Last minute journal...

waxmistress

Hi all,

Sorry to bore you with another one of these, but I'm nearing the time of my first comp - have nearly quit a number of times, but am doggedly trying to get there.

Going to compete in the figure class at the October CNIs so there are only about 5.5 weeks left. Getting pretty nervous about it all now.

I think I am at about 16% body fat at the moment, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be lean enough on the day. :shifty:

Just wanted to know if anyone's been here and what sort of % you can expect to lose in the last 5 weeks and any tips on getting rid of it faster!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, ok, so really needing to drop the body fat from here. I don't think my muscles are too bad overall, just need some more triceps and biceps. I think I have good width across the back. Will try and get some photos up.

Have dropped all my carbs as of this week (apart from the post workout shake!). Need to add in some more cardio.

I figure this'll keep me honest if I post everything and hopefully people will let me know if they think I could be doing anything else!

Thanks!

Yeah I have been in contact with them too thanks! I also found http://www.bikiniguru.com who have been really helpful - turns out they did design Sarah's bikini, and they may be able to sort me out before the comp... Although having seen the photos I took last night I'm feeling like I might not lose the flab in time... aaaarrgh... I'm actually too embarrassed to put the photos up for fear of being told I'm kidding myself if I think I'm going to be ready for a comp in just 5 weeks! I don't look anything like Mossley did at this stage...

Anyways, yesterday was quite a good day training and eating-wise. Gotta have every day like this from now on... plus more cardio!

8am Protein powder (3 scoops) and a kiwifruit

10.30 Some tofu, cottage cheese and a tomato

1pm went out for thai with work and had stir fried seafood with veges and a couple of cashews

3.30 more protein powder (3 scoops fitnet brand protein)

6.30 Post workout shake (3 scoops Leppin R3 in water) I did cheat a bit and add some light soy milk for a change (I got given some and wanted to see what it would be like!) :roll:

9.30 Dinner was quite late, but had thai again - Som Tum carrot salad with some prawns in it. yum.

I'm finding the eating quite hard because I don't eat meat (I do eat fish and seafood), so any ideas y'all have would be appreciated!

Training at 4.30ish was:

~Chin ups - I really (really) suck at these and have only just worked my way up to 4 sets of 4 (overhand neutral grip)

~Plate pullovers 3 sets of 20 @ 10kg - I might have to put these up to 15kg next time

~Wide lat pulldowns - 4 sets of 8 @ 45kg

~Bent over rows - 3 sets of 10 @ 30kg - I can do more on these but I was in the circuit room and there weren't enough weights around...

~One arm rows - 3 sets of 10 @ 15kg. think I might have to move this up too...

I then did a circuit class to top it all off - was quite a good workout all round...

Have done an hour cardio on the bike and cross trainer so far this morning (quite an achievement as I'm really not a morning person!) :wink:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the bikini. I've been thinking about one too, although I probably won't be competing until some time next year.

Do you have an experienced trainer giving you advice about your comp preparation? They should be able to give you a realistic opinion about whether you'd be able to get ready in time (or what you'd need to do to get there). Maybe try Lisa at Go Figure?

Well done on the chin ups! It's something I'd like to do. I've read that one way you could increase your strength on these is to use negative chins: use a step or a boost from a spotter to get yourself into the top position then very slowly lower yourself down.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks! I used to only be able to do them with a little jump before every one, but they're coming along nicely...

Having this forum is really going to help my daytime lack of motivation and those sneaky nut bar runs...

I am training with Cliff Harvey (and nutrition as well) at Studio Personal Training. He's been awesome.

Bodybuildingbikinis have been really helpful, and I will definitely go with them if the other one won't be available in time. They said they could do a similar bikini to the one I fell in love with, but if I can get the other then I will. I figure it's worth paying a bit more for - might encourage me to do another comp and not just quit after this one! haha

Thanks for that! I actually feel a bit better about it all after seeing their pics. They are leaner than I am, but I think my muscle mass is better. I think if I can get the body fat % down over the next 5 weeks I might just be ok to compete. Getting my bikini etc. all sorted (although given the chub it might not fit on the day!) haha. :oops:

Yesterday was a great day all round. I think I have really hit my peak of motivation. I am now really into the whole thing. Before I was trying to kid myself that I could do it while still having naughty things, but it just wasn't happening. So hopefully I have settled into it all in time to get the % down enough. Although NZFBB aren't going for such a lean look these days, which will be great for me! :lol:

Yesterday am did 20 minutes cycle and 40 mins crosstrainer.

