Last minute journal...

waxmistress

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, just to let you all know that I'm still here, just trying to recover fully from this virusy thingee. felt really crap the last two days and have been off work, stuffing myself with vit c, and slowly improving. Have completely laid off everything yesterday and today, back into some light weights/cardio tomorrow, then going to the nationals on Sat so will probably have another day off.

Diet was a little off yesterday, but hopefully my system was too busy warding off bugs to convert anything to fat! :)

OK, well had a pretty chilled out weekend, still feeling the after effects of the flu/virus/whatever it was. Didn't do any weights over the weekend, not because I felt crap, but because it happened that way. However, I don't think it was a bad thing as I am only just starting to feel back to my usual self (except for that pesky daylight saving thing!)

Did legs on Friday after work, felt ok.

Circuit 1

Squat (6 reps) 50, 60, 60kg

Lunges (12 reps) bw, 10, 10kg

BW Squat (30 reps)

Circuit 2

Leg Curls (6 reps) 120, 120, 130lb

Romanian Deadlifts (12 reps) 20kg dumbells

Back extension 25 reps each set

Also did:

Leg extensions 3 x 10 @ ~ 30 (my legs were jelly from the circuits)

Standing calf raises 3 x 15 at lowest setting (I think 30lb or so) haven't done specific calf exercises in ages, just work them through compound exercises...

Obliques 3 x 20 each side

Cable crunches 4 x 20 reps @ 40, 60, 80, 80

Hanging leg raises 3 x 10

Going to do chest and back today, and back into the cardio also. That virus really knocked me around so hopefully haven't been set back too far...

Thanks for that, I'll give the glutamine a go. I already drink green tea...

I am taking thermogenics (am coming off a break between cycles starting tomorrow) I take Essential Body thermogenic matrix. I used the Leppin ones for a while, but they made me feel a bit crap. The essential body ones were pretty good in the last cycle, although I'm upping the dose this time so hopefully will still be ok and not make me feel ill!

Yesterday was pretty good - diet back on track, but only did one lot of cardio (still a bit blocked up).

Did shoulders/triceps/biceps

Circuit 1 (3 sets)

Shoulder DB press - 6 @ 12.5

Seated DB lat raises - 12 @ 7 (upped weight from last time - shoulders are definitely getting bigger and a bit striated)

Cable lat raises - 25 @ 2/1

Circuit 2 (3 sets)

Tricep dips 6 reps (unassisted this time)

Tricep pushups 12 reps

Tricep pressdown 25 @ 30 (used a different machine this time)

Circuit 3 (3 sets)

Incline DB curls 6 @ 8kg

Standing DB curls 12 @ 6kg

Alternating DB curls 28 @ 6kg

Then did 30 mins on the arc trainer...

Actually got my sorry butt out of bed this morning and went to the gym. Did legs:

Circuit 1 (3 sets)

Squats 6 @ 50kg - was feeling weak this morning, but could go back up to 60 next time

Lunges 12 each leg @ 10kg

BW wide leg deep squats x 30

Circuit 2 (3 sets)

Lying hamstring curls 6 @ 130lb

Romanian deadlifts 12 @ 20kg dumbells

Back extension/Reverse extension x 25

followed by 15 mins on the cross trainer - ran out of time a bit...

Got a couple of games of indoor netball tonight, so will make up for the shorter cardio this morning.

I went back and looked at the pics and your looking in good shape and on course. It is defininltey a compliment because your very strong, especially in your legs and arms thats why i was wondering if your a guy or not ( your shoulder dumbell presses seemed alittle light for a guy). I've seen some dudes in the gym that arent lifting as heavy as you. In the case of women i feel they dont realize how strong they can be, it's nice to see a girl trainin hard and intensely and putting there all in.