Last minute journal...

waxmistress

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However I need to get them a bit more ripped. Maybe some leg extensions would be good for the fronts. Any ideas on getting legs cut? There's plenty of muscle in there!

I notice you're mostly doing 8-10 reps for your legs. Maybe try higher reps, around 12-15? Those hill lunges you mentioned earlier should help too.

Of the two bikinis you posted I like the bottoms on the top pair better. Think the three straps on the cutaway side looks more flattering than the two straps on the other bikini. As for the tops I guess it depends on whether you think you look better in one with an underwire (the bottom one) or without (the top one). Have you been able to try any similar styles on?

Here are a couple of US websites for secondhand bikinis that are (mostly) a bit cheaper. They may not have what you want this time round but if you keep an eye out something might come up for the future.

http://www.fitnessandfigurecompetitions ... piece.html

http://www.divaexchangefitness.com/clas ... /index.php

Yes I am always on the Internet!

Keep up the hard work Waxmistress.

Regarding bikini colour stick with colours you know suit you and go for darker shades for your first show. Dreamtan doesn't set on everyone making it very difficult to get into your bikini. Light colours can get messy quickly and those thin straps on bikini bottoms can be a mision! Better to go for a simple design in your first show until you get the hang of it and it's one less thing to get stressed out over.

Once you get through 1 or 2 contest day experiences then go for your dream bikini (using gladwrap to keep it clean).

I love the top bikini with the three strands, but it's hideously expensive. I also don't think I'd be able to get it here in time - maybe next year if I start planning a bit earlier! The second one is only 140, so I might have to go with that, but was thinking blue - maybe turquoise or something. I have to order it soon or they won't have time to make it. (then I'd be in trouble!)

Didn't do weights yesterday, did a 30 min cycle in the morning and fluffed around the rest of the day. About to go to the gym now.

I think I am getting a new programme this week, so might see if we can move to a 12-15 rep range for the last few weeks - only 4 to go! :shock:

Dreamtan doesn't set on everyone making it very difficult to get into your bikini. Light colours can get messy quickly and those thin straps on bikini bottoms can be a mision!

Hmm, maybe not turquoise then... Aaarrgh, so much to think about!

Yeah, I think gofigure fit bikinis for hardwear (who I think are bodybuildingbikinis.com - correct me if I'm wrong)...

So, ordered the bikini, went for the cut away front substitute in blue (I think - I must have changed my mind 100 times while filling out the form). Hopefully it looks good on stage...

Workout for today was good, need to fit another cardio in sometime during the mornings though i think,

~chin ups - 2 x 4 wide grip, 2 x 3 plus a failed one neutral grip. I found once I'd done the wide grip I couldn't do the same number of neutral grip, but still more wide grip chins than I've ever done! haha

~plate pullovers 2 x 20 @ 10kg

~wide grip pulldowns - 1 x 10 @ 40kg, 3 x 8 @ 45kg (i think they're kg)

~barbell bent over rows - 1 x 10 @ 30, 2 x 10 @ 35 - these felt good today - might try another 5 kg next time

~romanian deadlifts 4 x 8 with 22.5kg dumbells each hand - I can't go heavier without wrist straps , might have to start taking some in with me.

~dumbell rows 1 x 10 @ 15kg, 2 x 10 @ 17.5kg.

Then did 30 min exercycle, followed by some posing practise. I think my abs are slowly appearing, but maybe I'm seeing things! :pfft:

Hi all,

Sorry to bore you with another one of these, but I'm nearing the time of my first comp - have nearly quit a number of times, but am doggedly trying to get there.

Going to compete in the figure class at the October CNIs so there are only about 5.5 weeks left. Getting pretty nervous about it all now.

I think I am at about 16% body fat at the moment, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be lean enough on the day. :shifty:

Just wanted to know if anyone's been here and what sort of % you can expect to lose in the last 5 weeks and any tips on getting rid of it faster!

In my experience 2.5kg of fat could be lost in the last 6weeks before a contest without losing a significant amount of muscle in the process.

Remember that women are always at least 5% higher in a fat test than men because their predominant hormone is estrogen unless they are loaded on testosterone and are basically male.

Helen Alohei won the NABBA Nationals at 10.5% bodyfat and was pretty cut.

From your photos I think 16% is pretty optomistic and I would add on at least another 2-3%.

Having said that you have a very nice structure with a small waist,good width,high chest and good muscle development.

Body Fitness would be your class given your current condition but you still have to go hard to drop bodyfat.There is only Open Class for bodyfitness, short & tall (if there are enough competitors)

The judges will be looking for defined physiques in Figure believe me and you would need to drop at least 5kg's of bodyfat.Hard to do natural and even with drugs is a big ask.There will be drug testing at the CNI's but I think only the overall winners will be pulled out.(dont take that for gospel)

If we could see more of you we could evaluate your physique more accurately.Whatever you decide,lift heavier using good form,train with weights day on day off for recovery and do more cardio(at least 1hour a day split into 2 sessions.Try and make a cycle class one or two sessions a week.Basically increase the intensity.Trim calories to 1300 a day from now on,no lower though, as your body adapts to starvation and holds onto fat.