11.30am went for a 40 min run - this really kills me! Running with a couple of other women from work - one of them won a commonwealth silver medal for hurdles back in the day and we eat her dust basically!

4.30 I did as Abs/Biceps/Triceps workout - I am going to try and work one of these in most days to try and build them up over the next few weeks. They're looking ok, but biceps are always a crowd pleaser on the night so would be nice to have a good pair!

5.15pm did a circuit class as well

Was my day off weights yesterday, but still got some light lifting in there for good measure!

Eating was good too:

6am - 2 x thermos

8am - protein shake (three scoops protein - had run out of kiwifruit though)

10.30 - was in a meeting and missed my morning tea, and then I couldn't have it just before going for a run... bad.

11am - 2 x thermos

1pm - salad with 4 egg whites

3.30 - protein shake

7.30 - yet another som tum thai carrot salad from the food court - I think I am addicted to these! Luckily there's nothing in them except for carrot, lime (or lemon!), dried prawns in this case, and lots of chilli (thermogenic! haha) also had some tofu.

Felt pretty good about yesterday - today is shaping up ok too - have done weights already (might not post tomorrow so I'll hit you with it today!)

~Hamstring curls - 4 x 8 @ 110 - was quite heavy, but need to give them a boost!

~Swiss ball leg curls with added supine bridges to build up the lower back 3 x 12

~Squats - 4 x 10 @ 50kg - I think I could put this up again maybe to 60kg or so...

~Reverse hyper extensions 3 x 12

~Hip pushes - I think that's what they're called - lying on the ground with one leg bent and pushing up on the bent leg - kills my butt...

~Did some boring sit ups too - I felt like my upper abs have been suffering a bit lately.

Anyways, that's it so far... time for my morning tea protein!

Glad that's made you feel a bit more positive!

Make sure your body gets some rest from the weights (doing 'light lifting' when it's your day off weights - naughty!). Training hard, eating less and doing more cardio is going to tire your body out enough, and you don't want to fall apart before the big day!

Are you going to be cycling your carbs?

Hamstring curls look strong! Will you be upping the rep range for your legs?

Have a good weekend!

:oops: By light lifting I just meant in the circuit class - very very light, just keeping the HR up! promise nothing more than that! :lol:

I'm not quite sure what Cliff has in store for me re changing rep ranges etc. Not cycling the carbs at the mo, but I will chat with him to see what the rationale is (always helps to know). I definitely have quite a bit of body fat to lose in a short space of time, so we'll see how it goes!

OK, well here are some photos I took last night (had to do something to avoid watching the election!) My camera isn't that great for seeing any definition - I haven't posted any triceps poses because you couldn't see that i had any and I do! not huge ones, but I do... In the side chest pose I need to get my right shoulder round more to show more width, but other than that they're coming along ok. Just waiting for the flab to reduce and then maybe I'll bother taking a photo of a full body or abs pose... 5 weeks yesterday. I think my bikini is sorting itself out - although I might not be able to get the one I want due to the price of getting it here from the states.... We'll see...

post-323-14166816861146_thumb.jpg

post-323-14166816861322_thumb.jpg

As for training over the weekend, did some hill lunges on Sat am, followed by a very short run. Never done hill lunges before. Still sore! Did some biceps/triceps and abs at the gym in the afternoon, followed by 30 mins on the exercycle.

Felt a bit feeble yesterday

Incline DB curls 4 x 8 @ 8kg

DB chest press 4 x 8 @ 17.5kg

Hammer curls 3 x 10 @ 10kg

California press 1 x 8 @ 20kg and 3 x 6 @ 25kg

Incline flyes 3 x 10 @ 12.5kg

Tricep press 3 x 14 @ 40 on the cable thingee (so technical)...

Eating was good over the weekend. Have discovered weight watchers jelly. I don't normally like eating stuff with artificial sweetner, but it makes me feel so much better! :wink:

Good on you for putting your pics up. Perhaps try lowering your elbows a little in the rear double biceps pose.

Hope your legs don't stay sore for too long after those hill lunges. Mine are bad enough after normal lunges!

DB chest press looks strong. What's a california press?

Thanks for the posing tip- will try it tonight!

California press is lying on a bench with a barbell/ez bar or whatever and lowering bar to chin level keeping arms close to the body - essentially a tricep press thing.

My trainer is away this week so I won't have an update on the body fat % till next tues or so... :pray: