BSc Triandrobol

Pseudonym

I've just spent 8 weeks on ZMA and BodyScience's Triandrobol which, despite the steroidal-sounding name, is basically just tribulus with a pretty label. I chose it because BSc seemed like a more trustworthy brand (although I don't know why I think that). It helped that it was a bit cheaper than other comparative products.

Here's what BSc says about it:

Scientifically formulated and granulated to contain naturally occurring steroidal saponins for athletes and body builders who need to maintain peak physical condition. Best used during times of physical exertion. Triandrobol Tribulus is a standardized extract containing not less than 60%of furastanol saponins calculated as protodioscin. Tribulus is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine as a tonic to strengthen and enliven body, boost energy reserves and promote general well being. Red Clover helps to regulate hormonal imbalance. Helps to maintain healthy connective tissue and joints. Wild Yam acts as a nervine, helping to tone the nervous system. May relieve some symptoms of muscular cramp or spasm associated with training and physical exertion. Helps to improve appetite and digestion. The active components of Triandrobol are steroidal saponins.

Ingredients - per capsule

Tribulus Terrestris fruit & root 2500mg (equivalent saponins to 60%), Trifolium pratense (Red Clover) 2500mg, Dioscorea opposita (wild yam) tuber 625mg

I took it with ZMA because I thought that the zinc in ZMA was a key ingredient required for the body to produce testosterone. I didn't want the Triandrobol to be wasted just because the raw material wasn't there. Having said that, I've just read the ZMA article on Wikipedia, and it seems a 2006 study showed no increase in testosterone levels - so maybe the ZMA was a waste of time.

Unfortunately, I didn't take blood tests, so all I've got to measure it by is what I could see. Here's what I saw:

- Reasonably early on (maybe weeks 1-3) I saw a few tiny zits pop up. Nothing major, but I seldom get acne now, so it was unusal enough to notice.

- Increased libido? Well, yes, but that's something so easily affected by placebo effect I'd rather focus on, um, "harder" evidence. (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

- Increased weight and strength. Yeah, definitely, although I've finally improved my diet, so it's hard to know if it's not just that. Better pumps than I've ever seen before though.

- Increased navel fluff. Bugger it, but I swear I'm hairier now than when I started. I had my tummy lasered a few years ago, and although the hair had gradually been coming back, it hadn't returned to the stage where navel fluff collected. Until now. :evil:

I played with dosage a bit, but settled on 3 capsules per day (I'm 89kg). I took it before bed, on the theory that I was taking the ZMA then, and overnight is when a lot of the hormonally, recovery-type, growth-type stuff happens. Again, I've just found BodyScience's FAQ which recommends (on purely anecdotal evidence) taking it shortly before a workout. D'oh! Next time.

And I'm impressed enough with it that there will be a next time. I'll just have to put up with the tummy lint.

Hey mate, pleased to have a read about this - I am considering adding this to my arsenal for a bit to go side by side with ZMA also... so I've got a few questions for you if you don't mind kind sir.

I've just spent 8 weeks on ZMA and BodyScience's Triandrobol
Was this a few bottles worth?
Tribulus Terrestris fruit & root 2500mg (equivalent saponins to 60%)
So this is a massive serving right? Im assuming this is comparative to a standard Trib product which is 750mg (give or take a bit) - and not only that but a standard Trib has a lesser smaller % of furastanol saponin level right?
Increased libido? Well, yes, but that's something so easily affected by placebo effect I'd rather focus on, um, "harder" evidence.
.. So you definately saw an increase in libido? This would be a bigger reason for me adding it to my stack, so keen to hear if it made much difference .. without you needing to get TOO graphic haha :naughty:

Glad to hear your experience has been mostly very positive; just a brief background for you about BSc and for those that aren't aware, BSc have been my sponsors for over a year now, and we are very fortunate to have Jo Stewart on board, along with the Warriors and the Phoenix.

BSc started off originally as a Tribulus only supplement brand and have always prided themselves on having the highest quality and strongest levels of active ingredient in the product. As a supplement distributor they are the exclusive stockest in all Rebel Sport store's in Australia, have recently expanded into the UK, France and Germany.

