Auckland Gyms

Muscleboi

hey muscle boi is fitness plus behind happy days?

hey mr natural if you can travel a bit further you should come check out CREO in papakura its a good HUGE gym with a big facility. i travel from takanini i was thinking about joining the gym behind happy days(restaurant) in manurewa but when i went to have a look inside its all old equipment and its tiny but i guess they have enough dumbbells and benches and bars so thats all that matters right the price for that ggym was like 700 or something? creo is about 550/600 but they were willing to reduce it to 550 cuz i knew i go to creo

• 2 weeks later...
fitness plus is probably easily the biggest and best out there

do you go to fitness plus natural? i had a look in that the equipment seems a tad old and limited and creo has changed so much even when i use to workout when i was 16 im almost 20 now but only recently started working out again but when i use to workout for that shortperiod of time 4 years ago it changed many times but mainly with the upgrade of new machines now its hardly changing and the setup of all the equipment is great you should come check it out sometime again for good old times:P

who cares if the gear is"a little old" its what you do with it that matters,not if it has a little paint of it ect..... go hard or go home

lol alot of people would be disrespected by that but thats fine by me cuz i know how hard i workout. actually the problem with fitness plus as i already stated is that the weight room is too small...during peak days this may be a problem....and theres not enough empty room for example barbell rows deadlifts any sort of off the ground work.

ive taken a walk in there and thats just my opinion.

Ramy you are one weird mofo.

Mr Natural is right...who gives a shit how old the gear is...as long as it works well and serves its purpose who cares if it is a little old. You say that when you were last training there 4 years ago they used to upgrade the equipment regularly...so they havent upgraded the equipment in say,four years? Who gives a f*ck? It's a good gym and serves it's members well.

Small weights room? nah,its pretty decently sized,more so than most other gyms around,much bigger and better than creo in manukau.offended you say? most people who go on about weight training gear being a little old are a little gay.

yeah your probly right but while hes asking about the gym im being informative with detailing as ive walked through it. old isnt refering to the paint or to the seat padding but it also means old style alot of the old style machines are good i dont use any machines tho..but for people who do...this could be a problem. and i repeat just being informative.

I second Fitness Plus. It's a good gym with adequate equipment and heavy dumbells. Even during peak hour you can get in and do what you want. I don't use machines a lot either if that helps - more PLing style workouts.

If I lived closer to Manurewa I would be going to that gym. Instead I have to go to Gay Mills in the city :cry:

I second Fitness Plus. It's a good gym with adequate equipment and heavy dumbells. Even during peak hour you can get in and do what you want. I don't use machines a lot either if that helps - more PLing style workouts.

If I lived closer to Manurewa I would be going to that gym. Instead I have to go to Gay Mills in the city :cry:

why do you have to go there? yeah what i do like about fitness plus is their weights old school plates none of these rubber coated pussy weights :lol: and their dumbbells go heavier than 50 kgs :D

why do you have to go there? yeah what i do like about fitness plus is their weights old school plates none of these rubber coated pussy weights :lol: and their dumbbells go heavier than 50 kgs :D

Because I live close the city and don't want to pay $40 a week in gas (and time) to get to Fitness Plus. Most of the other gyms in my area aren't as well equipped with the stuff I need so Les Mills it is. Ideally I would have gone to the uni gym but there is no parking.

Because I live close the city and don't want to pay $40 a week in gas (and time) to get to Fitness Plus. Most of the other gyms in my area aren't as well equipped with the stuff I need so Les Mills it is. Ideally I would have gone to the uni gym but there is no parking.

oh my bad, i misread i thought you said you lived closer to manurewa lol thats why i was wondering why you didnt go there :P. how much is a membership at les mills and is the facility any better?

WTF!?!?! First your complaining that they arent upgrading their equipment and that its too old and now you like the old school weight plates?? Seems to me that you just enjoy bitching about nothing ramy regardless of what it is...go moan somewhere else derka boy.

WTF!?!?! First your complaining that they arent upgrading their equipment and that its too old and now you like the old school weight plates?? Seems to me that you just enjoy bitching about nothing ramy regardless of what it is...go moan somewhere else derka boy.

what? im not complaining when somebody ASKS you about a gym and youve been into it your not gunna hold back your gunna be 'informative' its not complaining. and i said that the gym machines were old im not sure if this guy is a beginner or not but for beginners they tend to start on machines before freeweights commonly, and all their machines are old style machines and damaged. theyve got enough free weights and i noticed their dumbbells go higher than at my gym. "now you like the old school weight plates?" bro they bought them from my gym you dipshit but more important than anything theres not enough workroom and i wouldnt like to imagine what its like on peak days.

there are simply far better gyms with better facilities at cheaper costs. infact when i went into fitness plus and they heard which gym i went to they intstantly cut like $150 dollers cuz there was a "special" going on, funny.

and wtf is derka boy?

yeah bro , go to fitness plus, its a good gym regardless of the age of equiptment , alot of good powerlifters trained or train there.

And most generic gyms dumbells only go up to 50-65, last big dumbell i saw n used was at the former golds(now franks gym ) on symonds street, and it was a set of 75kg.

May be les mills has a 70 kg pair too....ram-me oh i mean ramy, may be you could go stare at them too!!! :pfft:

:shock: what did old franky b lose his gym or something ?, do tell

ha its not a secret

they closed symonds street about 2months ago and made mt eden the flagship gym

guess thats what happens when you live in whangarei, shit , yeah thinkin that that old hustler would lose his gym was a bit of a sporadic thought.

thanks for that though, good to know hes still doin hisa thing lol :)