Last minute journal...

waxmistress

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more photos. Some aren't very clear, so I included a couple of each. Some were today, one or two were the other day. Any comments would be most appreciated :nod:

Legs are looking good! All those heavy squats are paying off! Looks like you've got long legs, how tall are you?

You can see the linea alba in your abs, and you've almost got that six pack happening!

With the rear double biceps, try turning your wrists a little so that your palms turn slightly towards your face instead of facing each other. This should give your biceps a bit more of a peak - works for me anyway! Likewise, make sure you're pushing the bottom arm upwards in your side chest pose to create more of a peak in your biceps there too. It looks a bit more like you're doing this in the darker side chest pic. Great back width in that pic too, by the way - go those chin ups! (and you look like you've got a small waist too, which always helps!) Nice chest shape too.

The 'sad triceps' pose :) I think the triceps look fine, just remember to keep your shoulder rolled back as well, so the whole area looks a bit bigger.

Good luck!

Very nice! I took the liberty of brightening a few of the darker photos for you. I think the original lighting wasn't showing your tris and delts to best advantage - I find lighting is critical for those of us with "sad triceps". :D

In the side chest pose, some girls hold their hands with palms open, like a clap. I'm not sure whether this is required or not, though. Perhaps Char_k could explain?

You're looking good. The tummy's looking lean, even if you haven't quite got the abs showing as much as you'd like (have you considered taking an ab-thigh pose for us?). Like the others have said, legs and back are looking particularly hot! :nod:

Thanks everyone - I was feeling a bit pathetic as I was quite depleted by then (Jono - hopefully the delts will come back with some carbs today!)

Carb up is going ok, feeling a bit odd (maybe that's all the sugar).

I'm working a half day today, then going to practice my routine and posing for the afternoon in between tanning...

I did take an abs and thigh pose, but you couldn't see any of my abs - that's one I'll be working on today! I'm a bit of a "last-minute preparation" girl... "Crammer" if you will. Worked for me at uni, but probably won't be quite so lucky here! :banging:

I'll try to get another pic up this afternoon once the tanning is underway (and I have some carbohydrate filling me out!) I was very worried when I got up this morning as I looked like I hadn't been to the gym in a year! haha

Well, comp is over and I must admit I had a lot more fun than I was expecting to! I didn't do very well (3rd place - out of 3 :pfft: ). However, I don't feel too bad about it because the other two girls had competed quite a few times each (one of them came 2nd in the NABBA Nationals in shape) and so I was the only real novice up there! They were also both personal trainers and what else do they have to do but train and eat!

Unfortunately my condition was a bit mistimed and I came in a lot leaner for the evening show, but I guess you can only learn these things by trying them. I also couldn't pump up effectively because they had all the heaters on in the room and I kept thinking I was going to pass out from the heat. But I really enjoyed the whole experience and I know I'll kill them all the next time I step up. I actually felt a little disappointed that I didn't come second. I felt my muscle mass was better and my condition similar to the girl that placed 2nd, so not sure why, but these things don't always go your way!

One of the judges came up to me afterwards and told me that I would do really well if I came in a bit leaner - which I was aware of (I was under no illusions that I was lean enough to win!) - but was nice to know that other people could see it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics. I will try and scan some photos in when they arrive.

Thanks to all of you for your support - it was definitely worth getting up there and doing it, and I know where to change things around a bit for next time!

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! Hope you have had a relaxing (and yummy) last few days.

Take care of yourself and your diet in these next few weeks. Have heard lots of stories about females going off the rails after their first comp, so make sure you have a plan for your eating and exercise. It'd be a shame to let all that hard work go to waste.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Yeah, I have been a little bit careful - I'm so paranoid about piling it all back on! I had pizza for dinner on Sat, however I could only fit in two pieces before I was so full I had the hiccoughs all the way back to auckland! Since then I've been pretty good, and reintroducing carbs slowly. Trainer thinks that if I haven't been piling it on so far then I'm probably not going to. Also didn't appear to retain any water which is great. I have kept the 4 pack ever since the morning show - Why do they mock me! :huh:

Well, comp is over and I must admit I had a lot more fun than I was expecting to! I didn't do very well (3rd place - out of 3 :pfft: ). However, I don't feel too bad about it because the other two girls had competed quite a few times each (one of them came 2nd in the NABBA Nationals in shape) and so I was the only real novice up there! They were also both personal trainers and what else do they have to do but train and eat!

OMG! I just saw the results on the NZFBB website. Is Lee-Anne Wann the trainer from Downsize Me? And Teresa Edwards has competed in both figure and shape for NABBA. If she looked anything like she did as a novice figure competitor in 2004 then you would have had some pretty stiff competition! :notworthy:

Yeah, they each had between 5 and 7 competitions under their belts I think. Teresa had leaned down from the NABBA nationals to compete. She was going to do body fitness I think but didn't as she thought you had to have a one piece. I think she'll go to the nationals in body fitness though. She was really lovely, and I hope she does well.

OK, now into the building phase in preparation for next year's annhilation of the novice class.... Although, probably going to have to change federation as I think I'd be classed as an open competitor with the NZFBB having placed at a regional comp. (I think it should only be if you win a regional)

Anyway, did some shoulders yesterday

BB Clean & Press

3 x 15 @ 20kg

1 x 10 @ 22.5

2 x 8 @ 25

1 x 6 @ 27.5

1 x 4 @ 30 - was quite happy with this, esp after all the other sets! :pfft:

Arnold press

1 x 12 @ 8

1 x 10 @ 10

1 x 6 @ 12.5 (not very good at these yet)

Cable cross lat raises

1 x 12

1 x 10

1 x 12 all at 1 plate (I'm trying to build my strength with these)

Rear delt flyes (machine)

3 x 12 @ 40lb

Cable crunches - 3 x 15 @ 7 plates (whatever that is!)

I'm pleased to report that the 4 pack still exists - I am confident that I will have a 6-pack for next year! 8)

Yeah, odd that you're classed as Open if you place in the top three at a regional NZFBB comp. For NABBA I think you're a novice until you win a contest, or place in the top three in the nationals. Did you qualify for the nationals with your third place at the CNIs?

Think my shoulders are about the same strength as yours. I'm doing lat raises on the cable crossover at the moment too. Have just progressed from one plate to one plate plus a small DB on top - can't quite manage two plates yet!

Good luck with your mass building. That's what I'm working on at the moment too. Any date in mind for competing next year?

I might look at doing one earlier in the year - maybe March if I can find one. There might be an INBA one around then, or the Sonny Schmidt if I wanted to go open. Or the earliest NABBA one that there is near Auckland...

Just got to focus on keeping everything trucking along between now and then so I don't have as much fat to lose for the comp...

I did qualify, but I wouldn't have been ready in time.