Recently BSc have entered strongly into the Kompression garment industry with a huge roar, again taking the approach of producing the best products to improve athletic performance. This is why you will see the majority of the NRL teams and their trainers in them, personally I have achieved PB's on some movements wearing the leggings without knee wraps.

This is a SPORTS PERFORMANCE company, NOT a health supplement company, the primary goal being to help ATHLETES of all areas improve.

Not only sponsoring Bodybuilders, League Teams (State of Origin, 9 NRL teams and the World Champions Kiwis who have been on the books well before the big win), & Soccer Teams, BSc also support World record Swimmers, Rip Curl Surf team amongst many others.

Derek and Kyle at BodyPro in Albany are BSc stockest and Triandrobol is their Number 1 selling Trib product, and has been for a long time, all products are availble through them including the Kompression garments.

Alternatively Health 2000 store stock some of the range also.

My personal must have product from Bsc for bodybuilding is NitroVol post workout shake, and the Myocytin Creatine is something out of this world.

We will investigate the development of a Veetandribol hair removal creme for you Pseu also.

My personal must have product from Bsc for bodybuilding is NitroVol post workout shake, and the Myocytin Creatine is something out of this world.

We will investigate the development of a Veetandribol hair removal creme for you Pseu also.

They look like a couple of excellent products for after comps. Too high in sugars for now.

Has the hair removal been developed or in the process of?

The Veetandriobol is being developed in secret location in North Korea away from UN inspectors, it is only for use around the belly button area as in Pseu's case. Expected RRP is $250 a pot, I can get you a tube already but as it is still in development stage I will disguise it as a tub of marmite and requires application every 2 hours for 7 day.

PM if your interested, MAF may be listening!!!!!!!!

TGD - Yeah, it was two bottles worth. One bottle = 30 days at 3 caps a day = $67.

Now, there's not actually 2.5g of Tribulus in every capsule (the bottle would weigh nearly half a kilo if there was). It's "extracts equivalent to" rather than the whole plant itself. The label does go into more detail though:

Tribulus terrestris fruit, root, whole plant - 2.5g

(standardised to furastanol saponins calculated as protodioscin 43mg)

Hope that makes more sense to you than it does to me!

As for the libido, I'm sadly girlfriend-less, so any increase was wasted on me. Give it a go though.

Michaelk - I had a feeling someone was sponsored by BSc, but I didn't know who. For the record, this was not a sponsored review - I had to buy my own. Perhaps BSc can sponsor me for the Veetandribol. :P

The Veetandriobol is being developed in secret location in North Korea away from UN inspectors, it is only for use around the belly button area as in Pseu's case. Expected RRP is $250 a pot, I can get you a tube already but as it is still in development stage I will disguise it as a tub of marmite and requires application every 2 hours for 7 day.

I read on the interweb that they nicked the formulation from the Chinese who were using it to make copies of those hairless cats.

I read on the interweb that they nicked the formulation from the Chinese who were using it to make copies of those hairless cats.

We can neither confirm or deny, other than to say that the lab is in the Young Sac province in the very north near the Chinese boarder where hairlessness is greatly revered.

• 1 year later...

MichaelK - can you tell me why BSc have red clover in what looks like a test booster. Isn't red clovers main effect on estrogen enhancement hence its use for the treatment of symptoms of menopause.

best answer when I don't know is to say...I don't know, but I will find out and post the answer for you on this thread.

Good things are worth waiting for, with BodyScience releasing the new Triandrobol ZMA 2.0 the time was right for an overdue answer.

Yes Triandrobol is a test booster/hormonal health product, the inclusion of Red Clover is not as a test boosting ingredient but for its health properties. Studies have shown very positive responses in testing on prostate, liver function, quality of life, and sexual function in men.

The addition of ZMA is because of the synergistic effect of Zinc in the testosterone production processes.

Triandrobol ZMA 2.0, coming to New Zealands premium supplement outlets this month.