Hard work is the price you pay for success.Throw away those useless supplements.and Good Luck

Well, didn't do anything of note yesterday - just ate clean and did my cardio like a good girl... I have my trainer tomorrow morning and he's going to do my body comp again, so I'll let you know how that goes. My waist has definitely come down a lot, so I'm hoping for good news...

Thanks point of view for your views, I have been considering bodyfitness, I just feel like you get a bit ripped off with only the 1/4 turns and routine, after all the hard work it would be nice to be able to show off a bit more muscle! It all depends on how I feel on the day, but I'll try and get some more photos that show a bit more.

Have done 30 mins on the exercycle already this morning, chest and arms day today - my favourite! :nod: and then some more cardio later on... Have a good day everyone!

My trainer emailed through my last programme (before carb depletion starts) and its a super fat-burning extravaganza programme apparently based on a Charles Poliquin system (whoever he is!) designed around fat loss. So should kick my butt.

It's a three day split and basically there's a circuit of 3 exercises per body part done 6 reps, 12 reps, ~25 reps to really burn.

I did arms and shoulders yesterday - ouch.

Shoulders

3 sets of:

6 seated dumbell presses (10, 12.5, 12.5kg)

12 seated lat raises (6, 6, 6kg)

25 cable lat raises (had to drop weights mid sets from level 3/2 for the first two sets and 2/1 for the last one)

10 secs rest between each exersize and 2 mins between each set.

6 tricep dips (I did these assisted, but can go normal from now on I think)

max tricep pushups (12, 10, 8.5 haha) - I suck at these, so not too bad an effort

25 tricep cable pressdowns (40/30, 30, 30/20 I think these were kgs?)

6 incline dumbell curls (8, 9, 9kg)

12 standing dumbell curls (8, 8/6, 8kg)

28 alternating dumbell curls (8, 8, 8/6) boy were my arms burning on the last set! I haven't had bicep pump in a while!

I also added in 3 x 15 @ 18kg rear delt flyes on the machine (it's quite a quick workout and I want to add some other stuff in where I feel I'm lacking a bit)

Then did 30 mins on the arc trainer

Had the trainer this morning. I bleated a bit more than usual, but woke up with half a sore throat at 4am, so was feeling sorry for myself! :( Has now spread to the rest of my throat - damn sick boyfriend... :evil:

Chest and Back this morning

3 sets of:

6 incline dumbell chest press (16, 14, 14)

12 incline pushups (as in legs on bench)

low incline dumbell chest press to failure (which was about 6 reps or so using the same weight from the first exercise)

6 chin ups (well it was more like 6 for the first set, 5 for the second and 4.5 for the third!)

12 bent over barbell rows (30kg for all 3 sets - can go heavier next time)

racked bar pullups to failure

Then did some abs and 10 mins on the stepper. I was definitely overheating by the end of that one!

Did my body composition, he'll email me the %.... :puke: Hopefully will take some more photos tonight (although I will try to find some better light so you can see more definition!)

My trainer emailed through my last programme (before carb depletion starts) and its a super fat-burning extravaganza programme apparently based on a Charles Poliquin system (whoever he is!) designed around fat loss. So should kick my butt.

It's a three day split and basically there's a circuit of 3 exercises per body part done 6 reps, 12 reps, ~25 reps to really burn.

Sounds like you're getting all angles covered - literally!

Did my body composition, he'll email me the %.... :puke: Hopefully will take some more photos tonight (although I will try to find some better light so you can see more definition!)

This might sound like a silly question but have you tried using the flash on your camera? It does add a bit more light if you don't have much natural light.

Hope you're feeling better soon. I often have echinacea when I feel like I'm getting sick. I think it helps (or it could just be placebo effect!).

From a bodybuilding point of view, the flash isn't always a help. Because it lights directly from the front, it can lighten your shadows and make you look flat, hiding your hard-earned cuts. Of course, that's still better than a photo that's too dark to see.

I guess what I'm saying is: use the flash if you need to, but realise that if your abs don't show like you think they should, it may just be the photo. :P

It will be a miracle if my abs EVER show, let alone on camera! :pfft: Although the trainer did say this morning that it looks like they're coming out!

The last photos didn't show nearly as much definition as I can see in the mirror (or I think I can!), but I'll try using a bit more light in the room (not taking them at night might also help, but that's the only time I'm home!)

What do people vote on the taking of vit c? I have read that you take it until you 'crap through the eye of a needle' and then you know you've had enough, but possibly won't try that today given that I'm at work! haha :jail:

waxmistress, I love following your weight workouts.. theyre real strong,.. especially your squat and stuff... will be very cool to see how it shows at a lower bf % !

Thanks Varven! :lol:

Apparently linus pauling (two times nobel laureate) advocated megadoses of vit c, however I'm not sure that he was that popular with the medical fraternity for it!

OK, trainer has got back to me re body fat % - good news is I've had a big drop in mm, which works out to about 14.8% However, he thinks that this is possibly on the high end of accuracy and I may be slightly lower than this as he says the BC formula adds a certain base level that once you start losing a lot can be too much.

Best news is that I have dropped 6.5mm off my abs which he says is a HUGE drop in the time I've had since the last reading. He also says that it also shows there is a new cycle of fat loss happening as often this happens ‘inside out' (torso first and then extremities).

Hurrah! \:D/