.

It's just down right embarrassing and is disrespectful to every bodybuilder who has busted their arse to compete at a legitimate sporting event.

Might as well turn it into wet T-shirt comp and be done with it.